Public charter
Stockton, CA

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 03, 2015
They put too much rules enables for them to think for themselves. Let alone studying.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 03, 2015
They barley us home work let alone all the unnecessary work we have to do all day.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 03, 2015
They don't respect us because they throw some thing for the sake of themselves and not for the student.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted July 03, 2015
They gossip about personal business and they do not care about the students. They also throw event for the purpose of raising money for themselves not for the student.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 03, 2015
They barley give students homework and have no library. What school does not have a library? Let alone not having a gym, which increases which increase obesity in America.

Aspire Benjamin Holt College Preparatory Academy 1

Posted July 03, 2015
Aspire Benjamin Holt College Preparatory Academy has the worst education system ever. They make us do fundraiser to buy unnecessary that have nothing to do with school. They tempt to fool people into thinking they have the best education system in Stockton. However, our student does not think that it is because the curriculum they are setting is not being fulfilled. I do not recommend this school to anyone. -parent

Aspire Benjamin Holt College Preparatory Academy 5

Posted February 08, 2015
Ben Holt College Prep is a private school experience without the private school price. A quality school begins at the top. The leadership of the administration is innovative, open, dedicated, and jazzed about being in education. Jeff (principal), Joey (VP), and Liz (VP) work together to model enthusiasm, respect, and commitment to the education of every single student. My children attended River Oaks and then Ben Holt. They attended Aspire schools for all but three years of their K-12 education. This school challenges students. It is small enough to make sure no one is overlooked. If extra help with school work is needed, it is provided or at least offered. I never met such a caring and concerned group of adults in my life. I think the wait list speaks for itself. I believe there are at 1000 students on it. We need more Aspire schools!

Aspire Benjamin Holt College Preparatory Academy 1

Posted February 21, 2014
All three of my daughters attend this school and I have been consistently disappointed by their politics and unprofessionalism. Staff and teachers gossips about our personal business and can't help but be partial to our kids. They excuse all my daughters for their absence and tardies without any doctor's notes when they are with their mom but when they are with me they ask for doctor's notes or something in writing before they get excused. Also, they get very snotty when I am talking to them whereas they are very accommodating and friendly with my ex-wife. Our kids are consistently being asked to do fundraising and sell stuff that has nothing to do with school or their academics. This school is nothing but politics and full or unprofessional staff.

Aspire Benjamin Holt College Preparatory Academy 5

Posted July 23, 2012
I was an eighth grade last year and I love it. It was also my first year in that school. Going to Benjamin Holt increase my skills. With the help of my teacher I was able to pass my exhibition in the first try. My eighth grade teachers prepared me to go to high school and to believe in myself. They taught me to believe in my dreams and goals. Also everyone can get an education if we try.

Aspire Benjamin Holt College Preparatory Academy 2

Posted September 30, 2010
I used to go to ben holt, but recently left to go to a better high school. this school has an excellent teaching staff. the humanities department is one of the best in the state. However the administration is quite lacking. this school does not live up to the Aspire name. the teachers are treated with disrespect as are the students. the broken promises and ultra specific rules (the uniform policy being the worst) eerily and ironically remind me of communism. this would be a five star school with a new administration, more options for electives, and more freedom in general.

3201 East Morada Lane, Stockton, CA  95212
Last modified Aspire Benjamin Holt College Preparatory Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aspire Benjamin Holt College Preparatory Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top