Public charter
Santa Rosa, CA

Village Elementary Charter School 3

Posted December 02, 2014
We have a son and daughter that attend(ed) Village. It has really gone down hill. As another reviewer wrote, there is no discipline structure. Kids can (and do) get away with a lot more than they should. It is not the fault of the teachers, it comes from the administration, i.e.: principal. "Love the shoes, Clarice." When the kids are sent to her office, it's free time, no work for little Bobby, and no consequences. BTW, you are never quite sure who the teachers are going to be from one year to the next. Hmmm, I wander why? Drive down the road a little, it all trickles down. Time for a change, RVUSD.

Posted May 30, 2014
My two kids have been attending this school for three years and I have liked every single teacher they've had. Love this school.

Village Elementary Charter School 2

Posted May 25, 2014
There has been so many changes in the last few years and not positive changes. There is no effectual response to discipline problems. Teachers, as hard as they work, do not get back up when needed. The morale of the staff is extremely low. The students know that they will not be held accountable for their actions. It is sad. There are so many wonderful teachers and staff that love the students and if administration would step up, maybe the school could get back to being proud.

Posted January 18, 2014
Three kids through Village and our youngest just started middle school leaving us 3/3 having thrived in middle school because of being prepared well. If we had a do-over, we would happily choose Village again.

Posted November 14, 2012
I can not rave enough about this amazing school! We transferred into the school from another district and feel blessed to be a part of the school community. The Principal is dynamic, invested, focused and caring. The Teachers are superb. BUT, my FAVORITE thing about Village is the diversity! The families of Village truly represent the best of America: they stem from many backgrounds but are all focused on a successful and prosperous future for their children. A++++++++++

Posted August 12, 2011
Our school has experienced some challenging situations which have been blown out of proportion thru the use of social media. I, for one, wish to express my heartfelt support for the teachers, staff, and principal at Village Elementary. We all want the same things for our children; a safe learning environment and a quality education. Let's look forward to a great year, and do whatever we can to support our children, and our school.

Posted July 09, 2011
My son has received an outstanding education with an emphasis on reading and math. He has had quality teachers. He loves the science and the science lab. The leadership is effective and fair.

Posted July 08, 2011
A wonderful school. The teachers are dedicated to their students. The principal is approachable and involved with the students. The new office manager is helpful. My children love their school.

Posted March 05, 2010
My two daughters currently go to Village. We, too, had difficulties with the previous crazy principal, but luckily for us, she is gone and a new principal is there. She seems to be doing a great job. The teachers there really do care about your kids and offer them a chance at a good education/experience. Not to say that there aren't some exceptions to that, either...there are a couple of poor ones (but I think you'll find that everywhere).

Posted August 15, 2009

Village Elementary Charter School
900 Yulupa Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA  95405
Last modified Village Elementary Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Village Elementary Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top