Posted December 14, 2014
As a former student from kindergarten to the third grade, I can now look back and see what is an awful institution. It was 2001 when I started and 2005 when I ended my course at this school, so my review might be outdated; I believe it will not be as such since I looked at the school website to see that most of the staff are the same since I left. This school also deters individualism and creativity. The uniforms are a factor in the deterrence, but it is mostly the teachers. As for creativity, there discouragement and, at times, punishment. From my experience, the education was indeed more advanced in the sense that the students are more ahead than their public school counter parts; the social impact, however, was negative. When I transferred to public school, (my mother saw how horrible the environment was at this school) the freedom felt odd. I would ask other kids if i could play and they said, "just play you don't need to ask." It was strange to me how welcoming the environment was in contrast to St. Barbara. Eventually, I would go on to lose my fear of teachers as I progressed in public school. Overall, St. Barbara is not the ideal place to sent your kids to school.

St. Barbara Elementary School 4

Posted December 01, 2013
I taught at St. Barbara's a few years ago and agree with a couple comments posted by parents. Yes, there are a few teachers there without CA teaching credentials. It's easy to find out, just look it up. However, taking a few classes doesn't make you a good teacher! True, St. Barbara may not have many clubs or activities, but those "clubs and activities" are made possible through parent volunteers. Step up and become involved! The comments made about the crew socks are silly! I have two children who attend an out of state Catholic school (800 students) and have never heard of a parent complain about socks. Both boys and girls MUST wear crew socks, no nail polish, and uniform policy is VERY strict compared to St. Barbara's. Parents, the school rules are not made up after you enroll! Read the handbook! I haven't been there for a while, but I'll bet the academic achievement at SB is much higher than the surrounding community schools.

Posted February 04, 2013
Great Teachers, The Best Education for my kids. very good in sports, the Best Cheer team :)

Posted September 09, 2012
Please do not send your child to St. Barbara school. The teachers, staff, and administration are very judgemental, hypocritical, and insincere. Not only does their school have a very low academic curriculum but the extracurricular activities there are very limited too. No clubs, only a couple sports, and a student council that is controlled by the principal. The fine arts program is horrendous since my child learned absolutely nothing. P.E is not offered everyday like every other public and private elementary schools. My child was also harassed by many teachers and mistreated even though she was an excellent student having straight As and played in various sports. Overall, I will never put one of my children in this school again.

Posted June 12, 2012
The teachers are hypocrites. They taught students to be kind, loving , and forgiving like Jesus, but they used detention and demerit slips as their weapons to retaliate against students and parents. In fact, I had to threaten the principal and teachers to report their misconducts to the Board of Education and to file a lawsuit to remove the detention out ofmy son's record. I also had to pull my daughter out of her K-1 classroom immediately because of her teacher's harassment and mistreatment eventhough she was doing so well in school. At the beginning of the school year, the school usually charged parents lots of money for 3 parties during the school year, but they always asked us to donate all kinds of foods, drinks, and other parties' supplies to their classrooms for all of the parties. In addition, they also required us to submit an excessive amount of paper supplies such as 4 large boxes of paper napkins, 4 large rolls of paper towels, and other school supplies that can be used by teachers for fheir personal uses at homes. Furthermore, teachers did not want to teach students anything weeks before X-mas, Spring Break vacations, and especially toward the end of school year.

St. Barbara Elementary School 2

Posted December 03, 2011
I graduated from St. Barbara's last year and transferred to this school a few years ago and compared to my old school, which was also a Catholic school, St. Barbara's lacked MANY qualities. First, there are VERY strict rules on your shoes (athletic shoes only; no vans, converse), you have to wear white crew socks or you'll get in trouble, there is no school gate, only these border things, so parents have to walk into the classroom to pick up their child. Some of the teachers are not very considerate and don't explain stuff through enough and expect you to know it. Some teacher qualifications are awful considering this is a private, Catholic school, not some public school. And some of the students that I've met have very ill manners. But some of the things I like about St. Barbara's is that if you're an 8th grader, you will get to go to Washington DC for a week near the spring time, and the history, math, and religion classes are excellent. But in my opinion, the english class didn't really prepare me for high school. Things that I have learned in the 7th grade at my old school were just introduced to the class in 8th grade.

Posted November 04, 2009
Both of my children attended St. Barbara School. They received a very good education and had no trouble maintaining good grades after entering high school (they went to a public high school). The teachers care about the students, and classroom instruction more than meets curriculum standards. The rules are strict, but it is a Catholic school where discipline and rules are emphasized. Uniforms are mandatory and the dress code is strictly enforced. In addition to regular schoolwork, my children participated in community service projects, learned computer skills, learned to be healthy individuals through their Physical Education class, learned about the Fine Arts (music/art), and received religious education.

Posted May 18, 2009

St. Barbara Elementary School 0

Posted April 10, 2009
I left this school because my student's need were not being met. Principal is insincere. Some of the teachers are okay but many lack compassion and competency. Was a great school 10-20 years ago but not now.

St. Barbara Elementary School 0

Posted February 19, 2009
New Principal this year is great. Teachers need to follow rules. Great admnistrative staff.

St. Barbara Elementary School
5306 West McFadden Avenue, Santa Ana, CA  92704
Last modified St. Barbara Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Barbara Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top