Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted January 13, 2016
My son was told, in front of me, by a teacher, if another student gets hit it's not his business and he should ignore it.

Aspire Port City Academy 2

Posted January 13, 2016
The parking lot is HORRIBLE and they know it, so they tell you to park in the private lot next door. Do that, and the owners will lock you in. The street is a mess. If your child has any sort of disability the school will let you know they're a problem. Very unsafe dismissal routine, and there are some teachers I hope find their true calling because it's not teaching.

Posted September 07, 2015
Poor management between staff and teachers. High turn over rate, tons of homework packets for kids that are never collected by the teacher, teachers will complain to parents about any little thing. I was told that it was a good school and I've had nothing but horrible experience since the first day of school. My child has been in school for one month and has been picked on by staff and teacher. My child has been denied lunch on several occasion and has came home hungry and crying that the staff are mean.

Posted July 22, 2015
Port City Academy from what I've heard was a good school. Unfortunately, too many good teachers have left the school creating an inconsitent positive enviornment for students.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted July 21, 2015
Too much meaningless worksheets and packets for students to complete even during summer break. This school is great if your child likes working on worksheets and packets to keep them busy during the week.

Posted January 06, 2015
This school has a very high turn over rate for teachers. All of the experienced teachers have left the school and my child was stuck with a substitute teacher who also has quit because of non support from the principal. All of the unruly kids were in her class, and all they did was sit and write sentences for punishment. Do NOT enroll your child at this school. You are better off going to a regular public school. I rate it a one star, but if I could this school would receive a no stars at all.

Posted April 09, 2014
I will be pulling my children out. In the last few years the admin staff has proven itself to be rude to children, openly gossiping of parents and other staff, not educated, and getting paid for attending parent meetings; misuse of public funds. The teachers are great and unfortunately are caught between the proverbial rock and hard place. Please don't be expecting your personal information to be held in confidence. Not too many parents become involved for their own reasons but I am personally aware of many who have pulled their children out simply because of favoritism and bad administration. It was an excellent school the first few years and after that something went awry...sadly.

Posted March 04, 2013
I have two children who have been attending Aspire Port City Academy since they were in Kindegarten. My oldest is now in 5th and my son is in 4th..... The school staff are amazing. The office staff, teachers all seem to really get to know the students and parents. When ever I have a question they are quick to get me the answer. Our children spend most there time in school so its good to know that they have amazing staff members to assist and help them. I have three younger children lined up to attend. One will be attending this comming up school year. If you have a child that is in school then get them on the school waitlist.... The teachers and staff are there because they care not to just get paid..... I have heard stories about friends kids schools and I am so blessed to be part of a great school and surround my kids around morals and people who care.

Posted August 16, 2011
Selecting this school for my daughter has been one of the best decisions that I could have made. Port City is a wonderful school with excellent staff. I see my daughter being challenged, pushed, and encouraged to strive for excellence everyday. "College for Certain" is not just their motto, it's reality!!!

Posted April 17, 2011
The teachers are amazing and become family. Love the concept of loop teaching and the smaller class sizes. Huge emphasis on college prep and the future of the students. An excellent choice for my children!

2040 West Lane, Stockton, CA  95205
Last modified Aspire Port City Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5