Posted September 11, 2013
The most life-changing (and best) four years I have ever experienced and I would trade all of my tomorrows to revisit a day at that school. I learned so much academically and non-academically (yes, it's true that the academics can be rigorous). The teachers really prepared me for college and they care about how you succeed in and out of the classroom. I've made lifelong friends at that school and they're all of the girls in my class because the school is a very tight-knit community. I'm a proud alumni and I hope to send my daughter to OLP.

Posted August 26, 2013
I am so grateful to have been able to attend the Academy. Advice I would give: It is extremely challenging academically, but hang in there because the end result is phenomenal. Find out for yourself.

Posted January 18, 2013
class of '03 currently pregnant with my first daughter (i have an older son) and planning on her going to OLP! loved every single thing about it!!!

Posted October 23, 2012
The highest compliment a school can receive is to have alums send their own children to their alma mater. I graduated from the school, and my two daughters are students. OLP is a wealth of tradition and sisterhood. Teachers and faculty are dedicated and available. Please note: this is a college preparatory, academic environment! You must be willing to work hard to get the most out of this school. But you will be extremely well prepared for college and life beyond.

Posted July 23, 2012
I am entering my senior year at AOLP and I've loved all three previous years! I feel that it is so important for a young woman to have a supportive and loving academic community surrounding her in these four formative years of high school. That community at OLP has helped me blossom into a respectful, aware, and well-rounded young woman. I feel so prepared for college with the constant burden of taking notes, writing essays, and thinking critically. The English Department perpetually challenges each and every student to better her writing skills and the Science Department tries to engage each student as well. The only complaint I have about this wonderful school is that they require eight semesters of religion classes and, while most are very fulfilling, some try to push Catholic dogma a little too hard, which ends up driving some girls away. However, I have never been Catholic and never will be, but I have learned to appreciate the beauty and love that all of the religion teachers (and teachers in general) share with the girls. OLP is truly a large family and I can hardly express how much my high school experience has shaped me into a woman of peace, faith, and confidence.

Posted April 12, 2012
I will be going into my sophmore year and I can't wait, my freshman year has been amazing! The teachers are great and they actually take the time to help you, even if it is during their break. The guidance counselors are amazing as well! I was having trouble in a class and I was a little hesitant on talking to the teacher about it so my counselor came with me. I'll admit OLP is not for everyone, but it is a great school!

Posted August 21, 2011
I honestly love this school!!!! I went to la costa canyon freshman year and i HATED IT! The girls dressed horribly and there were cliques! It was all around horrible! But at OLP there is none of that!!!!! It is honestly the most amazing school i could ever ask for!!!! I LOVE IT SOOO MUCH!!!!!!! If you are debating b/w schools this is with out a doubt the school for you!

Posted July 15, 2011
My daughter was a transfer from another high school. She is SO HAPPY here, This is an academically challenging school, butgirls who struggle but are willing to work hard will succeed as well thanks to the caring teachers. I cannot believe how available the teachers are for the students and the parents compared to another Catholic high school where the teachers are out of the parking lot 5 mintues after the last bell. No cliques here, there is a place for every girl and while there are wealthy girls as well as financial scholarship students, there is no social separation based upon financial means (unlike the 'other' Catholic high school). Your daughter will be taught to think for herself, explore her possiblities, celebrate her strengths and accept her weaknesses and most of all become an independent young woman. Having experience elsewhere, I can wholeheartedly recommend this school for young ladies who will learn the tools to be successful no matter what life path they take. Your daughter will love it here guaranteed!!

Posted May 01, 2010

Posted October 16, 2009
The Academy of Our Lady of Peace presents amazing oppurtunites for our daughters to build their future. The environment is unlike anything I have ever seen before; my daughter has told me on numerous occasions that she loves how she does not have to worry about cliques, or popularity contests, unlike her friends at other schools. OLP is a nurturing environment which encourages girls to express themselves in the classroom, as well as through sports and theatre programs. It is no doubt that the academics offered at the Academy are of the highest caliber; no other school I have heard of can compare. And the most recent graduates of OLP, who are now at Harvard, Yale, Columbia, and Notre Dame among other universities, only illustrate that fact.

Academy Of Our Lady Of Peace
4860 Oregon Street, San Diego, CA  92116
Last modified Academy Of Our Lady Of Peace is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Academy Of Our Lady Of Peace Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top