Seneca Family Of Agencies - James Baldwin Academy 1

Posted July 30, 2014
If you live in the neighborhood where this school is located you will have a far "different" opinion of the success stories of the James Baldwin Academy. This is a tax payer waste of money. Take a real good look into this institution and the Seneca Center on their website.

Posted May 15, 2014
I wanted to share our story and our School James Baldwin Academy with Great Schools. I am truly a proud parent of a child who attends JBA. We have attended 5 different schools over the past 6 short years within our school district, wherever the program we needed was available. In the past 8 months have seen more growth in our child academically, socially (proper skills) and emotionally than we have seen anywhere we have been. He now has all the necessary tools & resources available needed to help to succeed in life not just school, and he is! I think the reason JBA works so well for us is due to the incredible staff who continually provide a positive, safe environment and are always striving for the future success of the children. They really care about our kids and love what they do. I can't thank them enough for all they have and continue to do for our child and our family. Thank you!!

Posted February 26, 2014
Our Family has been part of the James Baldwin Academy family since October 2012. In the beginning it was a rocky adjustment, but as days past by I noticed that every staff member is committed to seeing our family succeed. They all worked together as one great support group. Since we have been here, my son has excelled in all areas and is continuing to make great strides. His ability to blossom is due to the consistence of their goals and patience in allowing him to grow into the amazing young man we all knew was in him. I am forever great full for this community of people.

Posted November 18, 2013
I have been serving as a volunteer music teacher at James Baldwin Academy since November, 2011. I come to this position having retired in 2008, after 20 years of service as a teacher, followed by 20 years as a site co-administrator, a principal and as a district director. In the two years I have been at JBA, I have been consistently and happily impressed by the positive and supportive expectations all members of the staff, including administrators, teachers, therapists, and classified staff. Everyone on the staff makes a sincere effort to treat every student as a unique individual. The students are respectful of the staff, and they feel safe under the staff's direction. I have never been around a staff where literally everyone, from administrators to carpenters, from teachers to front office support staff, maintains high standards for behavior, high expectations for academics, and creates a safe, warm, and empathic environment for all students, from kindergarteners to twelfth graders. Having worked in a wide range of school environments, I can sincerely declare that JBA is an extraordinarily fine school, so desperately needed by their needy, often fragile students.

Posted October 31, 2013
This Seneca school provides much needed support for youth in our community. The staff are hard working and provide unconditional care to each child and their family, individualizing the services provided for everyone enrolled. I am honored to work at a place where the staff are so dedicated to helping children and families.

Posted September 13, 2013
As a school district representative, I have been working with Seneca Center for several years. In addition to providing a professional and welcoming environment, Seneca has provided our students with a quality education and an abudnance of supplementary supports and services. Seneca staff has frequently exceeded my expectations. Seneca is a leader in their field, as they provide a clear perspective on learning and behavior change. Seneca demonstrates compassion and care. They truly understand the needs of our students.

Seneca Family Of Agencies - James Baldwin Academy 4

Posted July 01, 2013
I am the parent of a soon to be 6th grade boy. He has attended Seneca Center for 3 years and I must say they have been an amazing 3 years. I no longer get phone calls to pick him up early or that he was disruptive during the day. He has been on honor role for 3 years straight and his self confidence has sky rocketed. This is a true testament to the commitment and support that each and every staff member has. My son is on his way to an amazing private middle school and I truly believe that it has been made possible because of the staff and the skills that they have taught him that he was able to withstand the interview process and even better, getting accepted. Seneca Center, James Baldwin Academy is the absolute BEST!! We are so grateful for the last 3 years and any parent that has been struggling with the public school system not understanding or not having the tools should strongly consider this wonderful school.

Posted May 21, 2013
I've worked with districts referring students to special education programs for a long time and Seneca's James Baldwin Academy is by far my favorite. The staff are professional, courteous and responsive. The interventions are thoughtful, appropriate and effective. And, best of all, student outcomes clearly show this! For students who have not previously been successful in public schools and who need a blend of consistent structure with loving care/attention, Baldwin Academy is the place. From the intake process, students are invited to be involved in their own treatment and given a voice. Family engagement is also a priority, which shows in everything from how IEPs are held to how parent communication occurs or the variety of family therapy options. I've worked with many kids placed at James Baldwin who have graduated from high school, mainstreamed back to public schools, enrolled in local colleges, earned jobs, restored relationships they've severed long ago or found their identities. The staff truly match vision with action here!

Seneca Family Of Agencies - James Baldwin Academy 1

Posted February 11, 2012
With upper grade levels, horrendous classroom management; policies implemented on children are reactionary; teachers look miserable; and staff called out to problems instead of monitoring in-class behavior. With lower grade levels, better classroom management as more staff to deal with less physically challenging behavioral problems. With over 900 employees, it's no wonder staff are frustrated; the top down managerial style imposes power limiting restrictions because the organization offers "unconditional care" (translation= economy is so bad that staff can't step up and give kids tough love since organization has already vested in NOT kicking the kid out no matter what and can keep their income source coming in as long as staff do their part...i.e. mouth shut). Why even have a point system to promote better behavior? Kids know if they act up, they will not fail placement one way or another. This place is about $$$ and not education. For the amount of overhead this company has, it is not efficient; parents beware. You kid will not learn when there are thunderous temper tantrums directly behind the classroom DAILY. Kudos on the best day care taxpayer money can provide.

Seneca Family Of Agencies - James Baldwin Academy
2275 Arlington Drive, San Leandro, CA  94578
Last modified Seneca Family Of Agencies - James Baldwin Academy is a Private school that serves grades 2-12
Seneca Family Of Agencies - James Baldwin Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top