Downtown College Preparatory School 2

Posted August 07, 2014
Truthfully, this school lacks "college prep". Yes, they strive to get you into college, but they're not feeding you the details on how to be a student. Most of the students here are immature. You can not learn in a loud and rude environment. I am a student here, regretting the fact that I chose to attend this school. I wish the parents can just visit the students on a school day out of surprise, because they'll be able to see how distracted, rude, and careless the kids are, not just their child. Another thing, we are only passing our classes because the teachers basically feeds us the answers to our finals, allows cheat sheets to be used in the exams, and if the student still have a bad grade, the teacher will tweak the grade by adding extra points that aren't relevant to grades. This does not help the students, it gives us the power to not care and step on our teachers.

Posted November 20, 2013
I LOVE DCP! I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET MY DAUGHTER ENROLLED IN THIS SCHOOL AFTER GETTING HER OUT OF SANTA CLARA HIGH SCHOOL! IT WAS THE BEST THING THAT I HAVE EVER DONE AS A PARENT. MY DAUGHTER WENT FROM BEING A PROBLEM CHILD WITH ALL F'S TO A 3.0 GRADE POINT AVERAGE STUDENT, WHOM IS INVOLVED IN LEADERSHIP AND SPORTS NOW. KUDOS TO YOU DCP!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! IF SHE WERE STILL AT SANTA CLARA HIGH SHE WOULD NEVER BE WHERE SHE IS TODAY! THANK YOU DCP FOR YOUR DEDICATING AND SUPORRTIVE STAFF! THE STAFF REALLY CARES AT THIS SCHOOL AND IT SHOWS!

Downtown College Preparatory School 4

Posted May 27, 2013
My son is finishing his freshman year at DCP. The leadership is very strong, there was a principal change so ignore comment below! I have found the staff to be fully supportive of all kids and families. Lack of ethnic diversity is the only aspect that could be improved.

Downtown College Preparatory School 1

Posted April 28, 2012
This is a great school,great students and staff,my only doubt is the principal.I was going to enroll my daughter in the school but the principal didn't attend our appointment.So i went to the school the next day and scheduled another appointment which he also did not attend.He also stated that he had FORGOTEN about my appointment.So my daughter is going to another school now.I really wish he would give my daughter a chance.

Posted February 02, 2010
Downtown College Prep has been a life saver for my family. DCP transformed our daughter from a lost and misguided student into a college ready positive member of society and a successful college student. College readiness is not a news letter sent home in the second semester of their senior year. It is an ongoing project that includes the students, teachers, guidance counselors and me as a parent. My daughter is currently thriving in college, my younger son is in his second year (sophomore) at DCP, my niece is in her third year (senior) and my youngest is in his second year as a 7th grader at DCP s newest campus in Alviso. With tears I tell my story to any parent who wants to know if this school is right for their child.

Posted October 09, 2009
I am a student from the class of 07 and currently in college thanks to this school.

Posted May 01, 2008
I am a student at DCP and the teachers that this school has are the most helpful and caring that i have ever had and seen. The class size is small and all of the teachers are willing to give extra help, even before and after school. It is not only a school, but it is also a strong community

Downtown College Preparatory School 4

Posted April 29, 2008
I am a parent of 2 DCP students. It's a great school, I recommend it.

Posted January 13, 2008
I'm a curent student at DCP. I really enjoy the sense of community at this shcool. Since this school is small you really get to know your teachers and they really look out for you. Some people might say that this school is not challenging enough but there wrong. Freshmen year is the easiest year but thats because the school is trying to get everyone at the same accadenic level. Also many people complain about the exta curiculam classes but if theres not a class or club you want to take the administration encourage you to find more people interested to start the club. I believe that every person on the staff and eventually all the students believe and encourage the dream of sending each student to a 4 year university.

Posted October 30, 2007
- a former student

Downtown College Preparatory School
1460 The Alameda, San Jose, CA  95126
Last modified Downtown College Preparatory School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Downtown College Preparatory School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top