No rating

Monticello Preparatory School

Private | K-10 | 17 students

Living in Santa Clarita

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $224,400. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,630.

Posted December 14, 2013

My daughter started with the Monticello in September/13 and I could not be happier. The Staff is amazing and so caring and the students really care and love each other. It's wonderful that I do not have to worry about paying extra fee for after care and even better to know that she will be doing amazing activities (horse back riding, tennis, gold, drama... the list goes on)... With the small classes I absolutely love the individual attention my daughter is receiving. She loves her field trips and I love the fact that I can pick her up from school and just enjoy the rest of the evening with her (homework is done at school). They have a different approach with sports and encourage drama and arts a lot ! I cannot say enough positive things about this school. I am at peace while at work and my daughter, for the first year ever, wakes up excited to go to school. oh, one very important thing: they do require uniform and are very restrict about it and I wish all the school in US would require uniform and cut the bullying to a very low number..... just saying...

Posted December 30, 2012

My daughter loves going to this school and the teachers are top notch. The activities and field trips keep kids interested and allow parents to get involved. Having parents that are interested in their childs education shows in the students that come to this school. I love taking the kids on field trips cause it allows me to show my daughter I care about her education. The small class sizes insure my daughter will get the attention she needs. That was what was most important to me. I get to see how much fun she has learning at school and it means a lot to me. All the kids at this school are great and my daughter gets along with everyone. I couldn't be happier sending my daughter here.

Posted August 4, 2012

I am so excited for school to begin because I just love Monticello! This will be my fourth year teaching here and I can t wait. This school is great is so many ways. Every year I am just amazed how much the students learn. Many of them are working above grade level and are also so eager to learn more. The teacher student ratio is no more than 1 to 12. How great is that! In addition to typical school subjects, students are also taught Music, Art, and Sports by professional teachers and coaches. To enhance learning, students participate in monthly field trips. We have visited many places such as the Science Center, La Brea Tar Pits, Getty Villa, Hollywood Bowl, Placerita Nature Center, Castaic Water Agency, Edwards AFB, Ronald Reagan Museum, and many more. Parents are welcomed into the school community and are offered various opportunities to volunteer and participate. Parents are also very aware of what their children are learning and how well they are doing because teachers send bi-weekly student reports home in addition to weekly newsletters. I am so happy to be able to be a part of Monticello and am looking forward to another great school year!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 27, 2012

I have both a son and daughter who have been attending Monticello for the past three years. The teachers are dedicated, hard-working professionals who not only teach the classes, but supervise after-school study hall. Due to the small class size and personal attention the students exceed expectations and are working above grade level every year. In addition to strong academics, my children both enjoy the equestrian classes as well as the tennis and golf programs. The school's administrator is accessible and responsive to the needs of parents and students. She promotes and displays Christian principles and values and is an excellent role model. The students at the school are well-behaved and respectful. Whenever we accompany them on a field trip or other public outing the people at the places we visit always comment upon how great the students are.

Posted June 27, 2012

Monticello Prep school has been a truly great learning environment for our daughter. She is currently working at a very high level for her age and continues to be challenged while not overwhelmed. The small student teacher ratio is really a plus.Her test scores were very high. She is excited and happy to go to school each day. I have been very impressed with the Core Knowledge Curriculum taught at Monticello. Our daughter also really enjoys the sports and other activities. She really enjoyed performing in the Spring play last year. Most important to me as a parent is the way staudents are encouraged to become good citizens and community leaders.

Posted June 18, 2012

Great school. Great curriculum. The Core Knwledge curriculum, in my opinion, provides an excellent academic education. Academics are balanced by sports and arts classes like tennis, golf, ice skating, horseback riding, art, music and theatre. The kids learn a lot and have fun doing it. My child has been very happy here and has learned so much. The teachers and leadership are devoted and responsive. I highly recommend this school!

Posted January 18, 2012

Our daughter is excelling in every aspect since being enrolled at Monticello. The school has a very committed and caring faculty that is easy to communicate with. Our daughter is anxious to go to school every day and is happy when she is picked up. The study hall is an excellent way to ensure that our child is getting the enrichment she needs to excel. The supervising teachers offer her the help on her homework that can only be provided from someone who understands the subjects in detail. Instead of spending that same time at home watching some mind numbing television program, our daughter is being enriched, allowing for less stressful, more quality family time. The principles of ethics and character are reinforced at Monticello. They are expected to behave to a higher standard, much as we as parents should expect. There is a strong sense of community with students, faculty and parents. Parental/family expectations were very clearly laid out at the beginning of the school year so there were no surprises, which make for a symbiotic relationship between parent and school. I can t imagine a better opportunity for any family than Monticello.

Posted January 17, 2012

We highly recommend Monticello Preparatory School! The 10:1 ratio allows the students to have their own Individual Education Plan. This ratio also allows for one on one time with their teacher which is instrumental in the child's education. We have seen remarkable growth in our son since he's been attending Monticello. He enjoys attending school and has a positive outlook on his education. The staff is very caring and nothing short of spectacular! Again we highly recommend this school.

Posted November 16, 2011

Our daughter has blossomed at Monticello. Before she came to this school, she was thinking along the lines of a Community College. Now that she is at Monticello, she is thinking Ivy League! She loves the school and is learning so much. It is amazing.

Posted October 4, 2011

What an AMAZING school. After trying 3 different schools (private and public) we have finally found a place that understands our sons unique gifts and academic talents. Monticello's outstanding and very caring teachers have done a wonderful job with helping our son stay focued, and how to push through work that is finally challenging him. As a result he loves school, gets amazing grades, and feels great about himself and the work he produces. This school is the whole package, incredible teachers and academics, wonderful judeo/christian morals and values, great field trips, and after school study hall (all included in the tuition). Best of all a thriving and happy child. We feel so blessed to have found this school!

Posted October 3, 2011

Monticello is a wonderful school. If your looking for something special in education this is the place. A ten to one teacher/student ratio allows for a true personalized education for the children. The children are also exposed to golf, horseback riding, ice skating and many other educational field trips. These extra activities are all included in the tuition. After researching several schools in the Santa Clarita Valley we have discovered that Monticello is the perfect setting for education.

Posted August 4, 2011

Well, I bumped into an old friend the other day. Our kids attended Monticello Prep School together. It was so nice to reflect on the wonderful times; from alll the eductional field trips to the well rounded education our children received. Actually, I find it quite intriguing when my son answers questions correctly on Jeopardy referring to Latin terms, or various historical eras. Thanks to the hard-working staff at Monticello, we are currently preparing for college.

Posted August 2, 2011

Many of the reviews here seem very questionable. My experience at Monticello wasn't anything like the 5 star reviews you read here. If you want the real truth, then here it is. Beware of paying the price in addition to a seemingly reasonable tuition. - We were obligated to doing all the fundraisers. If we weren't able to meet our goal, we're required to pay the full amount out of pocket. - Uniforms were close to $300. These are mandatory! - Students weren't able to take work home. - Teachers were never available to speak freely. Communication was done through admin. - Hours were long and children were required to stay for 'study hall'. - We were required to put in at least 10 hours per trimester. Difficult for full-time working moms such as myself. Otherwise there's a $500 fine. - Half of the students enrolled at the beginning of school quit. After finishing Monticello, I sought the advice of my child's new school counselor. To my dismay, I learned that my child was behind academically and had to catch up. My advice to anyone thinking of enrolling their child here: Please read the contract carefully before signing anything! You will pay a high price for any 'breech of contract'.

Posted August 2, 2011

I am so proud that my daughter attends Monticello. I am very confident that the education she recieves is exceptionally high. Their curriculum, the "Core Knowledge Curriculum," is respected by every teacher I know, and I do know quite a few teachers from public and private schools. The teachers at the school are kind, caring and very professional. They are always available to answer questions by phone, email. a meeting if you want. They also keep parents up to date on student progress by sending home progress reports frequently. We really love this school. Our daughter is always excited to go to school. She is working at a level that is a year beyond her grade. The Curriculum is exciting and interesting and the many field trips make it even more fun. We really love all of the activities that are available for parents to participate in. We love feeling part of a school community that we as a family help to create. We love being at the school helping alongside other parents and the teachers. For our family, that is a real plus. Our daughter loves the horseback riding and has become quite the golfer. We think Monticello is an amazing school. --Submitted by a parent

Posted July 14, 2011

Posted July 9, 2011

My child attended this school for one year, and while he enjoyed it, I was quite disappointed.One reason we chose this school was because it offered a private education based on "judeo-christian" principles, not a religious education. We later found that the children had to say prayers daily during morning ceremonies and mid way through the year the school called itself, "a mainstream christian environment." None of this was told to the parents. It was also nearly impossible to communicate with my child's teacher--they are not given email or phone access, so a note was required for any interaction, and it read by a 3rd party. I received almost none of his work throughout the year. Academically, my child learned a lot, however when we registered him at his new school, he required tutoring for the entire summer to be ready for the next grade--so he didn't learn what he needed to succeed elsewhere. We found the admin to be hard to work with. We couldn't get a return phone call when we asked, and there was an implied disapproval of us in more than one conversation. Tennis and rock band never happened, and when my son got his zip drive back at year's end, he said to me, "What's that?"

Posted February 18, 2010

Posted January 18, 2010

This school has been a great experience for our child on many different levels. The academic program is top notch. Teachers are devoted and caring. The administration is very responsive. The arts and sports programs are awesome. Our child is very happy here. Great school! Highly recommend

Posted December 29, 2009

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 11%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

24605 Valley Street