San Jose, CA

Posted February 08, 2012
I currently have two children (3rd and 2nd grade) enrolled at Cureton Elem. They have been there since K. I was going to pull my kids out after the first year but I must say the school has been making significant progress both in academics and teacher/parent involvement. The principal and teachers care for the students. There are plenty of field trips to teach the kids science, nature and community service. Homework is not crazy but steady. Parent involvement is critical if you want your children to succeed. Go to the school yourself to see the facility and meet the teachers instead reading old reviews. One suggestion I have for Cureton is to encourage more involvement from parent by providing more opportunities for them to meet the staff.

Posted February 13, 2009
I have two children enrolled in this school. I agree that it does need alot of work and some changes in curriculum. The teachers are wonderful and are trying their best in a district where 85% of the children are non english speaking. Maybe they should reflect that on their test scores. I also know about the kids hurring to eat their lunches and disapprove. What is it going to take for them to realize that our childrens futures are on the line and some parents are not going to sit back and watch itbe destroyed. I hope that changes will be coming soon.

Horace Cureton Elementary School 1

Posted January 30, 2009

Horace Cureton Elementary School 5

Posted November 02, 2008

Horace Cureton Elementary School 5

Posted January 21, 2008

Horace Cureton Elementary School 3

Posted September 12, 2006
I have no doubt that Cureton is a great school with a great teaching staff. My nephew mention to me that he and other kids do not have enough time to eat their lunch on a regular bases. They are being rush to eat fast in a short amount of time.

Horace Cureton Elementary School 3

Posted September 05, 2006
I believe that introducing 'School Loop' will help increase parent involvement. We as parents ask much of the teachers when our kids are in school, as parents need to take responsibility when our kids are not in school.

Posted April 13, 2006
- a former student
While not the richest school, it has wonderful teachers, who sacrafice precious time and money to bring good education to your children. They often have plays to improve your childs speach skills, and conquer the fear of public speaking. As I have said before, it isn't the richest. The bathrooms could use a touch-up, and there's grafitti galore, but still, it's a wonderful school.

Posted October 28, 2005

Horace Cureton Elementary School 2

Posted August 23, 2005
I have two children at Cureton, and I have been very frustrated by the lack of organization. There is now no PTA to speak of, and it's difficult for a working parent to get involved due to the confusion and vague planning that seems to hamper every school-sponsored event. The front office is often unable to answer basic questions about the school's own calendar, and vital information (dates, details, etc.) is frequently communicated to parents late, if at all. In contrast, the teachers I have met at Cureton are resourceful, caring and dedicated, and I have nothing but respect and appreciation for the work they do with the kids. I wish they had more support, both from the school and from parents- Cureton could accomplish great things if everyone involved would work together.

Horace Cureton Elementary School
3720 East Hills Drive, San Jose, CA  95127
Last modified Horace Cureton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horace Cureton Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top