K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (3 responses)

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

In my class there was one girl who was bullied by some other students but the teachers would always take time of their own to try and prevent further events like that. There was even a counselor who would help kids work through their differences together.

Supports LD students: Agree

I remember when I was attending St. Didacus that there were students with disabilities who were always helped and never discriminated

Develops character: Agree

When I attended this school we were always taught to respect and care for each other, if someone was being bullied the staff would always make an incredible effort to help prevent more bullying.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

As a previous student, i can affirm that when I had problems of any sort my teacher would talk to me and try to help me work them out in order to be the best I can academically.

I attended this school from preschool to 7th grade. The fundamental education that I received was crucial to who I am today. The friendships I made here are strong till this day. Almost every teacher was very understanding and supportive in every situation. I can admit the principal that was hired after mrs. lacosta had to leave was the worst thing that could've happened to the school but before her I could sincerely say BEST SCHOOL EVER

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Bullying happens, from gossipy girls to aggressive little boys, and the principal fails to address it. Teachers and staff don't seem to know what to do and seem scared to admit how little supervision there is at the school. I have seen heard teachers make contradictory statements regarding supervision circumstances. Parents used to volunteer at lunch and recess so there was better supervision then, but the current principal does not seem to want parents around, except for fundraisers. The kids know that when they're not being watched, they can get away with things.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

There doesn't seem to be sufficient education for the teachers on how to assess the kids, or even the need for assessment and differentiation. It seems the teachers just plow ahead with what they have planned without regard to the actual students. If there is assessment done, it is so late into the school year that much time is wasted.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

You hear about things the principal does or says and you think, "surely that's an exaggeration". Then the day comes when you experience her work yourself and you realize "i am not sure my kid is even safe here". She always dismisses every concern parents bring to her attention. Kids have been injured through faculty negligence and the principal dismisses it. The pastor is a sweet, intellectual man who seems afraid to take charge though it is so badly needed and he has the authority, no, the responsibility, to do so.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Busywork, busywork, busywork, and when do you even get it graded and returned?

The past three years have been terrible. The most recent principal has made this school a wreck. I finally admit that I have to get my kids out of the school. When I saw what other schools are doing and the technology and other teaching tool they have and the quality of teachers at other schools I realized I was doing my kids a disservice by keeping them at St Didacus.

Last modified St. Didacus Parish School is a Private school that serves grades K-8