583 students|Campbell Union

Bad
Good

Posted November 23, 2014
Iam greatful my kids goes to one of the culturally diverse school like Lynhaven. They get to interact with other kids coming from different socio economic backgrounds. Learned to adjust and cope with the challenges in their daily living. I strongly believe their personalities will shape them to become emotionally intelligent person in the future. Lynhaven is a safe school and the parents are involved with school activities. I'm glad I made the right choice to start my kids here.

Lynhaven Elementary School 1

Posted January 20, 2012
My child (1st grader) has been assalted 3 times in one school year. Twice by the same student. There seems to be a lack of adult supervision on the playgrounds and lack of urgency to fix any of these issues. We are told they are following District guidelines, but this is just TOO much.

Lynhaven Elementary School 5

Posted June 24, 2011
This school is amazing! We have had such amazing teachers here the past 2 years! Our boys are learning so much and creating great friendships! Just wish there was more "afterschool activities" that the younger kids could do.

Posted April 20, 2011
We are new to this school this year. Originally, we felt we were settling as we couldn't find a way to get our kids into a school with a higher rating and could no longer afford private school. Within just the first few weeks, we were extremely impressed. The teachers we have encountered are OUTSTANDING! I can't imagine better teachers. The principal seems a bit aloof and not very visible with the parents, but the quality of her staff would indicate she is doing a great job. The Vice Principal seems very involved and is outside every morning greeting students and parents. Parent involvement could be better, but the ones who are do a fantastic job organizing events. I know several families who live within this school's boundary and send their kids to private school. They are wasting a ton of money and should really give Lynhaven a try. I can tell you for certain that our kids are getting a much better education at Lynhaven than they were in private school.

Posted October 27, 2010
Our kids are attending Lynhaven now (after being in private school) and we are very impressed with the teachers and the leadership. The school is clean and well organized. I am surprised the school doesn't have a higher rating on this site.

Posted October 03, 2009
Both of my sons went to Lynhaven and got a very good education. Most of the teachers were caring and creative. My sons have life-long friends from Lynhaven.

Posted July 18, 2009
my daughter is starting her 2nd year at lynhaven ... we love the teacher and the office staff is great her reading skills have really improved as well as her math. We loved her teacher and look forward to another year..

Lynhaven Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2006
I have to start by saying my kids did very well at Lynhaven. However, it seems a large majority of the student population is performing at or below the average level required by the state. In my opinion this is the not the best choice for high achieving students as the majority of the resources are needed to work with under performing students.

Lynhaven Elementary School 5

Posted September 19, 2006
Great school. From the principal to the teachers to the staff, very caring. One of the best PTA organizations that I have seen. They put in a lot of time and funds over and above (best guess) what they take in - every parent should be signing up with them. Field trips, activities, most for free or reduced cost. My son had some emotional issues starting out, and the district also has a wonderful counseling program. Wish we could have stayed!

Posted September 01, 2006
This is our third year at Lynhaven, and it has been a wonderful journey thus far. We are very lucky to have great teachers who truly care about our children and their education. The PTA tries very hard to involve all, and do things that make a difference for the children and our community. Our vision is to make Lynhaven a school of choice, and I believe the parents and teachers can accomplish our goal with good old fashion team work.

881 South Cypress Avenue, San Jose, CA  95117-2508
Last modified Lynhaven Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lynhaven Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top