San Jose, CA

Posted October 20, 2014
My three children have attended Schallenberger and I have been very pleased with the incredibly supportive community of parents, teachers and staff.

Posted August 05, 2014
I wish I can give less than 1 star. 4th grade teachers don't give homework , lazy, don't correct papers.My son didn't learn anything last year. Hopefully the principal will take serious action and the 5th grade teachers will do better

Schallenberger Elementary School 2

Posted February 19, 2014
My child attended this school for 3 years. Kindergarten was great, but in the 1st and 2nd grades, the teachers were so stressed out it caused us a lot of stress as well. I don't know what else to say. I know the public schools have been struggling due to lack of funding and I honestly hope the situation improves. 30+ kids to a class is not a formula for happy teachers or well developed students. Also, there is too much emphasis on quantity of books read with no real study or learning involved. It's all about the volumes, not critical or creative thinking. I have heard the principal situation is improved over when we attended a couple of years back.

Posted June 01, 2011
I couldn't be happier with the education my son received while at Schallenberger (Kindergarten). His teacher was great about communicating his progress on a regular basis which allowed to focus on certain areas that needed attention. I'm very happy to know that my son will be starting first grade at math and reading that is needed to be successful in first grade.

Schallenberger Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2010
This is our first year as a kinder family at Schallenberger. We have been so happy so far. The parent involvement is like none other and the fundraising motivation is stellar! Our sons teacher is wonderful as if she was hand picked for him. Our only complaint is the climate between staff and principle. We truly hope that the district will take a closer look at that and really HEAR what our wonderful teachers have to say. Without them, we don't have the Schallenberger "family" we all love so much.

Posted December 08, 2009
My son started Kindergarten at Schallenberger this year, as a transfer through NCLB. Schallenberger was my first choice in the district and I am so happy with the school thus far. There's great diversity, the children appear to be valued and respected, the campus is great with lots of room to run around, and the teachers and parents are wonderful as well. My son is thriving!

Posted August 19, 2009
We will update as the school year continues but so far we are very impressed! My son has severe allergies and learning difficulties and the school has been incredibly supportive and accommodating. Teacher is perceptive and kind and my son is extremely happy!

Posted June 01, 2009
Their are many parents at this school who spend a lot of their time supporting the school's teachers by volunteering their time in the classrooms and helping with fund raising in the hopes of keeping valuable programs from being lost due to budget cuts. The students are wonderful as well! Unfortunately, the leadership at this school is extremely lacking. Personal experience with some of the school staff has been very unprofessional. The school was very different under the previous leadership and I hope someone at the district will take notice and do something to assist in improving the situation.

Posted March 10, 2009

Posted June 27, 2008

Schallenberger Elementary School
1280 Koch Lane, San Jose, CA  95125
Last modified Schallenberger Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Schallenberger Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top