9-12|Private
1,710 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted May 07, 2016
Archbishop Mitty High School has something for everyone in all subjects, whether it be sports, academics, or the arts, and the school just really allows for growth together as a community and as individuals.

Archbishop Mitty High School 1

Posted April 11, 2016
Unfortunately the quality of teachers for most subjects is very poor. The counselors are just not helpful and I see that public school counselors are doing much better handling many more kids. Though the school claims to prepare students for college, i do not see any indication so far! I'm very disappointed and strongly encourage parents to stay away from this school. It is a complete waste of money.

Archbishop Mitty High School 2

Posted September 28, 2015
As a former student at Mitty High School, I was deeply disappointed with my experience. If I had to do it over again, I would have chosen another school. Furthermore, for the price I would never send my child there. The administration is solely focused on athletics and those athletes that can bring them titles. If you are not a stellar athlete, it is difficult to find your niche. Mitty does not foster an environment where students explore extracurricular activities such as dance, theater or student government. Students are expected to be GREAT by the time they enter the school freshman year or expect to get lost in the shuffle. There is little room for growth of ones talents or to even find what a student may be good at. I was deeply disappointed in my experience. Fortunately for me I was able to find my niche in college, student government, which has led to a very rewarding career in politics twelve years later. There is also much focus on money and whose rich parents donate to the school to get their name on a building. As a Catholic institution, I expected more emphasis on faith based initiatives. I did have some rewarding experiences and met some amazing people; however, if I could do it again - Presentation High School would've been my choice.

Posted September 12, 2015
I cannot say enough good things about Archbishop Mitty. Mitty allows for kids to be well rounded (which most colleges are looking for). They have phenomenal leadership opportunities, theater program, mock trial team, sports programs, and just about every club you can imagine. The teachers are wonderful and the kids are well prepared for college. While academics are important, Mitty goes above and beyond to make sure that there is more to your kids high school experience. The social and business skills that are taught at this school are assets and will be used for the rest of a graduates life. I highly recommend Archbishop Mitty!

Posted March 25, 2015
I'm so happy with Mitty that it provides almost all necessary that my son needs. Academically, it has excellent teachers from English literature to social studies, with regular class or honor class, so both normal students and talented students are happy. Starting from 10th grade, it provides many AP classes with great teachers and enough spaces. Some AP courses and honor classes are very challenging, so students need to be prepared. Fortunately, their counselors are always available in time for recommendations. Mitty also provides a lot of great clubs. My son is very happy to be in two clubs. At Mitty, students are encouraged to manage their time wisely and recommended sleeping early to reduce pressure. Mitty students are very excited about their sports teams. Every day, I saw my child is so happy with great progress from academic, to social communication, to sports, to spirits, I told myself that my son and I made a right decision to choose this school, to have my son continue delivering excellences.

Archbishop Mitty High School 3

Posted July 17, 2014
Like many Catholic learning institutions, Mitty has fallen prey to apathy and a lackluster effort to develop faith formation programs and growth opportunities for the students. With one notable exception, the religion faculty is less than inspiring. The campus ministry program holds little priority on a campus where sports teams and athletic competition drive the culture of student life. Many of the enrichment opportunities at the school are available by lottery only, thereby offering some students multiple opportunities and other students none. The administration is too worried about stepping on toes to step up and address some of these participation limitations for students. I won't send another child to this school.

Archbishop Mitty High School 2

Posted June 23, 2014
As a parent of the student, I'll hit the key points. 1. Administration can be inflexible. Especially to high achieving students (in terms of allowing external courses or attending events not sponsored by the school). They like students sticking to Mitty offering and not branch out. 2. Teaching quality can vary greatly from great to downright poor. Variation between the teaching quality and grading standards from one class (and hence, a teacher) to the next (all at the same level of course, APs or honors) can be shockingly high; Students frequently discuss how it's unquestionably harder to score higher grades with some teachers than others. 3. A positive surprise (in today's world). The values of the student pool is very good (generally speaking). And this is not a trivial one. 4. Too many free slots and little guidence from school on effective usage. 5. If your child's focus is academics, there are likely better private schools out there. If you're into sports, go for it! 6. Library is a joke. 7. Counselors have little time to spare (I thought this was a private school) In summary, you won't regret it. But will certainly question if 16k+ a year could have been better spent.

Posted April 22, 2014
My son is a student at Mitty. He is not a sport kid and still loves the school. Mitty is so much more than its excellent athletics. It has amazing academics and an award winning theater program. The music department has incredible dedicated teachers with opportunities to perform and compete. My son is planning on applying to top tier and ivy league schools and scored amazing on SATs because of his teachers commitment to excellence. He has received so much from this school. They have helped him develop as a person with retreats and community service. Archbishop Mitty is an amazing experience for any kid.

Archbishop Mitty High School 1

Posted September 10, 2013
Mitty's sports program has an exceptional reputation, however their programs are not any better or different than what one would find at a top tier public school or an average private school. The theater program is a bit above average, but if you're looking for a theater magnet school, Lincoln High School is a better option. Grades are grossly inflated to offset low test scores. The curriculum is far inferior to other high schools in the area, as most money and emphasis is allocated for the sports and theater programs. Most students end up at CSUs despite high GPAs due to poor test scores. If you want your child to go to a top university and do well, I would not recommend sending your child here.

Posted September 08, 2013
I am a Junior at Archbishop Mitty so my opinion is a little biased, however, I have to say that going to Mitty has been one of my best decisions. I love my classes, my teachers, and my fellow classmates. Everyone is extremely respectful, my freshman year, a senior GAVE me lunch money when I was short a dollar for lunch. Our athletics program is simply amazing and in addition our school spirit is simply unmatched. We have tremendous turnouts to all of our events and even during spirit week. I read a review that said that our new Ipad program is harmful, however, being one of the last classes that remembers what it was like before Ipads, I can say that the Ipad program had definitely improved our academic program. We don't have to lug books from class to class and we have an unmatched note taking/homework doing device anywhere we go. We are definitely not "forced" to use the ipads as books, everyone is aware that if you prefer, you may order your own hard copy book and bring it to class. Overall, I love Mitty. I would not be the same focused, driven, and confident person I am today with out Mitty.

Archbishop Mitty High School
5000 Mitty Way, San Jose, CA  95129
Last modified Archbishop Mitty High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12