San Lorenzo, CA

Posted October 15, 2014
I volunteered a few times and i like the school alot i went through alot to get my kids in this school due to interdistrict transfers and stuff and itsvworth it. My kids are learning english fast here, the teachers are caring and kind, the only complaints i have are the morning time in the parking lot, they dont have anyone out there atleast ten minutes after 8:00 for late comers. They need to keep staff out later because parents speed through the parking lot and thats not ok because parents and students are still getting there and if they are getting out of the car and another car is speeding through the people could get hurt by the speeder. And also people are always parking in places they shouldnt be parking causing traffic jams and arguements around the children its a zoo and needs to be under control. Other than that i love this school.

Hesperian Elementary School 4

Posted December 20, 2012
my children have gone here for 3 years now and every year we get such great teachers. I love the community here and the parent involvement, my children have had some of their best memories here and I love the Boys & Girls Club after-school program...the staff is awesome! This school may not have the highest test scores, but the people here make it a high rating for us.....parents who are very involved in their child's education and daily homework, don't need to worry about what the overall schools scores are! Love this school...a hidden treasure! I do agree that there should be more security on the school grounds however.

Hesperian Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2010
Teachers and Principal should concetrate more on teaching the kids more about reading and math skills, instead of diagnosing their the behaviors, kids will be kids this is an elementary school.

Hesperian Elementary School 0

Posted February 24, 2009
I have 3 daughters attending Hesperian coming in almost 2 months after school resumed, we moved nearby so it was only natural to put them in Hesperian , my overall take on the school is that it is alright although the last school they were at was superb and am very very mad I had to transfer them. There is one thing I absolutely do not like at Hesperian at all and that is the safety issues for the children, literally anyone can be on school grounds whenever they want to be, now I can t imagine dropping my kids off there and not knowing after that whoes on the grounds without going crazy. They do not lock the doors and anyone is welcomed they dont even ask what they are doing there like our last school (wont name names) There can be a terrorist and you would not even know.

Posted September 09, 2008

Hesperian Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2006
Dedicated teachers. More extracurricular activities have been added in the past few years, but more are needed. Would love to see more parents involved!

Hesperian Elementary School 3

Posted March 20, 2006
Hesperian School is much better than I expected. My son came in the middle of the school year from a private school and I was afraid that the work would be too easy. The teacher addressed my concern right away and makes sure that because he is at a higher learning level, that his work is more difficult. For a teacher to take the time and do the 'extra' says alot.

Hesperian Elementary School 0

Posted January 11, 2006
My 2nd grade nephew does poorly in reading, and is beginning to resist it because of the feeling of failure. I'm worried about his math as well. He's only attended Hesperian, and only late last fall was he referred to the Step Up program, when the red lights were flashing since early in 1st grade.

Hesperian Elementary School 4

Posted October 02, 2005
- a former student

Posted October 01, 2005
I currently have 2 children attending Hesperian and will not hesitate to enroll my 3rd into Kindergarten there next Fall. The principal, Dr. Jackson, is an extraordinary woman and acknowledges the special needs of each child as an individual, as does her staff. She is a great example of a leader. The Teachers, Grounds Crew, Cafeteria Staff, as well as anyone else I have encountered, have not only been proficeint and professional, but also a pleasure to deal with in all aspects. The PTA is incredible, involving Parents, and the students, in community affairs and fund raisers. The teachers are examplary and should be commended. I am delighted to say the entire Hesperian Staff deserves a standing ovation. Thank you Dr. Jackson and Hesperian School, I know my children are in good hands with you!

Hesperian Elementary School
620 Drew Street, San Lorenzo, CA  94580
Last modified Hesperian Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hesperian Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top