San Jose, CA
Students enrolled: 1,100

Sierramont Middle School 1

Posted April 30, 2015
I would not recommend this school if your child is on the autism spectrum. My son has spent the last 3 years at Sierramont and has been continuously told to be an advocate for himself. Regardless of his autism or his IEP he's been thrown into a box. There is a large disconnect on what the staff is educated on when it comes to children suffering with special needs. My son is high-functioning and has been bullied, misunderstood, and hasn't had consistent advocates. I will not say that there aren't a small few that have been there for my child and I applaud there efforts, but the politics have outweighed the support my child has needed. I feel that it is my obligation to save other parents from experiencing the battle that I have the last three years. I am the only voice my child has and it has been unheard with the upper staff at Sierramont. To have your child be misunderstood for being different, is explicable, and only made worse when they come home physically hurt and told to be an advocate for themself when they clearly can't speak for there self. This has been my experience at Sierramont.

Sierramont Middle School 3

Posted June 03, 2014
I had to teach myself Algebra in 7th grade and Geometry in 8th grade. My 7th grade math teacher gave mean nicknames to some students on the first day I became a part of her class. There was an 8th grade science teacher notorious for lack in discipline and not teaching the students well. Their English department is excellent though, not a single bad teacher. -Sierramont Alumni

Sierramont Middle School 4

Posted February 03, 2014
The boys here sometimes act like they don't have brains, the teachers are nice and smart, and I give it four stars! ~Sixth grader

Posted October 30, 2013
Sierramont is a great school!! My daughter is a 6th grader this year and she has blossomed so much while attending Sierramont. The teachers are great, the principal is awesome and my daughter is learning and thriving at this school.

Posted February 27, 2011
Sierramont is a great school with a very helpful staff. I had two children go through this school and i have had nothing ut good experiences. The staff is new but has learned quick what our children needs. the teacher are dedicated to our kids. thank you staff for all you do. Great bunch of parents too!!

Posted October 25, 2010
Sierramont is a very good school and like any other that strives for excellence, this school never stops trying...The Music Dept is a fave but the Math, Scence and English Depts are loaded with highly qualified and devoted teachers who try to bring out the best in their students...It is probably not the teachers but the students themselves that make this school, A CALIFORNIA DISTINGUISHED SCHOOL. If you think this school sucks you should go try other schools and compare.

Sierramont Middle School 4

Posted March 19, 2010
Sierramont is a great school, but there are so many gang-related activities and some are the teachers aren't good at teaching.

Posted November 14, 2009
It is a great school, and nothing more needs to be said.

Posted November 03, 2009
Well.... Sierramont rocks! Everyone is awesome. Great school, students, and teachers

Posted November 03, 2009
It's fun and the teachers are really nice. It's going to be sad when i have to leave for high school D:

Sierramont Middle School
3155 Kimlee Drive, San Jose, CA  95132
(408) 923-1955
Last modified Sierramont Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sierramont Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top