Bad
Good

My daughter attends this school.. it is her second year there and she loves it.. Great staff and after school program.. I like how they are challenging her to be her best.. I also like how it is a small school so you get to know everybody quite fast

My kids has been in this school since they where kinder, I love everything about his school especially the teachers. However, biggest mistake when they put Karen Francois as the new assistant principal in this school. She doesnt care for the students and the parents. She snaps to the teachers easily, she yells! Non of the students like her at all. We need a new leader in this school! No wonder she got kicked out from her last school because of her attitude, she is very controlling and thinks can do everything she wants. You would she will change because of her past experience but NO she got worst!!! The district needs to do something

I have two kids, my son & my step-son and they both love and had a marvelous time at this school. They also go to an after school program w/c is called 'Galing Bata'. I enrolled my son a month before his scahool starts at Galing Bata, and I enrolled my step-son late but Galing Bata was so nice that they took him, since they have an extra slot to fill in. This school has another school program w/c is YMCA. I don't have any issue regarding this school and I'm semi-active in regards with their PTA activities since me & my husband are working full time. I think they mostly cater to kids and parents who are active and communicates well at school, to encourage them to get involve especially parents who only knows to complain and doesn't even participate at all. Most school now a days does not get that much fund, but I'm happy that my kids still get enough learning and attention at this school. They also gives flyers most of the time to kids and hand it down to their parents and put up flyers along the bulletin board for parents to read. Sometimes I think of it of too much spam, but I still wonder why other parents still doesn't even bother to stop and read it?

Bessie Carmichael K-8 is a hidden gem. My daughter has attended since Kinder and my son since middle school. The teachers are involved, caring, have high standards and are well educated themselves.The principal genuinely cares about each student and runs an effective school. The students at the school are well mannered and very friendly. There are 2 after school programs, the YMCA and the Filipino after school program where kids get to learn about Filipino culture and practice Tagalog. In the K-5 school there is a drama, chorus, girl scouts:brownies and now a third grade soccer team!! In the middle school, the students have basketball, soccer, volleyball, track, and sudent council. Baseball coming this spring, year 2011. Get to know MS teachers for fantastic summer opportunities for MS students!!! I feel my two children are receiving a good education in a supportive and caring community. My only complaint would be parent involvement and the communication between school and home needs work. There are opportunities going on that we parents don't always get to hear about. We need a few more active parents who can help our school become even better!

BECAUSE OF BUDGET CUT AND RECENT LAY-OFF TEACHERS COME AND GO FROM THIS SCHOOL AND SAD TO SAY THEY HAVE REPLACED SOME OF THE BETTER TEACHERS THAT KNOWS THE KIDS AND SOMEHOW MUCH MORE STUDENT ORIENTED STAFF WITH INCOMPREHENSIBLE AND UNTOLERABLE INSTRUCTORS. I APOLOGIZE TO THE BESTEST TEACHERS THAT THIS SCHOOL HAVE FOR QUITE A LONG TIME AND THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE-THE ONES THAT GIVES HOMEWORK BECAUSE THEY KNOW KIDS NEEDS IT NOT BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO FOLLOW AND MEET SUCH AND SUCH THINGS. THE TEACHERS THAT TALKS TO STUDENT INSTEAD OF BELITTLING THEM FOR THEIR SIMPLE MISTAKES. I LOVE BESSIE BUT THEIR MISSIONS AND GOAL ARE QUESTIONABLE IN CERTAIN ASPECT.

Great School!!Lots of extracurricular programs:music, dance, drama, art, chorus, lots of field trips, and band (for older grades),also has optional spanish & tagolog immersion programs, they offer lots of parent workshops & family fun days throughout the year.Awesome principle! I believe Mr.Burgos really has a passion for the children,for the school and his teachers! He makes it a point to know every child by name(& he does)! This is only our first year here,my son just completed his kinder year! He did amazing! He was a lil' ahead of the game academically but he was challenged in unexpected ways & enjoyed every minute of kinder! I hope all of the teachers have as much integrity as my boy's kinder teacher, Ms.McCormac! Her consistency&patience is commendable! Ms.Chai is also a teacher worth mentioning, she is very loving&has her own child enrolled in Bessie! Parent involvmnt is lacking, but i have high hopes!

the best school ever. i love this school. best teachers, principal, students to hang out with, and education that your able to get. i have had so many memories through out my school years here at bessie. i have been here since kinder, and now i am going to graduate from bessie carmicheal as a 8th grader. i will surely miss this school, and hopefully i will come visit this school. (:

Great School for my 2 kids, teachers really care about kids education. Students in this school are well mannered.

Last modified Carmichael (Bessie)/Fec is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.