Quimby Oak Middle School 1

Posted November 19, 2013
WORST SCHOOL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have no idea what you people think quiby is like but i went to Quimby several years ago and i never want to go back. SO MANY FIGHTS!! ihave never seen that much bullying and fights in my life. they don't ever encourage you to obey the rules. HELP!

Posted July 09, 2013
I used to hesitate to put my son into Quimby Oak considering relocating to Palo Alto. After 1 year, I found I made right decision and this school is so great with significant improvement in many fields, especially at academic. Now its API 900, definitely entering top middle school at Bay area.

Posted July 09, 2013
Yes, Quimby Oak's API hit 900 for 2012. Thank students, including my son, and teachers delivered so great result! This is definitely a great school now, with strict discipline, great academic programs including math and science, traditionally great sport programs, and excellent music band.

Posted April 10, 2013
My daughter went to Quimby Oak Middle School few years ago and our younger daughter is just about to enter next year. Dear parents, decision is all yours, but I have to say: "This school gave us so much besides academics. My daughter went through leadership program, won several awards for Science Fair, played on volleyball team and managed to have straight "A's" both years. Your child never will strive without your participation. Bulling will occur if you lost connection and trust with your child. Build strong self-esteem and communication with her or him. Teach how to recognize and avoid bad influence. Make sure to continue open conversation with teachers at school and ask for their advice if you need any extra help. They work around the clock to make sure that your child will succeed at this school and have excess to all extra resources. If you are not accountable for your own child, nobody will. We had a choice of going to Chaboya Middle School but chose Quimby Oak, because we wanted for our child to succeed and not to be overwhelmed with pure academics. Result is paid well, she is striving in High School."

Quimby Oak Middle School 1

Posted March 20, 2013
Horrible school I went here like 5 years ago and I remembered some teachers wouldn't do anything when kids were bullied in class. Some of the teachers were push overs,and some were clueless. There were a lot of fights that happened in that school. I'm so happy I don't go here anymore. Never send your child here.

Quimby Oak Middle School 2

Posted March 14, 2013
My son went here, and I, as well as my son, did not like Quimby Oak. The teachers often seemed like they didn't know what they were teaching, the school isn't welcoming, and most students barely even care about school. There was also WAY to many fights. I don't recommend this school, only if you want your kid to come home and tell you they learnt nothing. My son is at George V. LeyVa now, and he seems to like it there. Quimby Oak is not a bad school, they just need to get their act together.

Posted October 24, 2012
My kids go to Carolyn Clark which feeds to Quimby Oak, so I am monitoring this school closely. The progress Quimby Oak is making just blows my mind... its API jumps from 852 to 871 (+19) in last year and then to 894 (+23) in this year. I looked into Cupertino, Mission San Jose, and Palo Alto schools, none of the schools is delivering a double digit growth consistently at such level. There must be something Quimby Oak teachers, parents, and students doing right. Keep up the good work!

Posted October 11, 2012
Quimby Oak made great progess. The new 2012 API is close 900 (increseasing 23 points to 894), which is amazing. This is a great middle school with much potential.

Quimby Oak Middle School 4

Posted May 14, 2012
It's a very good school. The teachers are all good, but like the post below me said, it could use more diversity. There aren't really many Caucasians or Mexicans/Hispanics here, most are Asian (I consider Indian as Asian). But they have decent sports, good staff, and a lot of students are very nice here. I've enjoyed my time at this school, and being an 8th grader, I will miss Quimby next year.

Quimby Oak Middle School 2

Posted February 17, 2012
I'm currently a 8th grader at this school. A lot of the teachers are very passionate about making sure us kids succeed. I've made a lot of good friends here. It's been an ok time here. The only reason why I'm giving this school two stars is mainly because of the environment and student body. A lot of fights happen here, most students don't really care about school and slack off, plus the environment isn't welcoming. Rules edge on being unreasonable. It could also use more diversity. It's disappointing and I'm sure this school can be better.

Quimby Oak Middle School
3190 Quimby Road, San Jose, CA  95148
Last modified Quimby Oak Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Quimby Oak Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 58 reviews. Top