Bad
Good

Posted May 02, 2014
My son is just finishing up 7th grade at POCS. We've had nothing but good experiences here. Anytime he has fallen behind on an assignment or had a low grade, his home room teacher has been right there to get him back on track and the communication between his homeroom teacher to me to give me updates on his progress has been outstanding and so appreciated. I have 3 younger children who I will be sending to POCS from Jack London as well. This is a WAY better set up than Public Middle School. My oldest went to a local public middle school. Never again.

Posted August 27, 2013
Took my child out the top rated eastside school....was a terrible experience for her, felt very institutional and impersonal. Not a good fit for someone just turning 12 who is creative. You're expected to a peg in the hole they provide. Not so at POCS. A breath of fresh air with a real caring faculty. Be warned, you will be involved.

Piner-Olivet Charter School 3

Posted December 20, 2011
Will my 6th grade boy enjoy this school next year? We are wondering if this would be a good school for my boy. Do you have any suggestions for us?

Posted November 12, 2009
I love this school and I am currently in seventh grade and I've never felt this way in my whole life. I feel like when I move onto high school i will be prepared. The students that attend here have to do 25 hours of community service, the parents have to do 30. This school is not poor either, it has 30 macintosh laptops for every student to use .

Posted August 15, 2009
this is by far the best school i have ever attended and i'm excited to be moving on to 8th grade. the classes are small(20-25 kids per class) so the students get more attention than in a public school that has up to 30 kids in a class.

Piner-Olivet Charter School

Posted March 31, 2009
My son has enjoyed his 7th grade year at this school. His math and science teacher is his all-time favorite teacher. It is a small school which works great for my son. Overall I'm very happy with our experience here.

Piner-Olivet Charter School 2

Posted April 02, 2008
My daughter's grades went down significantly since she has been at this school. The teachers apply the hands off approach and expect the kids to be responsible, and they aren't always ready.

Piner-Olivet Charter School 3

Posted April 28, 2007
Middle school is a crucial age. The educational experience created by teachers forms the basis of a student's future career choices. Despite previous high grades and advanced scores on the yearly STAR test, my child's enthusiasm for Mathematics was destroyed by an instructor teaching Algebra for the first time here. A neat notebook, busy work called Math Steps (which can only be corrected at certain times in school), tests with 5 questions whereby missing more than 1 earns an F, are not criteria with which to measure Algebra comprehension. Other subjects and teachers were superior at this school. A teacher is only as good as his/her students' progress. Therefore, we are considering a school transfer so she can regain her confidence, interest, and good grades in the subject.

Posted January 27, 2005
Olivet was a wonderful experince for our son. He excelled in all of his subjects and I was allowed and even encouraged to be involved.

Posted August 19, 2003
The education my child has received has been stellar- private schools could not motivate or challenge as effectively, and the teachers are in tune with students. Parents are involved, administration is small and hands on,it could not be better.

Piner-Olivet Charter School
2707 Francisco Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA  95403-1869
Last modified Piner-Olivet Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Piner-Olivet Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top