Bad
Good

My son's English developed a lot in this school and His teachers are just great. We didn't have to look private super schools at that time, but we lived closer to this school, so we decided to give our son Hillcrest elementry school. First year my son's English wasn't that good, but right now he developed a lot. And his teachers ms. Aisha and mr. C are just amazing. Mr. C came out with new program for more successful students. They give lots of homework to home and we really like it because our son is not free at home. He also likes it, he wants even more homework. And they have done some researches, essays. And other stuffs are also kind and respectful. I even don't know how to thank them.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My son brings lots of homework to do at home. And we like it because he wants more and more in every time. When he attempted kindergarten last year, his English wasn't that great but ms. Aysha wirked a lot with him. This year mr. C also a wonderful teacher. I don't know how to thank them because he came out with new program for students who are more successful in studying. Isn't it great. And stuff are always kind and respectful. I really like this school.

My nephew went through a whole day with a possibly broken ankle today and all the teachers in that school did not notice he is now walking around on crutches. This just goes to show how incompetent the teachers are in that school. They don't care about the kids or what happens as long as they're getting paid. Horrible school.

My children's has suffered because this school is not good for my children. I do not belief that the school has a positive hand on the bullying because I know many problems. I do not like this school so that we leave because of bullying and problems and our next child will not have exposure to this school. I am happy my family not have exposure to this school now and never for the future.

Hillcrest is an amazing school. I am so proud to be a teacher here. We have countless services and programs to help our students be successful as possible. For example, we offer tutoring, many mental health services, garden/ourdoor education, an excellent after school program, art classes (to name a few). The teachers/staff are excited to service our students and motivated to improve instruction. Many teachers are National Board Certified and/or have attended Teacher's College at Columbia University to develop a strong literacy program. I love teaching at Hillcrest!!!

Hillcrest is an amazing school. I am a teacher here at Hillcrest and have been here for thirteen years. The progress this school has made over the last thirteen years is mind boggling. The way we address our student's academic, social and emotional needs is the most proactive I have seen or experienced at any school, public or private, in my career. One of the best qualities of Hillcrest is how happy people are to work here. Our staff is supportive of each other and our students. We enjoy coming to work and that positive attitude is what makes Hillcrest so special.

this school hillcrest is amazing the staff and teachers are the greatest the pta team is the bomb this school is doing everything right my son and other children are always happy and they have a positive hand on bullying and teaching the children to use there words thank you hillcrest for doing a fabulous job from a very happy and satisfied parent.

I am an alumni of Hillcrest Elementary who graduated in 2003. This school has provided me a rich experience of cultural diversity which has prepared me for what college has to offer. Hillcrest was a place filled with supporting teachers and staff who stepped out of their way to assist and nurture its students. Three years ago, my little brother had the chance to become a student of the Hillcrest community. The principal, Mr. Zapien, works his very hardest to emphasize the importance of the students to attain a proficient level of reading, essay writing, and mathematics. My brother, in the second grade, has to read 30 minutes each day which is just an example of how the goal of reading well is being worked towards. However, despite everyone's efforts to make sure the students of Hillcrest are reaching their maximum potential, the school indeed is in a budget crisis. And that's why I'm writing this. By helping Hillcrest win $5000 through the Great Schools Sweepstakes, the students will be able to excel even further through the use of more books, computers, and other resources. Being a former student of Hillcrest, I hope to see all the students thrive as much as I did there.

This school is not good. Do not recommend it at all. There seem like many problems that go without help or change.

I love this school, my daughter she is in fifth grade and she started kinder garden with teacher matssuda a great teacher, they have after school program of which it had helped me a lot because I'm a single parent and I have to work full time. Thank you Hillcrest teachers you guy really made the difference!!!!

Last modified Hillcrest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.