Chaboya Middle School 3

Posted October 25, 2014
1/- This new Common Core Math assigns an 8th grader to repeat the same pre-algebra with a little bit of the new "common core" material. They do have a higher Geometry course but the students have to pass an Algebra I test with high score. they need to have is an Algebra I 2/- If you put your name in the wrong place of your homework which account for 25% of your final grade[*] ) you will get 60% point or a D note:[*] usually Final Grade = 25%homework+25%participation+25%test+25%project 3/- The reason I gave the school a 3 stars is because of the high score of excellence students(5) and the admin(0).... (0+5)/2 = 2.5 rounded to 3. 4/- "it is like no child left behind and no child left ahead". Everyone has to do the same basic stuff until the last person gets it. And in a group , it is the duty of the other group members to teach everyone until all get the concept, other wise they will loose points. If that the group got an F which account for 25%, my kid still got a C overall score (100% in everywhere which is very tough in this school-therefore D is more likely).

Chaboya Middle School 4

Posted June 04, 2014
Beautiful school set up and a Great school!! home work and projects makes kids understand their subject better. My son is having a very good time here.

Chaboya Middle School 3

Posted January 25, 2014
Staff here is incredibly rude! I got in trouble today for wearing short top over long tank top and they yelled at me to go and change into my PE clothes. They should have politely asked me to go and change! Overall, I can't wait to be an 8th grader next year.

Chaboya Middle School 1

Posted March 14, 2013
My daughter transfered to LeyVa from Chaboya because both of us did not like it there. It is a good school and all, but the teachers give too much work and my daughter always missed soccer practice due to too much homework. She almost got kicked off her team. So she is at LeyVa now and she loves it there. So happy we transfered.

Chaboya Middle School 2

Posted March 06, 2013
Teachers don't teach well. Parents in the area are way too competitive. The staff is too rude. The 8th/7th grad basketball coach who also teaches (he basically talks on the phone the whole time and is very lazy) P.E. is incredibly rude, much like the staff. The school is very unsanitary. Students are try undisciplined. But other than that, the school is great. I used to go to this school and I would recommend going to Quimby if you want a more enjoyable life while still having good academics and better athletics.

Chaboya Middle School 4

Posted December 04, 2012
Really good school, i would give it a five except the office staff are incredibly rude, one time I went to go pick up my lunch and the said wow it's been here so long and stinkin up our office

Chaboya Middle School 2

Posted October 27, 2012
Overall Chaboya is great but short of diversification. Chaboya parents cares more about academic and teachers are so so. Maybe Quimby is better choice, whose academic is also great, and Quimby is much better at sports and maybe Math.

Chaboya Middle School 1

Posted October 27, 2012
Chaboya students are heavy burden with too many homeworks, and parents need too many time to help kids at homework. School should be encouraged to pay more attention at sports that junior students most needed in their lives.

Chaboya Middle School 5

Posted June 27, 2012
Chaboya Middle School is the best school there is! They do so many fun activity to get the kids active & working as a team like for instant Olympic day (where every home room is a country & they work together to win metals and earn a plaque for the class) or just the every week spirit activity. Even though we have our fun and game there's also education. The teacher are very nice & they are always there when you need a little extra help. They make learning fun for them and everyone else. The staff there is always helpful and fun to be around. (:

Chaboya Middle School 5

Posted April 06, 2012
I LOVE CHABOYA!!!! I am currently an 8th grader. When I came in 7th grade, I was a nervous little 6th grader but Chaboya has made we more confident. I took all of the honors classes this year and last year... 7th Grade: Honors/GATE Science and Algebra 1 8th Grade: Honors/GATE Science, Geometry, Honors English The honors classes are much more challenging. ALL of the teachers at Chaboya are wonderful...They motivate you and inspire you to do your best. HOWEVER, the office staff is a little rude. I have made plenty of friends (the kids are friendly) and I know these friendships will last for life. Half of the school is in the Honors Society so we are REALLY smart people. I am graduating this June and I don't want to leave!!! If you attend CMS, you will have the best middle school experience GUARANTEED... However, the school is full of cliques and a competition to be "cool" and "fashionable." Sometimes it can be overwhelming to try to fit in.... BUT nevertheless, you will never regret attending Chaboya!

Chaboya Middle School
3276 Cortona Drive, San Jose, CA  95135
Last modified Chaboya Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chaboya Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 63 reviews. Top