Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Taylor (Edward R.) Elementary School 2

Posted June 20, 2016
No privacy towards individual student's development. One particular teacher I have encountered in the past seems to have no filter in her mouth. If the child is having trouble in class; whether it be academically or behavioral, please take the parent in a private meeting. Instead of discussing it in front of other parents, Especially those who LOVE "to gossip". Another teacher my child had was firm. That's great to get some order in the class, but if my child wishes to wear her sweater on a warm day so be it. Who is she to tell her in front of the whole class to take it off because it's a hot day and she should already know that instead of the teacher pointing it out? I wish my daughter had told me this when it happened. Also as previous comments the higher the grade level these children get into the less communication there is from the teachers. When it comes down to parent teacher conferences is the only time I found out my child needed help in certain areas. Let me know ahead of time so that I can help them, instead of the, "they are fine" line when I ask. Overall, this school could be better with teacher communication adjustments, privacy, and showing children to respect one another. Well that also has to come from teachers towards the students. The principal was new this year, so don't know much about her since she was pretty distant.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted May 18, 2016
As I said, I had the best communication with the teachers when my children were in the lower grades K-2, after that, it seems as if they don't want to be bothered by you. This year it's been worse with the Special Ed teacher not even wanting to meet with me and asking me to just sign paperwork and return it instead of having a meeting. Of course I REFUSED to sign any paperwork without having a meeting to discuss my daughter.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted May 18, 2016
Most of the homework is doable and appropriate review skills for my child. It is unfair to expect children to do work that hasn't been taught

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted May 18, 2016
Some of the teachers seem to care, it seems the lower grade beginning teachers seem to make better connections with the kids, but then again in 4th and 5th grade they are stuck with so many kids, it makes it difficult to focus so much time on 30+ students.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted May 18, 2016
If that were the case, why would my daughter who is Latina have problems with students from the Spanish Bilingual classes.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 18, 2016
To all of the younger teachers of my students, some are still there and others are gone now. It really makes it important when children have a strong foundation in the lower grades when school starts.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted May 18, 2016
This school is totally segregated into 3 groups, bilingual groups and the general classroom. My daughter is in the general ed classroom, but needs special services for her learning. The Special Ed teacher for the past 2-3 years has NOT been spending as much time to help my daughter as she should. As a result my daughter is teased by not only other kids in her regular class, but kids in the bilingual class since she doesn't speak Spanish.

Taylor (Edward R.) Elementary School 1

Posted May 18, 2016
This school has not been the same since the former principal retired a few years ago. Things aren't very organized and parents always hear things last minute. I have 2 children who graduated from there, and one at the school now, and I can see the difference. Luckily my daughter will be graduating. The Special Ed teachers do not seem to be servicing the students as needed. They like to send an another adult aide to help with my child. This new principal Dr. Barbara Berman has absolutely no connection to students, teachers nor parents. She is very stand offish and doesn't seem to know much about students learning and academics. I am so happy my daughter is graduating this year. Please bring back Mrs. Dold!!!!!

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted May 18, 2016
There are different expectations from each teacher some teachers spend more time to nurture and teach students how to do conflict resolution, while others don't seem to care at all.

Taylor (Edward R.) Elementary School 5

Posted October 12, 2013
I loved this school! I graduated in 2011 and Ms.Dold was a great principal. Everyone there supported me and although our school did not have much of a budget, the teachers and principals somehow made it work. It was the best 6 years I could ask for.

423 Burrows Street, San Francisco, CA  94134-1449
Last modified Taylor (Edward R.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.