K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Best thing i ever did for my kids was get them outta this school! The principal has taken one of the top schools in the Diocese and run it into the ground. Only three teachers who were there before her remain. She's gone through two bookkeepers in as many years. Close to 20% of the families have left. Parents are to pay up and shut up, heaven forbid you should have a suggestion or a problem. The teachers left are noticeably discontented. Academically, the school went from 1st in Academic Decathlon to 11th. As far as Catholicity, at least one family has left the Catholic Church completely, scandalized by the principal's treatment of them when they brought up a concern about curriculum changes. Enrollment is so low that the principal is offering current families a break on their volunteer requirement if they convince a new family to register. Meanwhile, tuition creeps up and up. For a school with minimal grounds, no air conditioning, no field, no parking, an ancient play structure over a tattered mat, with the kids basically running amok due to insufficient staff supervision, it is a bad bargain. There are plenty of other options!

All three of our kids attended beginning in 2001 and one still does. Our entire experience has been great. Things change, principals and teachers come and go, but St. Didacus has remained a top level educational experience for students, academically and spiritually. Everything at St. Didacus, from the classroom to extra curricular activities, is always well done and always produces excellent results. I would do it all over again without hesitation if I had three more kids....keep it up St. Didacus!

Develops character: Strongly agree

I've seen the results in our children! They all exhibit the character traits the school strives to teach.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

When I was in the younger grade, I learned a lot and understood it. Now my little sister doesn't understand very simple math. Even worse, in older grades, they do not teach us enough so we are very confused the next year, putting our future high school choices at risk. Also teachers are mean!

Amount of homework: Disagree

Not enough homework is given sometimes not even relevant to what we have been taught in class so many students have a hard time with simple tasks.

Develops character: Disagree

My teacher this year has picked a handful of students to express her anger, she is not fair with her punishments and takes her personal problems to work. The principal uses her old fashioned mindset to alienate. All students are not welcome to share their own ideas, because she shoves her own opinions down everyone's throats and is not welcome to individuality.

I have gone to this school for 9 years, yet I still feel unwelcome. Parents may write good reviews for the school, but take it from a student. The principal only cares about getting recognition for HER work and doesn't care about us at all. My mom has been a part of the school community for 9 years, but in the past year she has been alienated enough by the new principal and teachers to leave the school. When I first started at St. Didacus, it was a family friendly school with great education. In the past 2 years, it has not gone downhill, it has plunged straight down.

Very satisfied with everything, my daughter loves her new school! This is our second year and we are more than Happy with her teachers and staff.

My daughter loves her Pre-School, has been a student for almost 1 full year! We love Ms. Rose and all of her teachers and staff!

My son has attended this school since kindergarten (he is now in eighth grade) and my daughter since pre-school. We are so grateful that this school was available to us. My son has learning disabilities and high-functioning autism, and while the school does not offer speech therapy or other specialized services, they have worked so hard to help him succeed, and he has NEVER, in nine years, been bullied. Of course some teachers have been better than others, but the administration has always been receptive and supportive, and both of our children have received an excellent, caring education. The traditional methods of teaching, pro-active discipline and strict uniform requirements might not be for everyone, but I would whole-heartedly recommend this school to any parent.

Last modified St. Didacus Parish School is a Private school that serves grades K-8