Posted April 16, 2014
We've been at DFES for almost 6 years now, with a 5th grader about to graduate. Almost all of the teachers here are awesome and our kids have had a great educational experience. If you're looking for a LOT of homework and focus on teaching to the test, this probably isn't the school for you. However, if you're looking for a well-rounded education that doesn't only focus on classroom academics, DFES is a wonderful school. They now have an amazing Outdoor Ed instructor who teaches gardening and cooking with ingredients from the garden. There's always plenty of art, both visual and performing, activities to keep the kids engaged. My kids have also greatly enjoyed many science lessons. It is a caring community and we've made some fabulous friends with other families here. It's a great place to volunteer and I find that if you take the time to be involved, your experience here becomes more enjoyable.

Posted October 15, 2013
My daughter started at DFES in Kindergarten. Mrs. Schroff worked with us to adjust our daughter to the new environment. She amazed all the parents by having her class (22 kids) put on The Cat In The Hat play. Ms. Small is my daughter s First Grade teacher. She tells me all things she learned at school. I think Ms. Small is wonderful she makes reading fun in her class. For example, the first thing my daughter did when she work up last Saturday was to read me her six Scholastic books. I am also amazed how nice the The DFES community is. The PTA members are very warm and appreciate any assistance. We enjoy going to the DFES community because it is like a family get together. We are very fortunate to have our child in this wonderful school. We never take it for granted.

Posted October 13, 2013
After being assigned to a neighborhood school across the city, we waited until the SFUSD second "round" to get our first choice of DFES. We are very happy here; my son is in 2nd grade and he looks forward to every day at school. After being open for only 8 years, DFES was awarded the CA Distinguished School award. The teachers strive toward teaching "the whole child" - academic, physical, social/emotional. The principal recently wrote and won a grant for a two-year outdoor education/gardening teacher, and the yard is starting to flourish! Even though we have over 500 students, it feels like a much smaller community. I think this is because the teachers and principal go out of their way to see every student as their own. We've had a great experience at DFES!

Posted October 10, 2013
DFES is a great school. It has a very caring and diverse community that puts a lot of time and energy into each child's well-being, education, health, and happiness. My daughter has flourished there. Academics are important, yes. But they also make sure that P.E., art, music, diversity, and learning how to live green are all explored. We feel very lucky that she is getting a well-rounded education and all for free.

Posted October 09, 2013
We are now in 2nd grade and are very pleased with DFES! Our son loves going to school and learning (and says he loves science in particular!) The school is good at social and emotional development as well as academics. Caring and kindness are incentivized and made part of the culture. The parent community is active and upbeat. There is something for everyone here if they choose to be involved. I've found the teachers skilled, as well as warm and friendly. I especially appreciate the UCSF science program he had in K, and am looking forward to the launch of Education Outside and the new school garden.

Posted October 08, 2013
Dianne Feinstein Elementary School is an oasis for children and parents seeking excellence in primary education. Each grade level stimulates with standard and far-reaching curriculum. Teachers are individuals who each carry a value of continuity to extend through the grade levels from K-5. This continuity representing the personal excellence of each individual. Coaxing excellence from children at every level of the group, an individualized education for all is achieved throughout the student body. This is so difficult to achieve in these times of underfunding. However, at DFES, this is happening now. The parent group at the school are forever supporting to teachers and staff. Researching available resources and grants, parent volunteers work hard to establish excellence in expectations. Collaboration between the teachers and parents really make this community thrive. Join us and find out why so many are committed to working countless volunteer hours to see the best for every student in our school.

Posted October 08, 2013
We are thrilled to be at this school! My child is really thriving there and her teacher is amazing. Her teacher is always available for discussion and quick to respond to emails. She e-mails weekly updates of what the class is doing, plus she sends pictures. I love that I can use that info to spark a meaningful conversation with my child about what she's learning in school. I volunteer in the classroom every week and I'm constantly impressed by the teacher's ability to keep the students (kindergarten) focused and make learning enjoyable! On top of the educational standards, the teachers/staff work really hard at building a caring community and teaching all of the children to be genuinely respectful of others. The PTA works hard to build a really supportive community too and it definitely shows! I do not have one negative thing to say about this school.

Posted October 03, 2013
This is a great school!! My kids love it! Lots of parent involvement. Clean, safe, lots of extras like PE, art, computers, good after school program. Teachers are enthused and motivated. Couldn't ask for a better public school!

Posted October 01, 2013
We moved to San Francisco two years ago with a lot of trepidation and anxiety around where our two boys would go to school. We cannot afford private schools so outside of home-schooling, public schools were our only choice. Can I just tell you how lucky we feel to be a part of the Dianne Feinstein E.S. community? It is a true gem of school. My sons have felt safe and cared for and WE, as a family, have felt so welcomed. Principal Chang has done so much to make the school's environment respectful, caring and fun. I have seen firsthand how the teachers and staff have implemented positive changes in student discipline and school values. Inclusion here is huge. Nobody is left out. The school seems to strive for continual improvement and, as a parent, this puts me at ease because complacency breeds failure. Without a doubt this school is a winner!!

Posted September 30, 2013
Our son attends Dianne Feinstein Elementary School and is in 1st Grade. This is our second year at DFES and we absolutely LOVE it!!! We are SO grateful that our son is in this school and he is too. He LOVES going to school every day and is learning so much from the AMAZING teachers they have. :)

Feinstein (Dianne) Elementary School
2550 25th Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94116
Last modified Feinstein (Dianne) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Feinstein (Dianne) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top