Public charter
San Fernando, CA
Students enrolled: 2,266
Before care: Yes

Posted October 20, 2014
This school is just really great! The way the teachers interact with students is so amazing. I've never seen so much interaction and communication between teacher and student. I've been here for 3 years and i can honestly say I wouldn't like to go to any other school. The way they teach and run this school is so efficient, the discipline is so good and they prepare you for college and make you start thinking about your future at an early age. That's perhaps why this school is so successful.

Posted November 12, 2013
MY SON HAS BENN ATTENDING VAUGHN AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY I'M VERY HAPPY WITH HIS EDUCATION I REALLY LOVE THIS SCHOOL ONE THING THAT I REALLY LIKE IS HOW MUCH THEY LIKE TO INVOLVED US ON THE SCHOOL ACTIVITIES I'M ALWAYS THERE SUPPORTING MY SON. VERY GOOD SCHOOL AND TEACHERS ARE VERY GOOD TOO. MY SON IS GOING FOR 2ND YEAR OF PRE-K AND I'M SO HAPPY HE'S LEARNING SO MUCH. HAPPY MOMMY.

Posted September 22, 2013
This is a horrible school. I do not recommend this school for anyone. This school will ruin a child's dream.

Posted August 22, 2013
I have a daughter , that goes to MIT and she's been attending since pre k , and I can honestly tell you Vaughn is a good school.the teachers are very nice and caring also the school management are dedicated professionals .

Posted July 01, 2013
I chose to send my child to the middle school at Vaughn over my family's neighborhood school or a Catholic school because I knew he would get the best academic preparation for high school. The teachers here work hard and have a good comraderie. The students are expected to learn and being smart is not a liability as it can be at other schools in the middle grades. My kid LOVED the music and math teachers and he did some challenging reading in English class!

Vaughn Next Century Learning Center 4

Posted February 22, 2013
All 4 of my children attend Vaughn, growing up in lausd system was a nightmare! This school is academicaly chalenging our kids, there preparing them for college and beyond. Awesome work!

Posted June 09, 2012
One of the worst charter schools in the San Fernando Valley. For a charter school the standards are low. The middle school lacks leadership particularly in its administration. When there is a lack of leadership the faculty and students will adhire to their example.

Posted May 30, 2012
My daughter attends Vaughn and she enjoys attending every day, she is a 2nd grade student and her teacher has done an excellent job of making sure my daughter transitioned from 1st grade to 2nd grade easily . I feel her teachers made my daughters learning experience important to them as well as for me and most importantly my daughter. I am very happy for the teachers she has had both Kinder, 1st and 2nd (1st and 2nd) was the same teacher and I think that was a great idea as that made the transition easy for the kids. The Principal is also caring as I usually see her early in the morning outside in front of the school ensuring the kids are welcomed and everyone is following the drop off rules. 2nd grade teachers at Vaughn are the best!! (Ms. K rm2)

Vaughn Next Century Learning Center 2

Posted May 25, 2012
This school is not the best choice a student or scholar . I currently attend this school and as a 5th grader I can say that this school has alot of issues . The students are almost never recognized and acknowledged . If you had to chose a school for your chid I wouldn't recommend it . I can truly say that some teachers are also very rude and are almost never attending a student in need

Posted February 15, 2012
my child just started this school and i must say that i am dissapointed in the teacher that he got. im not sure and hope that all teachers are not like this one in particular and that they are more organized. as far as the school goes they have all this staff just standing around which i think should be outside directing the parents not to cut in line when picking up children or not to park in areas that they are not suppose to. as for the principal i dont see much involvement and when i see her shes never greeted the parents that are in the hall ways to pick up their children. i guess this is just a school where staff needs to learn to communicate and if they dont know how! i wonder what they are teaching the students in class.

Vaughn Next Century Learning Center
13330 Vaughn Street, San Fernando, CA  91340
Last modified Vaughn Next Century Learning Center is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vaughn Next Century Learning Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top