Santa Rosa, CA
Students enrolled: 1,742

Montgomery High School 1

Posted August 07, 2013
Horrible academics. Old staff. Atrocious physical eduaction program led by the Infamous loud abonoxious bad mouthed Edward Sotto Martin. He has a horrible mouth and also has numerous complaints against him and the administration fails to to respond to any of them. He uses very vulgar and inappropriate language and as evidenced by is use of language sometimes believes he is a sailor. Maybe it is his bald head he may think he is popeye. Either way it is wrong. He also been known as a pervert who cannot resist take a look at young ladies who walk by his P.E. class. He also does not mind inapropriatly flirting with them,
2 people found this helpful

Montgomery High School 2

Posted March 25, 2011
As a 2010 IB grad, I know that Montgomery High seems great but ultimately dissapoints. Most teachers have very little enthusiasm for their jobs, and not much was done to prepare me for college despite my advanced placement. The IB program is so nitpicky that it's hard to get good grades, which makes it difficult to have a high GPA. There isn't even sports funding for anything but football anymore - trust me, I was captain of the swim team. Student gov//clubs aren't particularly active either, even if you can manage to find a teacher willing to be involved enough to sponser activities. People there don't seem to enjoy their extracurriculars for the most part anyway. (And don't let some of these reviewers fool you, socially the school's very clique-y and inhospitable.) Additionally, I witnessed many incidents of gang-related violence which left me feeling unsafe on campus (and I was not "that kind" of student). If you're looking for a good honors program for your high schooler, send them to Maria Carillo. Don't be fooled by the IB Program, even if it did make up for the lack of extracurriculars and unsafe school environment, it wouldn't be worth it.

Montgomery High School 1

Posted December 09, 2010
I have two girls at thus school and thus us the worst school I have everhad my children attend due to the administration and the lack of supervision on campus of the students. My girls are constantly being harrassed and treated unfairly by administration. I would not recommend this school.

Posted January 29, 2010
im a freshman and i couldnt have asked for a better school! the teachers are amazing (and funny) and i have so much fun at that school!

Montgomery High School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
I like the balance of academic versus athletic activities

Posted August 24, 2009

Posted May 20, 2009
I am a student at MONTY I am going to graduate this year! I think it is an excellent school! The teachers are wonderful they do help in what you need! If you have toooo much homework its because you might be in IB classes! But I know many people who were able to be in IB classes and Varsity sports that did excellent in both. Now they are going to Standford! I think its a great school from diverse backgrounds!

Montgomery High School 3

Posted January 16, 2009

Montgomery High School 3

Posted June 06, 2008
I have been a student at Montgomery Hight Schoo now for 3 years and I think that it's acadmemics are simply awful. Teachers are giving too much busy work and the students are not focusing enough time on learning things. Many teachers are bad at what they teach, and don't help the students, and don't quiz on what they are teaching. There are, of course, some teachers who teach very well. The math department is exceptional. Whereas History and Language (spanish and english are what I am speaking about) are almost a joke. More teaching and learning and less busy work. On the positive side, the school has many good sports programs, clubs, and other extracurricular activities. I would rate this school average, because that is what it deserves, nothing more, nothing less

Montgomery High School 2

Posted February 26, 2008
I'm a student of MHS and I feel that things could be and should be a lot better here. Examples... Teachers never notice the harassment that that takes place, the school puts profit before the health of the students and the quality of the food, etc. Things are just not how they should be at a school.

Montgomery High School
1250 Hahman Drive, Santa Rosa, CA  95405
Last modified Montgomery High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montgomery High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top