Posted September 03, 2014
I love this school beyond comprehension. It is my home, my source of pride, and my greatest motivator.

Archbishop Riordan High School 1

Posted May 27, 2014
Low academic performance, irresponsible, unskilled faculties, disorganized school management. The enrollment has been declining for almost 10 years. School has kept too many 10+ yrs folks that obviously ruined the 10 years of academic performance. Large number of graduates could not get into any schools .... SURPRISE!

Archbishop Riordan High School 3

Posted October 29, 2011
Overall great parent support. The young men are responsible and very respectful. The Dean takes his job too seriously and harasses students for minor infractions (such as a little stuble on their chin). Great academics and teacher support. Very rigorous schedule!

Posted December 30, 2010
I am an Alumni. Archbishop Riordan High School was not only a Great School for me as student but being an alumni of this great community, continues to be a great force in my life today!

Posted December 11, 2010
Both my son and husband went to Archbishop Riordan High School. ARHS is excellent in every aspect. They care about every aspect of your son. The teachers go way beyond what is necessary if your son has a problem. They will go to other teachers if your son isn't succeeding in their class. The principal is very involved with the boys. Every boy who goes here is a special person to each and every teacher. The boys act the same whether they are in public or in the school. They are very courteous and responsible.

Archbishop Riordan High School 4

Posted December 09, 2010
Who knows the email address of the school? I have a stuent want to apply this school, but don't konw the application conditions. Thank you!

Archbishop Riordan High School 0

Posted February 05, 2010
Riordan is an awesome school for boys because it treats boys as whole persons and is tuned into the ways boys develop academically and in all other ways. The result is fine young men who do well after Riordan. I cannot speak highly enough of the excellent academic education at this school and also the 'heart' that accepts the boys and helps them become gentlemen in the true sense of the word -- putting others first. Our son has been accepted at a number of top schools as a senior at Riordan and we plan to send the rest of our boys to this topnotch school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 17, 2010
I'll be honest, the first month of Riordan I hated it. Now I really can't say any more great things about it. Riordan offers grade academics for both those who are struggling and those who want to excel. The teachers really want to see their students succeed and make themselves available after school and during lunch. But it's not just the academics, its the sense of brotherhood. The boys who go there are your friends for life and will always be there for you. Riordan is just a great school. Not that SI and SH are bad but from the way I look at it Riordan prepares their students better morally for the future ahead. This is because the student body is very diverse, you get boys from all different backgrounds. This way everybody respects all different people: rich or poor. Send your boy here and you'll get what I mean.

Archbishop Riordan High School 0

Posted January 16, 2010
We have two sons attending Riordan High School. We made our selection of Riordan after visiting the other regional Catholic High Schools all fine institutions. We were impressed with Riordan s preparedness in educating our sons and this was the school they chose to attend! They participate in AP classes, multiple athletic WCAL teams and band. We were hesitant about the all male enrollment but the academic, social and athletic maturity growth afforded by the lack of distractions is measurable. There are dances and co-ed school activities with Mercy SF. Academics is the core focus but if your son is interested in a fine athletic program, strong band program, theater, media production and many clubs then you should consider Riordan as a strong school.

Posted October 14, 2009
I have a sophomore attending Riordan and the teachers and staff are top notch. They truly care about their student's success. There are high schools that we could have sent our son to that are closer to home (SHCP/Stuart Hall for Boys) but we chose the best by choosing Riordan.

Archbishop Riordan High School
175 Phelan Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94112
Last modified Archbishop Riordan High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Archbishop Riordan High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews.