Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

UNBELIEVABLY THE DISGUSTING EXCUSE FOR COUNSELORS LITERALLY EXPLAINED IN DETAIL TO MY SIXTEEN YR OLD HOW TO DROP OUT WHEN HE APPROCHED THEM DURING CLASS HOURS HOW HE LOST INTEREST IN SCHOOL AND AFTER HAD HIM CALL ME URGENTLY TELLING ME TO COME DOWN IMMEDIATELY TO SIGN A FORM I QUESTIONED THE COUNSELER ISNT IT STATE LAW ALL 6/18 YR OLD HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL? HE SAID NOBODYS CHECK TO SEE IF HE MOVED OUT THE AREA THATS YOUR BUSINESS??? BULLS$$%T!! NEVER GAVE HIM ALTERNATIVES NEVER TRIED TO FIND OUT WHY?

The teachers I don't have a problem with, but the COUNSELORS make you wonder how they even got the job. They are utterly sh*t. When it comes to students wanting to changes to their schedules, the counselors NEED the parents to tell them how to do their job.

I went to this school. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT! The consulars are horrible even the teachets said so. And the math teacher is as bad as the advisors are!

I have a Junior, who started as a Freshman, at this school on an interdistrict transfer and I have been completely satisfied. There have been no issues that are unique to this school that I don't hear from other parents at other ESUHSD schools. This year I entered my Freshman and am not regretting it for a moment. People look at me strange that I moved my children out of a supposed "good" school. My children have made wonderful friends and the teaching staff is completely competent. This school has made and is still feeling their way through a major turnaround. Cudos!

My daughter is in her freshman year there and she loves everything about it. Her teachers love her too. She's happy, they're happy, she has straight A's so i'm happy. I think parents are becoming too lazy and relying to heavily on schools to raise their kids. Good habits start at home.

Dis is a gr8 skool i thinnnkk evrry1 should come her cuz i do and its awesoom

I am thinking about coming to Andrew Hill instead of Oak Grove because I have heard great things about the IB program and their Medical Magnet. However, when I call the office they never pick up, and they don't post anything about their classes online so contacting them is difficult. It makes it seem like the staff aren't very proactive as I have also heard before. I'll just have to find out. :) Very excited though..

this school by far the worst school i been to no offense but the staff are not the very helpful my son had to wait 2 period long just for violating the school dress code on the first day of school i understand if you make him wait like a week after school started but on the first day ? that just wrong i never been to a school that doesn't let the student go on the first day. Further more this school should change their school dress code is too strict and worry more about the student who problem not gonna pass high school if you continue to let them do what ever they please, also there is no security at all my son told me there only one police man, that is just not enough at least have more security maybe it would be a better place.

As a current student, I say that the best that Andrew Hill offers are the amazing teachers who want to see all of their students succeed. I have yet to have a teacher who simply doesn't do anything, although I've heard of a few who do. I would say that the problem lies within the administration of the school. This year has brought some changes to the administration, but there is still a lack of promotion to succeed and do more that what is asked of the students. You will rarely ever see the head principle around talking to an audience or even to a performing group at a school event, if they were to show up at all. The only times I have heard her speak in front of an audience were at graduations, or if there were "important" guest speakers visiting. Other than that, the best of Andrew Hill are the teachers who devote incredible amounts of time and effort to the students, which includes the whole lot. Also, there are the handful (compared to the whole school) of students in programs such as IB and Medical Magnet who truly excel and strive for more. Not to say that the rest of the school doesn't at all, but they don't have much motivation, for which I blame the admin.

This school is known for unsatisfied with school system, is so terrible. Or maybe it the staff, always blaming on the system. The stuff always seem to be very unclear and unaware about student record, they give you the run around. This is an disappointment to see our children has to go through this! Andrew staff lacks of understanding how to work the system, they have no knowledge of communication with parents and other staff at other school. Andrew staff has poor knowledge of how to plan, how to prepare student for back to school. I strongly believe it not the system. They kept blaming it the system. They've been using this line for over 20 yrs. It works cause parent has no choice. This school is a concern for me... if this is the behavior of the staff member, so lack of polish and gentleness, limited to lacking in social and indifference to the needs of others. Can't even think of what kinda of education the children is getting. I would hate to see them teaching our kids to be, lazy, carefree, un-prepared, just find something to blame on.. this would stuck!!!

Last modified Andrew P. Hill High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.