Stockton, CA

Oakwood Elementary School 2

Posted March 17, 2015
My son is in 6th grade. They do NOT have enouigh supervision on campus. Fights break out IN THE CLASSROOM and they have a below average API rating and yet my sons teacher has the audacity to put little to no effort in on making sure the kids understand the assignments she gives. Too many subs and too much emotion. My son comes home telling me all the time the personal nonsense teachers talk to the class about. GET IT TOGETHER MY TAXPAYING DOLLARS ARE BEING WASTED HERE

Oakwood Elementary School 1

Posted April 02, 2014
They're not trying hard enough. My brother has had 2 different teachers and various subs in between as soon as he started his first year of 1st grade. His homework before was too much, now there's nothing, but read some words, are you serious? Children are great learners if there's actual effort put in from the teachers. It's a shame.

Posted January 02, 2014
I have two boys. They are 18 and 22. They went to Oakwood and that was the best school ever. They loved it and I loved the staff.

Posted July 02, 2012
Lots of parental volentears. Great responce to parental issues. Up to date technology in the classroom.

Oakwood Elementary School 4

Posted September 14, 2010
My daughter began Oakwood in Kindergarten and she soared as a student. I know the Teachers are what make the difference along with parent participation. I asked her K teacher for a recommendation for her 1st grade teacher, and we got the best. My daughter loves school, and although some of the kids can be rough, she's learning that part of socialization as well. The test scores have improved and that is a great sign.

Oakwood Elementary School 4

Posted June 04, 2005
Very Good school, nice administration

Posted January 31, 2005
I think that Oakwood School is a great school for kids. The school is well kept and the staff is great. However I do wish that the tutoring program would help the students with their homework problems because that is what they are learning at the time, rather than just focus on Math and Reading in general which gives the children double work because they come home and have to do other work and to me makes them feel overwelmed. Other than that it really is a good school.

Oakwood Elementary School
1315 Woodcreek Way, Stockton, CA  95209
Last modified Oakwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top