Almaden Preparatory School 4

Posted March 26, 2009
I don't quite agree with the faculty assessment. My child is in the second grade and his teacher gives as much one-on-one attention to him as to any other student in his class. The teacher makes it fun and my child never wants to miss class. He also pushes my child to be the very best person he can be, both academically and in everyday life. I really feel my child is getting a great education. I hope he has the same teacher next year, as this teacher is teaching the third grade as well (as a combo). Strong teachers make this school worthwhile!

Almaden Preparatory School 3

Posted March 26, 2009
Pros: The school does a good enough job to prepare students for top private high schools such as Bellarmine, Archbishop Mitty, St. Francis, Notre Dame, and Presentation, the faculty and staff are kind, there is a trip to yosemite offered for eight graders and science camp offered for sixth graders, a good drama program and sports program (although it is limited to only football, volleyball, and basketball). Cons: The facilities are dated, some of the teachers do not know what they are teaching (last year my son had a spanish teacher that did not know how to speak a word of spanish), resources are limited, no quality lunch program, teachers spend more time on misbehaving students than on the academically gifted students, no student involvement in activities and events (book fair, halloween festival, auctions, etc.), no student government, and subpar teachers who use a lot of favoritism towards certain students.

Almaden Preparatory School 3

Almaden Preparatory School 1

Posted March 25, 2009

Almaden Preparatory School 1

Posted March 24, 2009
I agree completely with the review written on March 22, 2009. The other reviews look exactly like something the faculty would write to boost the school. It doesn't even sound like a parent's writing, specifically where it says, 'the atmosphere there makes it all worthwhile'. Trust me, the atmosphere is not all that pleasant. Many of the lights and window shutters around the school are broken, the roofs leak every year when it rains, and the plumbing system has problems often causing it to flood in and outside the classrooms. On top of that the school is in very close proximity to a neighboring school called 'Beacon' that is for special education students. They are also students that have violent behaviors and need that extra attention. Sometimes the children are scheduled to be at recess while the Beacon students are also out, and there has been confrontations in the past.

Almaden Preparatory School 0

Posted March 22, 2009
Two of the above reviews really looks like 'marketing' from the school faculty. Our own experience is the school is mediocre at best, unless your child performs on the top tier otherwise they ignore your child. The teachers try hard, but the good ones never last more then 1 year.. most are not that great. The principal is very good at talking, but that's about it.

Almaden Preparatory School 0

Posted December 15, 2008
As parents, we want the best for our children. We want them to be happy, well-adjusted, and to love learning. We found exactly that at Almaden Preparatory School. Our daughter is happy and ecited about school because her teacher makes learning fun. This is our second year at Almaden Prep and our daughter is already requesting to go there year after year. Almaden Prep has high academic focus, as well as, variety of extracurricular activities. Our daughter enjoys participating in the school plays and taking the piano lessons. She looks forward to joining the girls volleyball team when she's in the 4th grade. We live in Morgan Hill, so the school is a bit out of our way but the overall atmosphere there makes it all worthwhile.

Posted November 26, 2008
My daughter started school this September. I have seen a huge difference in her personality - she is become more independent, responsible and is striving to do better without me pushing it. The school is great with teachers working 1-on-1 with students, giving them all the opportunities that they are willing to take. The sports program is excellent. The schools offers the perfect combination of academics, comprehensive enrichment programs (art, drama, sports etc.) It is a happy, warm, welcoming place to be. There is a quality that exists at this school that is hard to find elsewhere.

Posted October 08, 2008
Almaden Preparatory School is an elementary and middle school in San Jose, CA near Blossom Hill and Camden. Their K-8 curriculum challenges the brightest of students while allowing all students to grow at their own pace. The Almaden Prep community offers many opportunities for growth via extra curricular activities including sports, robotics, scouting, and martial arts. Almaden Preparatory School is an excellent choice for parents looking to prepare their student for attendance at a private high school. Most graduates of Almaden Prep are not only accepted to high schools like Bellarmine, St. Francis and Presentation but they excel in honors classes once there. Both of my children attended Almaden Preparatory School and I highly recommend this school be considered by parents looking to prepare their children for a successful education.

Posted August 08, 2004

Almaden Preparatory School
5670 Camden Ave, San Jose, CA  95124
Last modified Almaden Preparatory School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Almaden Preparatory School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.