Posted April 04, 2014
My 2 kids goes to Lynhaven since kindergarten. They love their teachers and school! They make friends and look forward to go to school everyday. The school itself is clean and has a huge playground and play structures. They also have a school play for 3rd -5th graders. Mrs. Carol Romo is doing an amazing job in training / coaching the kids to act, sing and dance. Overall, Lynhaven is one of the best public school in San Jose. My third child will be joining his big sisters this August.

Lynhaven Elementary School 1

Posted January 20, 2012
My child (1st grader) has been assalted 3 times in one school year. Twice by the same student. There seems to be a lack of adult supervision on the playgrounds and lack of urgency to fix any of these issues. We are told they are following District guidelines, but this is just TOO much.

Posted June 24, 2011
This school is amazing! We have had such amazing teachers here the past 2 years! Our boys are learning so much and creating great friendships! Just wish there was more "afterschool activities" that the younger kids could do.

Lynhaven Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2011
We are new to this school this year. Originally, we felt we were settling as we couldn't find a way to get our kids into a school with a higher rating and could no longer afford private school. Within just the first few weeks, we were extremely impressed. The teachers we have encountered are OUTSTANDING! I can't imagine better teachers. The principal seems a bit aloof and not very visible with the parents, but the quality of her staff would indicate she is doing a great job. The Vice Principal seems very involved and is outside every morning greeting students and parents. Parent involvement could be better, but the ones who are do a fantastic job organizing events. I know several families who live within this school's boundary and send their kids to private school. They are wasting a ton of money and should really give Lynhaven a try. I can tell you for certain that our kids are getting a much better education at Lynhaven than they were in private school.

Lynhaven Elementary School 4

Posted October 27, 2010
Our kids are attending Lynhaven now (after being in private school) and we are very impressed with the teachers and the leadership. The school is clean and well organized. I am surprised the school doesn't have a higher rating on this site.

Lynhaven Elementary School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Both of my sons went to Lynhaven and got a very good education. Most of the teachers were caring and creative. My sons have life-long friends from Lynhaven.

Lynhaven Elementary School 3

Posted August 15, 2009

Lynhaven Elementary School 0

Posted July 18, 2009
my daughter is starting her 2nd year at lynhaven ... we love the teacher and the office staff is great her reading skills have really improved as well as her math. We loved her teacher and look forward to another year..

Posted October 12, 2006

Lynhaven Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
I have to start by saying my kids did very well at Lynhaven. However, it seems a large majority of the student population is performing at or below the average level required by the state. In my opinion this is the not the best choice for high achieving students as the majority of the resources are needed to work with under performing students.

Lynhaven Elementary School
881 South Cypress Avenue, San Jose, CA  95117
Last modified Lynhaven Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lynhaven Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top