Santa Ana, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 06, 2014
I wanted my children to be bilingual - a skill I do not possess and am continually working at. When I looked at all the immersion schools in Orange County, LILA was by far the best. I was impressed pedagogically, and liked that the curriculum incorporated arts, music, theatre and STEM in a fun and engaging manner. My children have been there for 4 years, and my eldest (first grade) is able to carry on conversations in French with a perfect accent. We do not speak French at home, but his has never been an issue. And it is fun for me to learn along with her!

Posted April 25, 2014
My children have been at this school for 3 years now and it is really a very good school. They are truly getting a bilingual education here and the caring and nurturing that is offered by the teachers and staff is second to none I have experienced in the past. Both my children are very happy at this school and really enjoy going off to school each day with a smile. The projects they do in class are never boring and mundane - they are learning through doing a lot of the time rather than just sitting and passively absorbing information. I have been very happy with this school. My kids are fluent now in English and French. The fact they are receiving a bilingual education is fantastic. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a bilingual education for their children.

Posted April 25, 2014
Nous sommes au LILA depuis 5 ans et c est un vrai bonheur. Mes enfants parlent anglais et fran ais et obtiennent de tr s bons r sultats en classe. Ils demandent m me aller au LILA pendant les vacances scolaires ! Les membres de l quipe sont chaleureux, disponibles et consciencieux. L aspect international de l cole est d velopper m me si le m lange des cultures fran aise et am ricaine est tr s pr sent. Une cole unique Orange County sans les c t s pompeux et pr tentieux que l on retrouve dans beaucoup d coles priv es !

Posted April 14, 2014
Entering the foyer of the Lycee feels like walking into Europe. The parent population is multi-lingual and multi-cultural. The school is small and the families know each other. My son is in his 6th year at the school (including Pre-School and Pre-K) and I have been very impressed with his development of critical thinking, not to mention that he is truly bilingual. While the tuition isn't cheap, the education he has received has been priceless. I love, love, love this school.

Posted April 11, 2014
What makes LILA better than the rest? The passion and expertise of the teachers, the leadership and support of the director, the enriching and comprehensive curriculum, the close-knit community, the seamless immersion of the French and English languages... I could go on and on! For parents who are looking for an exceptional education with the added advantages of learning a second language, this is the school for you!

Lycee International De Los Angeles - Oc 1

Posted January 21, 2014
Having children speak several languages is a true blessing for families like us who speak multiple languages at home. Unfortunately if the concept is great, the education at LILA lacks behind. Children are behind in both English and French. If we dropped our kids in the actual public system in either country, they would be desperately behind their grade level. The staff there says differently, of course, they have to! But the actual truth is what happens when we parents try to convert to the French or English public systems. It is also a shame that we can never have a great French teacher and a great English teacher. It seems to be either one, or the other. The Director of the school is very dynamic, and tries his best. He is very open and very prompt to address concerns. The problem is, like for every other company out there, you are only as good as your weakest link. And there are a few critical weak links at Lila that are all education related. For $14,000 per child enrolled, I expect more than what is delivered. I am giving one star only because I am not satisfied with the overall level. An exceptional French teacher in one grade doesn't make a school a 5 star school.

Lycee International De Los Angeles - Oc 1

Posted January 21, 2014
I like the international concept, but have problems with the level of politics and parents. PA dues are not voluntary, but mandatory. The PA is way too involved in the school. To a point that some email communications actually were shocking last year with negativity and resentment. The kids are happy, and some of the French teachers there are fantastic. If you are looking for a French school, you will probably be satisfied. If you are looking for an international school, go look elsewhere: English is NOT the forte there, the level is weak and not up to par with the public system. Some classes also have too few kids, making it difficult for the younger children to learn social skills. The school lacks sports facilities and doesn't have enough space for the kids to run and spend their energy. The library is not furnished well, and books about Christmas or other types of celebrations are forbidden by the landlord. The staff on average is very dedicated to the kids. It's an ok school, but is definitely not worth the amount we are spending. It's the only French school around, it doesn't mean it's good, it means it lacks the competition it needs to become better and thrive.

Lycee International De Los Angeles - Oc 3

Posted July 02, 2013
This school is great for learning french, because everything goes on in french. If you go to this school for a year or more, you'll be fluent. This school is also very diverse; 25% white. Even though lila is a great school, it lacks academic success. This school follows french standards (which are high), but the French learn things at different times, which makes transferring schools extremely difficult.

Posted January 17, 2013
Excellent school. Our son's been at the school for almost 3 years now and we saw the benefits within the first semester of attending the school. Great teachers, staff, principal & parental involvement. Just the environment we were looking for.

Posted September 27, 2010
Great school! Our child who is in the first grade is reading in both French and English. I strongly recommend this school.

Lycee International De Los Angeles - Oc
2625 North Tustin Avenue, Santa Ana, CA  92705
Last modified Lycee International De Los Angeles - Oc is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Lycee International De Los Angeles - Oc Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top