Posted September 24, 2014
This school is not equipped to conduct TK classes. The TK teachers at Nimitz seem inexperienced and lack the know-how of dealing with 4-5 year olds. We are surprised with school's liberal policies when it comes to physical bullying. There's a lot of hitting and pushing in all 3 TK classrooms that the school does not wish to acknowledge. Its sad that Nimitz was chosen as one of the TK centers.

Chester W. Nimitz Elementary School 2

Posted June 22, 2014
This is a response to "A parent " who talked about the bullying problem in March 2014. Your situation is not alone. We used to attend Nimitz and chose to leave when the school didn't deal with the situation quickly and fairly. The situation lasted for more than 6 months and still wasn't dealt efficiently. My kid was miserable during that whole year. I should have pulled him out sooner! I think you did the right thing to pull your kid out of there abruptly! We transferred to another public school. Let me tell you this, not every school deals with the bullying situation the same way. After transferring to the new school only for a month, I knew my son will be safe in that environment. Whenever there was teasing or bullying, the teacher will call out both parties and also "all" (no kidding) the bystanders and witnesses to make sure the situation is clearly understood. When dealt this way, all students knew no one can be immured of punishment for being a bully and all students will feel safe. In my experience, Nimitz didn't deal with it this way. The principal at the new school is absolutely wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better one!

Chester W. Nimitz Elementary School 3

Posted March 06, 2014
My son has always enjoyed learning here. Teachers are kind, dedicated, and creative. However, in 1st grade, my son was physically bullied by his friend multiple times. The kid and his parents were given warnings under the table but that was it. Although physical bullying stopped, this kid turned hostile - he made nasty comments and even threats to my son. The other kids were clueless as to what happened. We reported him again but it didn't help. Worse yet, more kids including my son's friends joined in the teasing as if showing off. After months, my son was so frustrated that he did not want to go to school anymore. So we left abruptly. To be fair, this problem may not be unique at Nimitz. Because of large class size and shorter school days, there is little room for character education. Kids could be picking up values from the corrupted media. And when something happens, the school's response is indifferent, inadequate, ineffective, and invisible. We moved the kids to a small Christian school. He liked God's rules and appreciates daily behavior checks. After our bad experience at Nimitz, all is not lost. We learnt to be very appreciative of a positive learning environment.

Posted February 09, 2014
This School is Very Good.My son likes it very much.They focused on reading.teacher is very good.Take care of every single child.

Posted November 26, 2013
This is a great school.The kids do their reading, writing, and arithmetic, while also not skimping on coordination development, science, art, and creativity.

Posted October 22, 2013
Nimitz is a fantastic school. The teachers are awesome, very involved and caring. The academics are focused on.They have Raz -Kids for reading, Step into Writing, reading groups (RTI), The new principal and asst. principal are doing a great job. Extra Curricular activities like Running Club, PE, Music, Art, Library, Field trips, etc and After school programs like Fun on the Run, and others offered by Cupertino Parks and Recreations The diversity is celebrated in this school. PTA organizes Movie Nights, Science nights, Halloween, Multi-cultural Holiday celebrations, Walkathons, Bake Sale etc. My daughter has been here since K and is very happy.

Chester W. Nimitz Elementary School 3

Posted January 10, 2013
In my experience with schools that rank ten thye fully meet the childs academic growth with the parent and do not complain about communication or delay to respond to parent communication. My first experience and my daughters first experiemce with a school below ten has proven to be less then that ten for many reasons other then what the district tells you when your neighborhood school is full. My daughters neighborhood school is a ten but she can t go becasue it is full. I can tell tje difference big time between eight and ten schools.

Posted September 05, 2012
The school staff doesn't care for the kids education........all they think about is the money they're getting from the state, they don't care if you transfer your kids to different school they know that NO SCHOOL accepts Inter-district transfer. Cupertino district still getting paid even though my kids are in a different school.

Posted September 05, 2012
School Staff not very helpful, Inconsiderate of parent Concern. I wish I lived in a different district so my children can go to a nicer school.

Posted August 12, 2012
My son will enter the 4th grade now. All teachers he had are very professional, dedicated and caring. I do not know if all the schools in our district have the RTI program in language arts. Nimitz school runs it for 3 years now, and I love this approach. There are 3 levels at which Language Arts are taught. Children who need more help are placed in smaller groups and get more attention to learn to read better. The stronger students are also grouped together, so the can advance faster and have more challenging projects. I am also impressed with the ways and level that Math and Science are taught. Please do not judge this school solely on the test scores. The school serves a diverse community and it is an ELD center as well.

Chester W. Nimitz Elementary School
545 East Cheyenne Drive, Sunnyvale, CA  94087
Last modified Chester W. Nimitz Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chester W. Nimitz Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top