South Lake Tahoe, CA

Tahoe Valley Elementary School 1

Posted June 03, 2013
i think ms. Dant is amazing and the best teacher ever!, but i think the way the cafeteria is ran is the worst i have ever see, i sat in their for one entire lunch and i was amazed and disgusted by what i saw theY have the little kids waiting in line for over twenty minutes then when they get there food and go to their table the principle is telling them in less then a minute come on get done the bigger kids are coming most of the children don't even sit down because he is rushing them out and they get like three bites of there food if they can shove it in their mouth fast enough, i would like to shove it in his mouth that fast. truly not except able and the kids say its that way everyday, geez give these children time to eat, sitting down!

Posted August 14, 2009
This school has an outstanding variety of teachers who go above and beyond conventional teaching. This school has an outstanding blend of socioeconomic and ethinic diversity rarely found in South Tahoe. Children at the school are happy and well adjusted, eager to learn and supported in multiple ways. Teachers at this school incorporate foreign languages, music, art, sustainable living programs and much more...all with little or no support from the school board and superintendent, Dr. Tarwater. The principal is outstanding in his support of staff.

Tahoe Valley Elementary School 4

Posted May 02, 2008
The most recent posts were written during the year after our district closed two elementary schools. All the district's elementary schools were overcrowded. Learning was adversely affected. Since that time the district has reopened one school and instituted class size reduction in grades K-3. Now there are only 20 students in each K-3 class. My daughter is in first grade and has great teachers both this year and last. I think Tahoe Valley is a great school.

Tahoe Valley Elementary School 3

Posted March 31, 2005
My husband attended Tahoe Valley years ago. I have had one child graduate from there, one enrolled now and, two more growing old enough. What a difference a year can make. Tahoe Valley was an awesome school. Now with so many extra kids and few teachers it doesn't seem fair. NOT FAIR to the teachers, any of the staff, and not fair to my kids (or anyone else's). How are we supposed to meet state requirements when the workload has doubled! Please someone do something to help our kids...Our future depends on it.

Tahoe Valley Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2005
I am very unhappy with this school. My son's class has 32 students to one teacher. There is no time to provide learning to that many kids. Their day consists of a list of work sheets ('busy work'), and if they don't finish they aren't allowed recess! Nothing new and challenging is being taught to them. They don't work on computers, they don't learn about music or foreign languages or countries which all of these where taught at my son's old school. Another mother told me she was outraged when her son's teacher basically told her she, 'didn't have time to teach her son'! My son has been sent home with homework that they haven't even learned yet. It's very sad when you ask, 'what did you learn today?', and they reply, 'nothing', and that is the actual truth- they learned nothing- but, went over the same repetitive worksheets.

Tahoe Valley Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2005
I am very disapointed with this school. My son entered 2nd grade (relocating from another school) with a 3-4th grade reading level and sadly has not been challenged. They hardly learn anything other than the 'paper work' that they do all day. They aren't introduced to foreign language, music, or art, except for being allowed to draw if they finish all their worksheets for the day! There are too many kids in each class which basically provides the teacher to just maintain control of them, but no learning. We will be moving, and I can't wait to get to a new school, where maybe my son will be excited about learning again. This type of education may be acceptable if you just want a 'day-care' for your kids. The staff is very nice & caring, but I feel their hands are tied with that many kids.

Tahoe Valley Elementary School

Posted November 04, 2004
My child is attending Tahoe Valley Elementary School. I am disapointed there is no music or foreign language programs.

Posted June 13, 2004
My kids have been here for two years. We are sad we have to move from the area or they would be going to this school again next year. We have had a great experience at Tahoe Valley and can only hope that the new school will be as good.

Posted May 10, 2004
My child has been attending Tahoe Valley since Kindergarten and I love the care and love his teachers have shown throughout the years. The school has bent over backwards to try and help my son be a better person. I think this school is very nurturing. I feel academically every school in California is strapped and they depend more and more on parents help for education and support in extra-curricular programs. Mrs. Jackie Nelson (the principal) is the best and has always taken time for my son and I when needed.

Tahoe Valley Elementary School 4

Posted February 23, 2004
Overall I find the school to be average to below, each grade is one year behind major big city school when I first came here my children came home saying they allready learn the infomation last year at there old school. In talking to other people in big city I found out that the schools here are still behind other school.

Tahoe Valley Elementary School
943 Tahoe Island Drive, South Lake Tahoe, CA  96150
Last modified Tahoe Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Tahoe Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top