Public charter
San Marcos, CA
After care: No

School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Bayshore Preparatory's Governing Board has implemented a zero tolerance policy regarding bullying and sexual harassment. We take any accusation very seriously and respond immediately. If a student/parent believes any type of bullying or sexual harassment has occurred, he/she is encouraged to contact a staff member, administrator or board member.
February 24, 2014

Posted April 29, 2015
This is a 5 day a week onsite classroom. We are very happy to have found this K-12 school in December 2014. It's a gem of San Marcos! They have a lot of flexibility, individualized learning, and special attention for the kids. After switching to Bayshore we noticed a big progress he wants to learn new things everyday. The staff has been amazing and they make us feel like family! This onsite program is new and I feel it's just going to keep on getting better over the next year as the classrooms fill up. I love how the kids get computer time twice a day and also science and social studies. They're very big on math as well. I love how the new common core is being integrated into the program with easy online website to follow. Come join our classroom it's a gem of San Marcos with teachers that have a big heart for the kids.

Posted April 28, 2015
Our son started in the new K-3 blended learning, 5 day a week, onsite classroom during the 2014-2015 school year. We are thrilled to have found this K-12 school. It is amazing! We are so grateful for the flexibility, individualized learning, and special attention he is receiving to be the best he can be! Switching to this school from our overcrowded zoned public school has been the best choice! He smiles brighter, has a glistening in his eyes, and is excited about his days! At his previous school he was just a number, no one really knew him, and he retreated within himself. He seemed really lonely despite over 1000 kids. After switching to Bayshore we noticed an immediate change in personality. He grew to be friends with every kid in the classroom within a few months and chooses to go to school on optional Friday's because he enjoys it so much! The staff we interact with on a regular basis has been amazing and they make us feel so comfortable! Everyone feels like family! This onsite program is new and I feel it's just going to keep on getting better over the next year as the classrooms fill up. I love how the kids get computer time twice a day and also science and social studies

Posted March 10, 2015
This is a great option for our community. The teachers are very dedicated to helping their students succeed. We have been impressed with the Edgenuity curriculum. Our children have enjoyed their time at this school. They have been able to be challenged and keep ahead allowing them to devote time to talents outside of school. The parent community is very supportive. We recommend this school to families who are looking for a better more refined and personalized public school option.

Posted May 12, 2014
I recently visited Bayshore and was amazed at what a great staff they have. I can assure you, that has not always been the case. The current staff is VERY dedicated to making sure every student gets the best education possible. They are a college prep school and encourage all students to further their education to further increase the students' opportunities not only in the workforce but to help them in life's journey. I would encourage any parent to check out Bayshore if you are seeking the best opportunity for your childs education in a non-traditional school. Bayshore offers many opportunities to students that other Charter Schools do not. We are so grateful we found them.

Posted February 24, 2014
I've been a part of the schools community for over four years now and I can tell you that it's not only been a great influence in my childrens lives, but Bayshore continues to strive for nothing, but the best continouly working with their best efforts. The staff is always willing to help any student or parent. My children have graduated and moved on to college and I'm still a part of the school community because I truly believe Bayshore is a great school. Bayshore prepared my children for the college experience in reference to education making the transition from high school to college easier. Thank you Bayshore!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted February 24, 2014

Bayshore Preparatory Charter School 1

Posted February 22, 2014
This school at first was amazing. Then i got to know to know the things about the school. This school is full of bullying and also some sexual harrassment. However the staff doesnt notice it. At most times some of the staff is very unprofessional and need to think about taking their job more seriously. I would not recommend sending your kids/teens here.

Posted January 14, 2014
We love Bayshore. It has been the greatest school that my son has attended. He loves his teachers and loves that he can go at his pace and not have to wait for others to catch up and if he falls behind he gets all the help he needs and then some. He met some nice friends the first day. My son has asthma and a severe nut allergy and Bayshore is very understanding and helpful and most of all caring. The staff is the absolute BEST at Bayshore. I could go on an on about Bayshore. If you want the best education for your child. Bayshore is the place to be. You will not regret it. Schedule a tour today.:) it will be the best education decision you can make for you child.

Posted November 01, 2013
I believe that students of all levels can be successful at Bayshore Prep. They have high standards with a very supportive staff.

Posted October 04, 2013
Bayshore Prep is a fantastic school! I attended Bayshore from 2009 - 2013 and graduated this past school year. I loved being a student at this school. I felt very comfortable talking to the teacher about anything from my schoolwork to personal problems that I needed resolved. The teachers at Bayshore are all highly qualified in the subject(s) they teach at the school. The coursework that was offered at the school definitely prepared me for the coursework I am currently taking at a local university. Bayshore Prep is a wonderful option for students who need a flexible school schedule. I often recommend Bayshore to students who have busy lives outside of school, such as students with jobs or are heavily involved in sport. I also recommend this school for students who do not want a traditional school experience. Bayshore is also a great option for K-8 students. Overall, I am very grateful for the experience I had while a high school student at Bayshore Prep.

Bayshore Preparatory Charter School
1175 Linda Vista Drive, San Marcos, CA  92078
Last modified Bayshore Preparatory Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bayshore Preparatory Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top