Public charter
Stockton, CA

Aspire Port City Academy 1

Posted April 09, 2014
I will be pulling my children out. In the last few years the admin staff has proven itself to be rude to children, openly gossiping of parents and other staff, not educated, and getting paid for attending parent meetings; misuse of public funds. The teachers are great and unfortunately are caught between the proverbial rock and hard place. Please don't be expecting your personal information to be held in confidence. Not too many parents become involved for their own reasons but I am personally aware of many who have pulled their children out simply because of favoritism and bad administration. It was an excellent school the first few years and after that something went awry...sadly.

Posted March 04, 2013
I have two children who have been attending Aspire Port City Academy since they were in Kindegarten. My oldest is now in 5th and my son is in 4th..... The school staff are amazing. The office staff, teachers all seem to really get to know the students and parents. When ever I have a question they are quick to get me the answer. Our children spend most there time in school so its good to know that they have amazing staff members to assist and help them. I have three younger children lined up to attend. One will be attending this comming up school year. If you have a child that is in school then get them on the school waitlist.... The teachers and staff are there because they care not to just get paid..... I have heard stories about friends kids schools and I am so blessed to be part of a great school and surround my kids around morals and people who care.

Posted August 16, 2011
Selecting this school for my daughter has been one of the best decisions that I could have made. Port City is a wonderful school with excellent staff. I see my daughter being challenged, pushed, and encouraged to strive for excellence everyday. "College for Certain" is not just their motto, it's reality!!!

Posted April 17, 2011
The teachers are amazing and become family. Love the concept of loop teaching and the smaller class sizes. Huge emphasis on college prep and the future of the students. An excellent choice for my children!

Posted December 18, 2009
I love Port City, the staff is great and there are some special teachers there! My daughter loves her school, and is improving every day with her reading/writing/math skills. There is one downside... the location... not very desirable, hopefully the school will move to a better location!

Posted September 11, 2009
I love this school. I was just so lucky to find Port City when my daughter was going to begin Kindergarten. Now she is in the Second grade. I couldnt have found a more perfect fit!

Posted August 12, 2009
The school is great, I love it and my kids love it.

Posted November 02, 2008
My child is a fifth grader in Mrs Sheideman's class.I am highly impressed with how caring/dedicated she is. The school principal- Mr.Solena is awesome. He seesms to know all the kids by name even those with uncommon names like mine.My child loves going to school every day due to the support/nurturing she gets from the staff as well as her peers. All these allayed the apprehension we had when we decided to drive her across county line to attend this school three months ago. What a great school!

Posted October 08, 2008
I am a parent of a 5th grader and attending this school was the best thing that we could have done for him. After attending another school in the SUSD for k-4th, the change was like day and night. His improvement has exceeded my expectations. Great school and the principal is great!

Aspire Port City Academy
2040 West Lane, Stockton, CA  95205
Last modified Aspire Port City Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aspire Port City Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top