Posted October 25, 2013
My son started Kindergarten at Country Lane this year. So far we love the school and especially his teacher. The volunteer community is very active at this school, which makes things run very smoothly in the classroom and at the school. I also like the diversity of students at this school. There is a good cultural mix. Overall we love the school.

Country Lane Elementary School 3

Posted October 19, 2013
Too much concern over funding versus delivering education. Principal is not approachable. Parent volunteers are putting in too much work. Some teachers are great, esp 3rd grade. My child is happy at school so that's a positive. However they need to challenge the child in STEM education.

Posted September 26, 2013
My daughter is in 5th grade this year. Her experience has been wonderful. Teachers are passionate and they are excellent at getting the students motivated in learning.

Posted August 22, 2013
Great diversity, motivated and encouraging teachers, a sizable parent volunteer community and excellent academic results. Couldn't ask for anything better than this! I hope the school maintains just the right balance it currently has and not lose essence like a lot of Cupertino schools have in the rat race to bump up their academic scores.

Country Lane Elementary School 1

Posted March 27, 2013
The new principal is very rude. She yelled and did not take bullying on school ground seriously.

Country Lane Elementary School 4

Posted March 02, 2013
While I like most everything at this school, it is the principal's treatment of some of the students that is the most disappointing. She does not hesitate to walk right past students and act like they are not there while others she openly enjoys. I have seen this on too many occasions. We teach our children to treat everyone nice, yet their principal does not do this to them. She gives them every reason to believe she does not really like them, but rather seems to tolerate them. Very sad to see. Very hurtful to children who look to adults in authority for acceptance.

Posted August 26, 2012
One son just graduated from here and we have found it to be an excellent school. I'm appreciative of the support the teachers had for his nut allergy. It has good diversity among students. Kids are generally well-behaved and there are lots of involved parents. Most of the teachers, with exception of one, were quite good, caring and had high expectations.

Country Lane Elementary School 1

Posted August 08, 2012
Worst school in the Bay Area, they only care about keeping their score high so they can get funding. They DO NOT CARE about the kids learning. If your kid is not fast enough, you have to teach them at home, get a tutor or at the end of the year, the school will "request you to transfer" your kid to another school in order for them to keep their unrealistic high score. Classes are full of "stay at home moms" that like to volunteer as class moms but the worst part is that they enjoy playing "power wars" and they just do what they want or what their kids want without thinking about what is good for the whole group.Avoid this school at all cost and send your kid to a more nurturing and "real" school.

Country Lane Elementary School 4

Posted May 31, 2012
Any school can have good and bad teachers. Most teachers in the school are caring except one(4th grade teacher). She seems to be busy with her own kids who are always waiting for her after school. This is unprofessional as it's very inconvenient to ask her any question after school. She is not just unprofessional, she doesn't know how to teach some of the new algorithms in everyday math. If your kid is placed in her class next year, you'll know who is this person. Don't just be fooled by the api of school, stay top of the education by teaching your kids at home. Also, JIJI math-program is life saver especially when your math teacher is so bad. If I had to rate the school based on this particular teacher, I'll give zero star.

Posted April 13, 2012
My son is finishing KG, so we only have one year experience with the school, but we like this school so far. I can't comment on every KG teacher, however my son has been exposed to four teachers because the school practices flex-groups (grouping kids by level of readiness/knowledge) and he has not complained. I have experience with two teachers - one who assessed my son before KG and talked to me about pros/cons of sending kid to KG early/holding back a year and my son's primary teacher. Both seem very qualified and pleasant. My son's teacher is nice, strict, energetic with appropriate education and good experience. I volunteer in class and I believe she does a great job. She also provided me with good suggestions I used at home. It's a shame that CA curriculum is very disappointing (to me as European). I also dislike the use of Jiji contrary to almost everyone else (no need for 5-y/o to use computer). I wish CA board of education considered curriculum from countries where children actually have to learn something in much shorter school time (most European 1st graders spend 4 hours in school vs. 7 hours in Country Lane). As far as public schools go, this one is great.

Country Lane Elementary School
5140 Country Lane, San Jose, CA  95129
Last modified Country Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Country Lane Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews.