9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Graduate of 1986 during a time where I wanted to go to school and develop my voice without the influence of of males. Well I did develop my own voice. I was never part of the cliques and never needed to feel like I needed to belong. I was a Navy physician in the end. Loved it there and hoping it hasn't changed so that my daughter can have that choice.

It is super exciting at the beginning of your experience, but once the truth is realized it becomes downhill and very tedious and bittersweet. I was only attending for two years and I already wanted to leave. They literally only care about you if you can afford the tuition and have high grades. Most of the students are very friendly and courteous. There is a high majority of two major ethnicity , one of them is an entire clique. You have to make sure to pick the right friends your freshman year or else the rest of your years will be miserable. What happened to me was just that. The friends I made freshman year turned out to be stuck-up, rich, judgmental know-it-alls. The school has favoritism towards people who actually do stuff, and especially seniors. Basically, if all you do is study, only a few teachers and people will know you.

This school is completely unorganized. Not, I repeat NOT COLLEGE PREP! If your child has any aspirations of getting into a top notch college DO NOT send her here. Not only are the academic teachers unprepared the principal doesn't return phone calls and acts like she is above everyone.

The most life-changing (and best) four years I have ever experienced and I would trade all of my tomorrows to revisit a day at that school. I learned so much academically and non-academically (yes, it's true that the academics can be rigorous). The teachers really prepared me for college and they care about how you succeed in and out of the classroom. I've made lifelong friends at that school and they're all of the girls in my class because the school is a very tight-knit community. I'm a proud alumni and I hope to send my daughter to OLP.

I am so grateful to have been able to attend the Academy. Advice I would give: It is extremely challenging academically, but hang in there because the end result is phenomenal. Find out for yourself.

class of '03 currently pregnant with my first daughter (i have an older son) and planning on her going to OLP! loved every single thing about it!!!

The highest compliment a school can receive is to have alums send their own children to their alma mater. I graduated from the school, and my two daughters are students. OLP is a wealth of tradition and sisterhood. Teachers and faculty are dedicated and available. Please note: this is a college preparatory, academic environment! You must be willing to work hard to get the most out of this school. But you will be extremely well prepared for college and life beyond.

I am entering my senior year at AOLP and I've loved all three previous years! I feel that it is so important for a young woman to have a supportive and loving academic community surrounding her in these four formative years of high school. That community at OLP has helped me blossom into a respectful, aware, and well-rounded young woman. I feel so prepared for college with the constant burden of taking notes, writing essays, and thinking critically. The English Department perpetually challenges each and every student to better her writing skills and the Science Department tries to engage each student as well. The only complaint I have about this wonderful school is that they require eight semesters of religion classes and, while most are very fulfilling, some try to push Catholic dogma a little too hard, which ends up driving some girls away. However, I have never been Catholic and never will be, but I have learned to appreciate the beauty and love that all of the religion teachers (and teachers in general) share with the girls. OLP is truly a large family and I can hardly express how much my high school experience has shaped me into a woman of peace, faith, and confidence.

I will be going into my sophmore year and I can't wait, my freshman year has been amazing! The teachers are great and they actually take the time to help you, even if it is during their break. The guidance counselors are amazing as well! I was having trouble in a class and I was a little hesitant on talking to the teacher about it so my counselor came with me. I'll admit OLP is not for everyone, but it is a great school!

I honestly love this school!!!! I went to la costa canyon freshman year and i HATED IT! The girls dressed horribly and there were cliques! It was all around horrible! But at OLP there is none of that!!!!! It is honestly the most amazing school i could ever ask for!!!! I LOVE IT SOOO MUCH!!!!!!! If you are debating b/w schools this is with out a doubt the school for you!

Last modified Academy Of Our Lady Of Peace is a Private school that serves grades 9-12