San Lorenzo, CA
Students enrolled: 1,791

Arroyo High School 5

Posted August 13, 2015
For all four years of my high school experience I had amazing teachers with great backgrounds of whom excelled in the areas of which they taught. In each class I took the teachers had very customized curriculums that benefitted a majority of my classmates. The community is very accepting and there are great clubs, sports, and other extracurricular activities to partake in that most definitely brighten the high school experience. Overall a great school with tons of spirit!

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 01, 2015
They are very helpful and feel like friends rather than teachers. I have close relationships with many staff members

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 01, 2015
Yes because I have enough homework where I can still have my day to myself

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 01, 2015
Yes because this school has taught me never to give up and to always keep trying my best.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted June 01, 2015
Yes more students should take mohs class because he teaches and shows this things daily.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted June 01, 2015
Yes because my teacher Samuel oh teaches and respects me everyday. I would even raise his pay.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted June 01, 2015
Yes because the students here are very aware of others feelings and do not put others down.

Arroyo High School 4

Posted June 01, 2015
Going to arroyo for four years has been an exciting experience. There are some teachers here that feel like friends and some like other school that feel like wardens. The people here are okay but we could stop accepting so many freshman. But this school is okay.

Arroyo High School 4

Posted June 01, 2015
Arroyo is a nice school with great teachers who make sure their students understand what they are learning

Arroyo High School 3

Posted December 17, 2013
Like many high schools , Arroyo is filled with all types of kids, different races, different personalities, different points of view. It's a nice small school surrounded by a safe environment and their test scores improve each year! In my child's opinion she thought she would never like it. Something about this school told me she had to give it another try. Before I knew it, she had completely fallen in love with her school! She quickly made new friends and liked her classes very much. Arroyo was not like every other school it was better. It encouraged her to join more clubs and sports teams and when it came to school work, they helped her immediately before she even has the chance of falling behind. It was the first high school I knew that made learning actually fun and exciting . My child now looks forward to going to school a lot more ! Thanks Dons ! <3

15701 Lorenzo Avenue, San Lorenzo, CA  94580
Last modified Arroyo High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arroyo High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 139 reviews. Top