Posted December 11, 2013
I feel so blessed to have my child at HNS! The academics are top notch and they have really worked hard to make the school current with a brand new science room, computer room and library. The students are more than ready for high school, and they are good, kind kids! The community of parents are a wonderful support and the Principal is amazing.

Holy Name Elementary School 3

Posted December 10, 2013
Typical private school with all the politics that you expect. There is a lot of favoritism between staff parents and if you aren't in the circle than you will not enjoy your time there. I struggle using the word program for the sports program because a program means there is structure and a way of doing things that is cheap and very lazy. If your kids love sports this is NOT the place for you. I gave it 3 stars because my kid likes it there because of the friends he/she has. Okay if you dont get approved for anywhere else. Parents are the ones left to organize and run everything with resistance at every turn when requests are made. The teachers excuse for not being good is to say your kid might need extra help or tutoring that they conveniently have for more $$ of course.

Posted November 05, 2013
Holy Name School-SF. My daughter has been attending Holy Name since Kindergarten and is now in 7th grade. The faculty and principal are excellent, and the kids are great! What I love and appreciate most is the parents and community involvement. I feel safe when I drop my daughter off at school and know that she is getting the best education. That's what we work so hard for...is for our kids to get the best education to help them achieve all their goals in life! I give this school 5 stars!

Posted September 24, 2013
A hidden gem in the Sunset: this school thoughtfully and consistently prepares its students to be strong readers, writers, and thinkers. My two sons will graduate this year after 6 years at the school and parish. It's friendly and easy to join- a great combination of locals and newcomers. I teach at a local Catholic high school and have had the opportunity (and pleasure) to teach over 10 of HN's alum in 10th and 11th grade. These students can write and read well! HN students are competitive applicants at SI, SHC, Mercy, Riordan and any independent school in the City.

Posted September 24, 2013
This school offers not only a great education for the children, but is also offers a great sense of community with such wonderful parent, teacher, church, and student involvement. I also love the fact that the student body population is very diverse and very reflective of the diverse nature of San Francisco. Not all private schools can say the same. I would never send my child to any other school. Love Holy Name!!!

Posted September 19, 2013
A lovely, engaged community with well-balanced primary educational program offering students art, music, sports, extracurricular activities, and service opportunities allowing students to exercise and discover all aspects of their developing personhood.

Posted August 29, 2013
Holy Name School is a hidden gem in the outer Sunset. My daughter has been here for 7 years, and she has grown educationally and had opportunities to participate in school sports where she probably won't not have at a larger school. The after school programs are extensive, and the principal and staff are easily accessible.

Posted August 29, 2013
Holy Name is a warm wonderful school that keeps academics in the minds and hearts of the children as well as a wonderfully warm sense of community.

Posted August 22, 2013
I love this school!!! My son will start his 7th year at Holy Name soon, and I am thrilled with his education and development. Some schools have a few great teachers, a few great kids to form friendships with, and a few solid skills to learn. But here every teacher is completely dedicated, the Principal is amazing, and the spirit of community has always been special. I am so thankful for this school.

Holy Name Elementary School 1

Posted April 08, 2013
My son went here for 1 year, and that was enough. The teachers can't do anything about the kids. But the fault really lies with the parents. A lot of the students seem to have no discipline and the students act like they are entitled to everything just because they go to/can afford a private school. Some students bully others about things like how much money their family makes. The education at this school is mediocre too. I moved my son to A.P. Giannini for the 8th grade. In my sons algebra class, they're learning about completing the square, quadratics, graphing the equations, vertexes, etc. Some adults don't even know them. At Holy Name, some of the 7th graders didn't know multiplication yet. You learn that in the 3rd grade in public schools. At SH teachers can't teach because the students don't know the basics. Students here are bullies. They even bully kids from other schools. SH students go to Ortega library, which is next to APG. The SH students are always staring at APG students, giving dirty looks and whispering loudly to their friends, probably insults. I have seen this myself. Overall, the children are mean and don't do well in school. Choose a public school instead.

Holy Name Elementary School
1560 40th Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94122
Last modified Holy Name Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Holy Name Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.