Posted June 03, 2014
Our Lady of Mount Carmel School has been fantastic for all of our 3 children. It is a safe nurturing environment with great teachers and principal. We love the family atmosphere and our children love the school.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2014
OLMC has been a great foundation school, however as the kids get to middle school age, the staff do not seem prepared to deal with tween issues appropriately.

Posted May 29, 2014
I attended Mt. Carmel school when I was young and now my son is enrolled & loving it! Academics are simply top notch as are the faculty and staff. The teachers are energetic, caring and take the time to truly get to know their students. The principal is wonderful -- a person of true integrity and morals, with love and care for each and every child's academic, emotional and spiritual well-being. Parental involvement is very much encouraged and seen daily. It is a special place that we know has made a tremendous difference in our son's and our lives.

Posted May 29, 2014
Mount Carmel is a fantastic school. The teachers are engaged and help every student reach their potential. The principal is outstanding. She knows each child by name and every family. She is extremely responsive to problems and instrumental in solving them with the students best interests in mind. Excellent academic reputation as well as an inclusive ,nurturing school community. Superior in every way.

Posted May 27, 2014
My children have attended Our Lady of Mount Carmel School for the last 4 years and we are very happy with the school. They are excited to go to school each day, are at the top of their class for math, are strong readers and enjoy many after school electives such as Academic Chess. Each year in the first semester parent teacher conference I am amazed by how well their teachers know them. The faculty and staff are extremely capable and caring. The school also has a wonderful community of parents & volunteers. Mount Carmel is exactly where your child needs to be if you believe "it takes a village" to help raise your child to be independent, caring & academically successful.

Posted May 27, 2014
We transferred our children 2 years ago to Our Lady of Mount Carmel School we are very satisfied with the change we made. We were welcomed by everyone and immediately felt a great since of community. We are impressed with the incredible leadership by the faculty and staff. They are engaged, prepared and very active during and after school hours. Our children are thriving and look forward to school everyday!

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Elementary School 2

Posted May 23, 2014
I enrolled my daughter 6 years ago, the first years were a blast. The last few years have been a nightmare. I was appalled by the faculty conduct. If your child does not fit into their "standard" consider your child the problem. And the faculty will treat your child as the "problem child". My daughter ended up developing severe anxiety, the school overlooked the situation. I have since removed my daughter and am still obligated to pay the remainder of the year.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Elementary School 3

Posted February 12, 2014
We were at this school for a short time - less than 2 years. There are several things that cannot be demonstrated from just the tour. The younger grades are very large, and the students are receiving very little personalized attention. Put simply, if your child does not fit in the box, then this school is not for you and nothing will be offered for you. You cannot question the program. You either accept fully or have to get out.

Posted February 08, 2014
We have been here for 2 years and I cannot type enough accolades for this school community. I say community and not just "school" because I feel it is truly a wonderful community of children, families, administrators and teachers that make up OLMC. I would invite everyone to do what we did: visit the campus, take a tour, watch the play ground, and watch how the children interact with one another when they are just being kids and you'll feel what I'm talking about. Academics are spot-on. Both my kids are excelling in a positive atmosphere and teachers/staff are always quick to respond and offer help when needed. We couldn't be happier at OLMC and I'm thankful every day to have found such an amazing community to be a part of and to have my children in. We are putting down deep roots!

Posted October 01, 2006
I cannot say enough about Mt. Carmel School. I attended Mt. Carmel when I was young, and the wonderful memories stayed with me. Two of my three children now are enrolled, and next year, all three of my children will be there. The academic programs are excellent. Spanish was added this year for all students K-8. They receive art, music, and P.E. regularly. The children all are part of a school family, which pairs one child from each grade K - 8, so the children all know, respect, and 'take care' of each other. I know my children's memories of Mt. Carmel school will be as unforgettable as mine are. The environment is a safe and happy one. Our family is very thankful that we have such an awesome school to send our children to.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel Elementary School
530 Hot Springs Road, Santa Barbara, CA  93108
Last modified Our Lady of Mount Carmel Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady of Mount Carmel Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top