Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 24, 2015
When I was in the younger grade, I learned a lot and understood it. Now my little sister doesn't understand very simple math. Even worse, in older grades, they do not teach us enough so we are very confused the next year, putting our future high school choices at risk. Also teachers are mean!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 24, 2015
Not enough homework is given sometimes not even relevant to what we have been taught in class so many students have a hard time with simple tasks.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted July 24, 2015
A lot of my projects were introduced but not pursued so I would start working on a report but then have to drop it. Some of my projects were completed but not graded. This taught me that even if I work hard my work will not be appreciated. Teachers do not constantly ask for our work; they just hope we completed it and got it right, because a lot of it isn't even graded.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted July 24, 2015
I believe that the principal and teachers do not respect the students and in turn do not respect each other. Instead of telling the students what they did wrong they do things behind both the teacher and principals back and when caught get more punishment for what they were not taught in the first place.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted July 24, 2015
When we get in trouble, even for minor things, we are punished, but they do not explain why. I think this is a problem especially for younger students because we will not do those things in the future because we are scared, but we will not know why it is wrong.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted July 24, 2015
My teacher this year has picked a handful of students to express her anger, she is not fair with her punishments and takes her personal problems to work. The principal uses her old fashioned mindset to alienate. All students are not welcome to share their own ideas, because she shoves her own opinions down everyone's throats and is not welcome to individuality.

St. Didacus Parish School 2

Posted July 24, 2015
I have gone to this school for 9 years, yet I still feel unwelcome. Parents may write good reviews for the school, but take it from a student. The principal only cares about getting recognition for HER work and doesn't care about us at all. My mom has been a part of the school community for 9 years, but in the past year she has been alienated enough by the new principal and teachers to leave the school. When I first started at St. Didacus, it was a family friendly school with great education. In the past 2 years, it has not gone downhill, it has plunged straight down.

Posted April 28, 2014
Very satisfied with everything, my daughter loves her new school! This is our second year and we are more than Happy with her teachers and staff.

Posted April 10, 2014
My daughter loves her Pre-School, has been a student for almost 1 full year! We love Ms. Rose and all of her teachers and staff!

Posted February 23, 2014
My son has attended this school since kindergarten (he is now in eighth grade) and my daughter since pre-school. We are so grateful that this school was available to us. My son has learning disabilities and high-functioning autism, and while the school does not offer speech therapy or other specialized services, they have worked so hard to help him succeed, and he has NEVER, in nine years, been bullied. Of course some teachers have been better than others, but the administration has always been receptive and supportive, and both of our children have received an excellent, caring education. The traditional methods of teaching, pro-active discipline and strict uniform requirements might not be for everyone, but I would whole-heartedly recommend this school to any parent.

4630 34th Street, San Diego, CA  92116
Last modified St. Didacus Parish School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Didacus Parish School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top