Posted July 02, 2014
It is not as good as Marina and that's all I got to say about it

Posted May 19, 2014
It has been a great year for my son. He played on a sports team, loved his elective classes (technology and language) and made some nice friends. We love, love the neighborhood and the easy access to the Marina Library (kids can go directly after school), Moscone Rec. Center and Chestnut Street. We have had very strong teachers and there is a real focus on math. The principal "gets things done." We are looking forward to next year!

Marina Middle School 3

Posted April 06, 2014
My daughter attends 6th grade at this school. she's doing well in her academics earning in high honors and principal. Since's my daughter started at marina, Aug 2013, there has been fights at this school. Some of the students don't obey and the teachers are not as strict. Some of the teachers r nice and some don't have time to discuss about their class work or grades during class time n my daughter have to wait til after school to talk to the teachers. The teachers needs to communicate more with their students. As for friends, they need to be careful who u make friends with.

Posted April 01, 2014
Our great middle school just had over 50 graduating students accepted to Lowell High, one of the best high schools in the nation, and the best public high school in the City. That is almost 20% of our 8th graders. Go Penguins! Great job!

Posted December 18, 2013
If you are looking for a school with a caring group of teachers, strong Honors (GATE) program and a fun group of electives...Marina is your place. My child has made nice friends and we have been happy with the (sometimes challenging) transition to Middle School and the support we have received as a family. Thank Marina. Go Penguins!

Posted October 27, 2013
6th Grade has been great so far! Marina has lots of caring teachers and staff who are focused on getting our kids up and running in the 6th grade -- and preparing them for high school. Changing classes, lockers, homework, new friends, afterschool are all exciting new experiences and the school has been supportive of our child's transition. Excited about our next few years at Marina.

Posted May 16, 2013
The school has improved over the years, most of all the last 3 years my son attended. The students that applied to Lowell and other high ranking school has been admitted and their grades in ACT and SAT are high. The students seem to get along with each other.

Posted April 14, 2012
Seems as if most of this reviews were written by Marina students, which is fine by me. It would be better, however, if they knew how to spell. They should teach typing in Middle school prior to teaching computer classes. The quality of education has depreciated since I attended.

Marina Middle School 3

Posted August 05, 2011
Hay whoever child or student who will be coming here. I will give you some info :D I will be ordering from greatest to least P.e 1.Mr, Doyle 2. Mr.Covey 3. Mr.Canellos 4.Mrs.Hard History teachers I recommen : Mr. Baker 6th or7th grade and Mr. Knock 8Th grade Science: Mr.Tom 8th grade and Mr. Ehnle7th grade " DO NOT GET Ms. Ma" Math. Mrs.Wong 6th grade, Mr. Ehnle 7th grade, Mr.tom 8th grade English Mr.lamborn 8th grade Music; MR. TONG BAND " trumpets,drums,flutes,clarinets,bells,trumbone,Sax. AND He teaches Piano Mr. Ostwald =-= Orkestra NOOO Don't even think about it. Mostly, Violins, and other string instruments. Lunch is expensive, Yard is huge, ALOT OF BIRDS. Make the right friends. I wish you luck 6th graders

Marina Middle School 2

Posted June 05, 2011
My child's teachers were accessible and helpful. However, hardly a week passed without having substitute teachers in one or more of my child's classes, with seemingly little instruction accomplished. One of the students said the teacher remarked near the end of the school year that she had two more absenses to use before the year was over. I have moved my child to a different middle school for next year where I've been assured by staff and parents that substitute teachers are seldom used, and where there appears to be a lot more emphasis placed on diversity and acceptance.

Marina Middle School
3500 Fillmore Street, San Francisco, CA  94123
Last modified Marina Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marina Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 47 reviews.