No rating

Sierra Christian School

Private | K-8

Living in Stockton

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $85,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $820.

Sweep tile

Posted April 5, 2011

We love Sierra Christian School. There are many reasons why we chose, and continue to choose, to send our child there: the principal and teachers know each student by name, academics are held to a high standard, the school is accredited, and the morning pledge of allegiance, patriotic song, and prayer are wonderful additions that are not found in the public schools in Stockton. This school is worth the sacrifices we make to send our child to Sierra!

Posted September 27, 2010

Sierra Christian school has been around for over 30 years- if you want to be apart of a great school, staff and school family- this is the place to be. There is no wounder to why this school has been around as long as it has and I am sure it will be around until the end of times. The teachers are excellent, strong and sound as well as the Principal who by the way knows each child by there name- his leadership speaks for it self. The academic program just keeps getting better and better. We have been to other school and you can get any better then what Sierra Christian school has to offer. Parents you dont have to worry about dropping your child at the door you are just as welcome as your child. Thank you SCS the light you give to a dark world.

Posted September 14, 2010

I thank God each and every day that I am blessed to be a part of Sierra Christian School, and have been for many years. It is amazing to see the work that God has done here. He has brought together an amazing staff and famlies to carry out His mission. It is a blessing to see the lives that are being changed here, academically and spiritually. God bless Sierra Christian School! Go Eagles!

Posted August 9, 2010

Warning!!! If you only care about academics then you're probably OK. If you care at all about ethics then avoid this school like the plague.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 11, 2010

SCS is an awesome school! Every year there s something better. The teachers are nurturing and loving, but they mean business when it comes to the student s academics, conduct, and growing Christians. They acknowledge a child s success and improvements with quarterly ceremonies. They have spelling bees, science fairs, sports teams, and a variety of clubs. Making the switch to Sierra Christian was the best decision we could have made for her elementary education. We are confident she will be well prepared for high school.

Posted January 22, 2009

SCS is the best of the best. The teachers are phenomenal (and credentialed). The administration and staff is helpful, organized, conscientious and personable. The facilities are safe and comfortable. The parents are energized and involved. The students have a well rounded academic curriculum as well as computers and Spanish. Their extra curricular programs include: sports, music, dance, journalism, computer club and rocket club. Check out SCS and experience the difference! www.scseagles.net

Posted January 22, 2009

This is my daughter's first year at Sierra Christian. She is in the first grade. I am delighted to see Christian teachers who spread knowledge of not only academics but also Christianity. Every morning, the students participate in the Pledge of Allegience, a patriotic song, and prayer. God is at work at Sierra Christian. The students constantly learn to be effective communicators, growing Christians, critical thinkers, academic achievers, and partners! Thank God for Sierra Christian!

Posted January 14, 2009

I have two children at Sierra Christian. It has been the best decision I have ever made. I have never been in a parent/teacher conference where I was brought to tears by the love these teachers have for my children. It is something I have never experienced before. They truly care. Children are challenged, motivated and encouraged. The principal and staff are very caring and have made my family feel welcomed. My children actually enjoy going to school and I no longer have to battle with my 1st grader to get ready in the mornings. :)

Posted December 11, 2008

My son's preschool was a warm and welcoming place. I wanted that same feel and I found it when I went to an open house at Sierra. From the administration to the teachers to the support staff...everyone knows the children by name. They are teaching are children how to live like Christ as well as the State Standards. For those who want more information, might I suggest talking with the Principle? As soon as you arrive, you will have the feeling that your child will be in the best learning environment that Stockton has to offer.

Posted October 5, 2007

I have 3 children and all have gone to Sierra Christian School. Thanks to all the teachers and staff they have not only taught my children but take extra steps to motivate, encourage, and support them. The staff is attentive and ready to assist. People notice that my children carry themselves differently from most children their age. Their character and ability to talk to adults and carry knowledgeable conversation is because of their source of education. The school has many sports programs available. Majority of parents are involved.

Posted July 8, 2007

My son loves the school,before attending Sierra my son did not enjoy going to school or his teachers. He now ask me on the weekends if he can go to school. His 'k' teacher enjoys teaching and gave the kids a lot of confidence.

Posted June 21, 2005

Sierra Christian is an answer to prayer. I moved my children here half-way through the fifth grade. It was the best decision I ever made. They are both happier than they ever were in public school.

Posted March 29, 2004

Sierra Christian School is a great school. The staff and teachers are wonderful. There is a difference at Sierra that other Christian schools don't have. There is a good Christian atmosphere too.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 22, 2003

My family picked this school because its affiliation with the church we belong with. Our biggest mistake was not doing our research before enrolling our kids. My kids teachers are great though they don't share the same beliefs, academically they did their job well. But if you are looking for a school mainly for academics not biblical principles it will be a good school for anyone. The only Christian [aspect] about this so called Christian school is their weekly memory verses.

Ethnicity This school
Two or more races 2%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Church of christ
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

4368 North Sutter Street