K-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Stratford School 4

Posted February 23, 2016
My son was really happy in the preschool. The teachers were very friendly and caring, it helped my son adjust and feel comfortable. There were also a lot of fun learning activities that helped keep my son excited about learning and going to school.

Posted October 21, 2014
My son has been a Stratford student since Pre-K, but we recently switched to the San Jose campus for 4th grade. I couldn't be happier. His teacher is wonderful, the principal is warm and welcoming and the curriculum is top notch. The school sets high expectations, but not stressful or impossible ones. The kids are happy, active and engaged.

Stratford School 3

Posted November 26, 2013
Elementary school curriculum is strong although some of the better teachers have left. Core competencies in Math, Science, History and Grammar are solid. Spanish program is a plus although could be better teaching staff. PE Program is solid. Preschool principal isn't great.

Posted August 26, 2013
Best school ever. Teachers and curriculum were great. Friendly and caring. Would highly recommend. Good summer program

Stratford School 2

Posted June 28, 2011
My daughter attended Pre-K at the San Jose campus. Her teachers were very warm and attentive to my shy child. With their hard work she began to enjoy her teachers and school. However, the more I learned about Stratford and their some of their teachers, I decided not to allow her to continue there. Stratford has a very high turn over rate of teachers, what does that say about their school? In addition, for the tuition price I was paying I would have liked the teacher to be credentialed. Most of the teachers are not credentialed, let alone have a degree in education. If having a small class size and the "stratford" name attached to your child, I feel this school will meet your needs. But for the price I pay, I would like my child to be taught by teachers who know what they are doing and have an understanding of what standards and education is about.

Posted May 04, 2011
I love this school. My daughter attends preschool, and will continue on to pre-k, & on. Her teachers are very nice, & attentive with all of the kids. My daughter really enjoys coming to school. The price is worth the education. All of the parents and staff are very involved in all of the activities that are held for the children. You automatically feel a big sense of community and pride in this school. I would highly recommend it to anyone considering private school.

Posted January 10, 2011
My daughter goes to Stratford's Pre-K in Morgan Hill. After her first week, she was coming home singing songs and was excited to tell me all the many things she learned that day. Every month, their curriculum is geared toward a specific theme that usually ties into the holidays of that month. It is amazing to walk into the classroom and see how a 4 year old interprets Monet's Lilly Pad painting. Their phonics based program is awesome. My daughter is starting to put together words already! Parents looking to enroll students into a phonics based program should check out Stratford. What you will find in Stratford that is perhaps lacking in other private institutions is that they offer a diverse employee population and student base that is truly multicultural. I had a chance to meet the founder at the Holiday program and was delighted to learn that her grandchild, niece and nephew also attend Stratford. What you may find in other private schools mentioned on this site is that the C level execs send their children to other private schools. How can you trust a program where the leaders of the school are sending their children elsewhere?

Posted February 03, 2010
I have been a parent at this school since it opened in 2004. One of the most important things to me is that my concerns are heard and dealt with quickly. I am always greeted warmly and am welcomed to visit at any time. Sure, there have been some growth issues and financial issues but each year seems to be an improvement over the last.

Posted October 29, 2009
My daughter is attending half day morning preschool. She is extremely happy and making great progress., Her teachers Ms. Kelley and Ms. Sara are really good.

Posted June 11, 2009
Like this school and campus. Child(pre-school) stay here around 3 months so far, significent difference compared with other school, like Kinder Care.

Stratford School