Posted September 21, 2013
We personally love this school. For my kids it is their second home. They love everything that happen at McCoppin. The teachers and principal really care about education. PTO is not that strong but we have some people that are always there when there is a need. All we can say is that McCoppin is a safe and fun place to be!

Posted September 16, 2013
Hi i am a student in frank mc coppin elementry school it is a very good school they have art,phisycal education,etc. teachers teach things such as math,science,social studies,languge arts, and much more. This year there was to new teachers and i know they are good. I had been in this school scince kindergarthen to 5th. I am going to graduate this year and go off to middle school. Anyway this is a great school! I had aways loved it. All my teachers where very good. Mrs.lee, Mrs noveski, Mrs berryessa, ms dressler ,ms wong, and now i have ms.to. And again this is agreat school and i wish to stay here for ever but i can't i am now going to graduate. And go yo middle school. One more thing this school transphers the kids to rosevelt. Middle school. That is all i hope that if you like this school please rate it because again it is a GRAET SCHOOL!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

Posted October 11, 2012
My son started at McCoppin this year for Kindergarten and he loves it! We toured many schools since we knew from previously going through the lottery process with our oldest to look for the "little known gems". We chose McCoppin as one of out top picks for several reasons. The teachers and staff are very sweet, the classes were clean, organized and the students were engaged, the small size, the location, the true diversity of the general education classes (they also have cantonese classes), it feeds into Roosevelt MS which we love, and the principal. He has made it a point to try and bring all students up to current standards in their education regardless of native language and the scores have steadily gone up under his direction. He is always present seems to know everyone's name!. We know from experience that it only takes a dedicated staff, a good principal, and participation from parents to help a school grow and we are happy to be a part of that again!

Posted December 06, 2011
i went to this school for 5 years it it was amazing. the teachers were nice and smart,staffs were kind, and the principal was smart and cares a lot about us students. we also go on amazing field trips. I LOVE THIS SCHOOL. trust me .im in 8th grade

Posted October 04, 2011
My child started Kindergarten at McCoppin in 2011. Initially we were placed here by the lottery system. There didn't seem to be much information out there about McCoppin and I'll admit we had our reservations! A few months in and I am happy to say that I've been pleasantly surprised. Its a good school. My child's teacher is amazing and has such great energy and is making efforts to reach all the parents. I've found the parents to be a very supportive group helping out the teacher and getting involved. McCoppin doesn't market itself a lot which maybe isn't such a bad thing! You won't hear it on the playground 'chatter' of schools to be at. There seem to be great efforts to increase parent involvement in the PTA. That is your chance to get involved. We love the diversity of the school too. In my opinion, its a great little elementary school for your child to begin their education journey. I would recommend taking a tour and making up your own mind.

Mccoppin (Frank) Elementary School 1

Posted September 07, 2011
I am a student who was promoted from this school in 2009. This school, honestly, take this from a former student, this school was not a good place to go. The teachers were unaware and careless of the student's environment and feelings about school. The courses were too easy, no special classes for students like myself who thrive for excellence, i felt like i was held back by less acclaimed students. The principle does not do much, he walks around and acts like a hypocrit to every one of the students . Honestly, i wish my parents sent me to a different school, at the time i was unaware of my rights, so i had to go there. But honestly, it was a horrible experience, bad learning environment, not much chance for students with potential, no freedom of speach, and horrible staff. No, just, just, no. I attended this school from my kindergarden to 5th grade academic years. The worse, six years, of my life, yet, and as so, ever to be. Thank you.

Posted August 23, 2011
my daughter just get in this school.she is happy,she loves the teacher miss chui.and office people and the princepal is nice .they try to help parents.thank you so much!!olny one thing is no one tell me that i need to come to the school on 8/13 saturday.until monday 8/15 i bring my daugher go to school then i know what i need to get ready for my daughter.

Posted August 21, 2011
My daughter graduate last year. Strengths: caring, experienced and dedicated principal. Bilingual Cantonese teaching helps English learners. Many experienced and veteran teachers. Strong physical education enrichment. Great librarian. Improved PTA and better communication btwn teachers and parents. Weaknesses: underfunding [a systemwide issue], not enough parental involvement. School's strengths are not widely known.

Mccoppin (Frank) Elementary School 2

Posted July 21, 2010
Principal not welcoming, teachers not as communicative as I would like. Parents don't socialize making it hard to feel welcome in school yard, which reflects on the kids behavior. My kid was there for 4 years and was never happy, I just regret not pulling him/her out before.

Posted November 28, 2009
This school is an undiscovered gem. We have found McCoppin a very welcoming, nurturing place with high academic standards. Our child's teacher is energetic, committed, and caring, and the principal is absolutely terrific. The small size of the school is a plus, as is the location in a quiet Richmond district neighborhood. We transferred from another SFUSD school and regret not finding McCoppin sooner. Check it out!

Contact Information

651 Sixth Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94118

School website

Mccoppin (Frank) Elementary School
651 Sixth Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94118
Last modified Mccoppin (Frank) Elementary School is a public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mccoppin (Frank) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.