Sunnyvale, CA

San Miguel Elementary School 3

Posted June 03, 2013
There is far too much concern about safety. I understand that they don't want the kids to be hurt but not allowing them to play tag or any contact sport whatsoever is just setting them up for failure in my opinion. Far too strict about kids being kids. When these kids grow up without any life experience and they're still living at home you only have yourself to blame. I love the school but the district is forcing them to follow ridiculous policies and a lot of these parents that want to the school to raise their children for them are cowards.

Posted January 14, 2013
I feel very lucky to have my two children attending San Miguel Elementary School. My son's in the 4th grade and my daughter's in the 3rd; both have been there since Kindergarten. The teachers, staff, and principal are extremely dedicated to the success of every child there. The Parent Association is solid and supports the teachers' efforts 100% with respect to extracurricular education activities. The student-to-teacher ratio is exceptional! Each student gets the attention they deserve. Student morale is high and misbehavior is low (very low). I feel that my kids are completely safe at this school and even if I moved out of the district, I would be hard pressed to want to pull my kids out of this great place.

San Miguel Elementary School 1

Posted July 30, 2012
This school has always been a disappointment. It is an eye sore in my community, with a focus no test scores not children.

Posted June 24, 2011
I have had two children attend San Miguel, and I have been amazed at their level of academic achievement. San Miguel has a tremendous teaching and leadership staff. The teachers that my children had in each grade really cared about my children and their learning. Although the school has lower API scores than some of the schools in the district, this is not reflective of the teaching that happens in the classroom. Both of my children graduated from San Miguel reading above a 12th grade level, and scored very high on the STAR tests each year. Many parents worry about their child being challenged in a school that has lower API scores, but my children were challenged consistently throughout their time at San Miguel. Teachers took the time to provide all levels of learning for all students that challenged them to be their best. I also really liked the uniform policy, and felt the school did a great job with discipline issues as well. Overall, my children received an excellent education at San Miguel, and they were well-prepared for the challenges of middle school and beyond.

Posted June 13, 2011
We have been thrilled with our son's progress at San Miguel - he loves school and is thriving in a supportive environment. He is above grade level in all of his academic subjects. The teachers we have had are amazing and must be among the best in the District and they work well as a team. The PTA has been fabulous and the bi-lingual environment and "Peace Keeper" philosophy create an environment where differences are respected and celebrated positively. We were hesitant to enter SM at first, but now are so happy that we have been able to be part of the San Miguel school community. Go Sharks!

Posted May 26, 2011
My child entered San Miguel at the kindergarten level. We've had a great experience here! We've had fantastic teachers and a very positive experience working with the staff and principal. The best endorsement I can offer as a parent is my child's stellar academic progress. My son loves the school.

Posted August 27, 2009
This school is AMAZING! What a difference from just a couple of short years ago. The test scores are now the most improved in the whole district. Recent grants have allowed SM to expand its Science and Athletics programs. I'm verry happy to have both of my kids there now.

San Miguel Elementary School 2

Posted April 22, 2008
This school doesn't seem to allow any fun. The children aren't allowed to dress up for Halloween, there are rarely any assemblies and the PTA is totally unorganized. The teachers are great but they have an uphill battle with all of the non English speakers. This school needs a new direction.

San Miguel Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2008

San Miguel Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2007
Thie school is trying too hard to raise their scores,they have lost the compassion for younger kids. A big dissappointment.

San Miguel Elementary School
777 San Miguel Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA  94085
Last modified San Miguel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
San Miguel Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top