Posted March 25, 2013
Burnett rocks! Dont judge a school by economic based API scores or just by word of mouth- Go down there and visit yourself! Burnett is an International Baccalaureate school specializing in giving kids a well rounded, global minded education. It has changed dramatically over the years and continues to get better. People who hate on Burnett have to understand it's MIDDLE SCHOOL-the hardest, most hormonally socially awkward years of a child's life. I'd challenge anyone to find more creative, dedicated teachers than the ones at Burnett. They take their challenges and make them successes. If you want a staff who just assigns chapters and asks to answer chapter questions, go to Bret Harte with their high API scores... Burnett teachers won't do that because they are innovative teachers who truly care about their students learning so they create whatever they can to help students learn and feel successful.

Posted April 29, 2012
The administration at Burnett is top notch. Both Ms. Aguerria and Ms. Luz are very impressive and have high expectations for the students and really care about them. This school keeps getting better. My child has had some fabulous teachers this year, and has enjoyed her time socially.

Posted April 28, 2012
this school is awsome. When my friends told me what some people are saying i just could'nt understand why. i mean of course there are some kids that think some teachers are unfair, but what about the teachers that are very kind and think about the kids education. And yes there may be some kids that are mean and judgemental, but really there's kids like that everywhere! like to the school im going to know, it gets me stressed so much that i hope im going back to burnett.

Peter Burnett Middle School 2

Posted August 17, 2011
This is a poorly managed school. Students are not happy, teachers are not happy. They say that the Principal "micro-manages" everything they do taking away their creativity in the classroom. Aren't two heads better than one? The gangs and clicks; the bullying is not handled appropriately. Children should not have to be subjected to ridicule in school. My child, who excelled in elementary school is so depressed, she doesn't want to go to school anymore. And what is wrong with the District office that they continue to keep a Principal that is a failure with a capital "F."

Posted May 27, 2011
*released to a forced work program. It's sad that budget cuts mean a cut in humanity. Respect is the bare minimum always. Yet these officials are not concerned how their negitive views are affecting the LIVES of these CHILDREN. Do they not understand the process of brain development?? The fronal lobe? These kids think with emotion first! sad story/no wonder low test scores/If I was a student there, I would lean towards gang life to. May as well no support from staff . Even the SJUSD says they have a terrible administration. I teach children to challenge their perceptions, but this school offers no child/parent support. It is not Juvenile Hall its fishing MIDDLE SCHOOL. If your not a part of the soulution you a part of the problem. Stop trying to build a wall between staff & students. Open your ears/eyes/minds & hearts and take advantage of your role in these young lives. * Sad story.

Posted March 29, 2011
Burnett has been a wonderful school for my son. He is a good student who needs the academic challenge they give. I have not had problems with teachers or administration. There are many different activities for students to participate in during school and after school. I am definitely happy we sent our son to Burnett and I just hope his high school experience is also great.

Posted December 02, 2010
This school is ridiculous. The Admin staff does not assist the parents or the students in conflict resolution nor do they help with the transition from elementary to middle school. My son had several issues here, and the staff refused to assist us. They were more interested in us transferring then resolving any concerns. It is easier for them to complain about an uninvolved parent then to actually assist as a team to helping the child be successful at their school. I guess, no child left behind, does not apply to this school. The staffs there are not trained to deal with children. Especially ones who have any form of emotional health challenges. If you are one of those parents who just don t care, maybe you won t mind them attending a school that just doesn t care either. Good luck

Posted July 05, 2010
Most of Peter Burnett's staff are great, however some of the students that attend Peter Burnett are involved in gang related activities and could care less about receiving a good education. They bring their rough lifestyle and ill-mannered behavior to school and transmit it and/or bully other students. Unfortunately, my child attended this school a couple of years ago and I will never my send my next child here.

Posted September 15, 2009
Burnett is a wonderful school. The teachers and staff all go above and beyond to make sure that every student succeeds. My daughter went from hating school before Burnett to having a 4.0 and being on the honor roll.

Posted July 24, 2009
I just graduated as Valedictorian at PBA, and all i have to say is that this is awesome. There are so many cultures there and youll see so many kids bonding together. This is school has a great atmosphere. Im going to miss it alot. The staff is the best around that youll find. They helped all of us with our problems in and out of the classroom. My principal was the best. She takes care of everything that a student needs. The art and physical educations department. Best of the best. (:

Peter Burnett Middle School
850 North Second Street, San Jose, CA  95112
Last modified Peter Burnett Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Peter Burnett Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top