Windemere Ranch Middle School 4

Posted February 01, 2014
I went to this school for half of sixth grade and half of seventh grade. I liked many aspects of it, including the teachers and the elective choices. The thing I really loved was the microwaves and hot water in the lunchroom, which many other schools don't have. I'm giving WRMS four stars, however, because when I went here, the library was horrible (in my opinion). There was almost no fiction, more than 75% of all the books being nonfiction. It was somewhat difficult to find good books to read, considering the limited selection.

Posted January 29, 2013
I attend this school and it most definitely a great place to go to if you live in the San Ramon Valley District

Windemere Ranch Middle School 2

Posted January 22, 2012
My son attended school here the 2nd and 3rd year after it opened. He was in 6th grade and had full support for his special needs. However, the support he needed was taken away the following year and in addition the school lost its strong supportive vice principal and guidance counselor. I was informed that due to his good grades the previous year, he no longer needed his 504 plan to accommodate his special needs. Without this support his grades drastically slipped and his self esteem plummeted. We transferred him to Venture the following year. He has received full accommodations and support which has allowed him to become a self confident and and independent academically successful student. I hope the school has improved in this area and would loved to read comments from parents who have children with special needs attending WRMS. My ratings reflect my sons 7th grade year..

Posted June 13, 2011
This is an awesome school. My daughter is white and she graduated this year. We are grateful for the student body diversity, the caliber of teachers, PTSA/parent involvement, rich set of electives, administration, facilities and extra-curricular activities including community service. This school offers some of the best high school/college prep in the bay area. It is simply an outstanding school.

Posted June 12, 2011
This a great school. And I disagree with "our race is white and unfortunately there are almost no white students in Windemere". This school has 20% white students. We are Asian. But my daughter has friends from different races. They all play together with no problem. Does this parent mean only when white is majority, he/she will be happy? With this kind of attitude, how could his/her kids be happy in school? This is Bay Area, unfortunately, there are lots of Asian, Black here. We all love here and we all love the school and all the students in the school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 17, 2011
I have two kids in the school and I can't be happier with their experience. Beside strong academic performances, it is also safe, and has a lot of extracurriculum activities. It has excellent music bands of all levels. If you want your kids challenged and aiming high, it is a perfect choice, whichever your race is. My kids have friends from various cultural backgrounds. They all seem pretty happy. Of course it is not a perfect world. Petty theft, for example, happens just like anywhere else.

Posted July 11, 2010
An exceptional middle school where the kids are challenged and feel safe on campus. The teachers and staff care about the overall well-being of each student. WRMS is an excellent middle school!

Windemere Ranch Middle School 2

Posted June 02, 2010
This school has great education but my kid doesn't fit well...our race is white and unfortunately there are almost no white students in Windemere. Most students are Indian and Asian. So if you are white, you are a total minority here. I think diversity is great as long as you don't feel a minority...

Windemere Ranch Middle School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
WRMS is an awesome school. Look at the diversity of its student population !. Stellar academics, lots of extra-curricular activities & sports . Advanced math classes are offered to those who want to be challenged. My eighth grader loves her school & teachers. I would highly recommend this school to any parent who may have a middle-school aged kid. My daughter has never complained about any bullying nor has witnesssed any fights at school.She has always felt quite safe at school and its excellent learning environment.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 22, 2010
Fantastic school! Has the highest API score of any middle school in the district. The school recently was recognized as a California distinguished school, one of only 260 out of over 2400 elementary, middle and high schools in the State. The the faculty is great and the Principal Mr. Bolin is dynamic and resourceful. Overall a wonderful place to have your kid go to middle school

Windemere Ranch Middle School
11611 East Branch Parkway, San Ramon, CA  94582
Last modified Windemere Ranch Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windemere Ranch Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top