Sunol, CA

Posted August 28, 2014
feels like a private school. outstanding teachers (at least for K-1). daughter loves the school and can't wait to go each morning!

Posted October 27, 2013
This is an amazing school where the principal loves the children and is always keeping the faculty on top of new and innovative learning. The school is smaller and the kids get great individual attention. This school honors the importance of art in their curriculum. Amazing! Love this place!

Sunol Glen Elementary School 4

Posted September 24, 2013
Sunol Glen Elementary School has excellent teachers & staff. The students learn by creating meaningful projects and presenting the information to their fellow students. This school has a great art program and really encourages students to broaden their outlook on life by painting, drawing, & sculpting. The atmosphere is friendly and warm. Teachers welcome parents to participate and get involved.

Sunol Glen Elementary School 4

Posted September 24, 2013
This is the best public school with a private feel around. I moved to this community to make sure my kids could go to this small school with small class sizes. Now people drive their kids from miles around so their children can attend this awesome school. A school where everyone knows each child by name. A school that still has art, music and drama! A school where parents make a difference with awesome administration.

Posted September 23, 2013
Sunol Glen School is truly amazing and as we like to say, our pseudonym is 'Sunol Gem'! The staff and administration are caring, respectful, dedicated and loving. The exact place parents would like to bring their kids and feel safe and secure knowing their children are in great hands! The parent involvement is truly phenomenal and responsible for a number of great opportunities for the children's learning experience. I can't say enough about how wonderful this school is!

Posted July 28, 2013
My daughter has attended Sunol Glen For 7 years. We have had some bumps along the way. At one point I went to change her school and started to research and tour the alternatives. I realized that Sunol is a gem compared to all the school I looked at in Fremont area. Mr.Wheeler is a fantastic all around teacher. When I say all around I mean he really cares about the kids personally. He is not just focused on start test and grades. When a child is having a bad day he gets it and does not make them wrong for having real human emotions that fluctuate at the 6th grade level. We also adore Mrs. Mayer as a teacher. She was very loving as well and had some awareness in regards to not feeling the kids with sugar filled treats. We have made so many wonderful life long friendships through this school. Its not perfect and they have to follow good old California's many many ridiculous rules with that being said when it comes down to it they are much better then the rest on all fronts! Except the junk food.....

Posted March 14, 2013
My children have been attending Sunol Glen School for 11 years and I have been very happy with both the academic and social aspects of their education here. The school's not perfect, and the transition in administration has had bumps in the road, but the students are well-rounded and happy, the teachers excellent, and the environment safe and friendly. Two of my children have gone on to high school and have proven to be well prepared academically and, though the switch to larger class sizes and a huge student population was jolting, they benefited from maturity and confidence gained in the stable environment of Sunol Glen School. We are lucky to have stumbled upon this tiny, great school!

Posted January 02, 2013
I attended Sunol Glen Elementary in 1974, my kindergarten year. My teacher, Mrs. Fries, is in my memory as my favorite teacher ever. She was kindhearted, gentle, encouraging... and she taught me how to tie my shoes. This is a huge milestone for a 5-year-old child :) I love Sunol Glen and have very fond memories. It's the best school I ever attended!

Sunol Glen Elementary School 3

Posted October 09, 2012
I would have given the school a higer score as there are many good teachers, and one who is one of the best teachers I have ever met (hisname is Mr. Ferrera) he is the most engaging speaker I have met in years and as such has no problem grabbing and keeping the children's attention. He is a teacher who can be and is firm when the need araises, and yet will listen to what the children have to say. The school is a wonderful small school and as such does not have the issues that a larger middle school has. (Sex, drugs, and gangs are not to be found) Too bad the principle is so unfair in how she treats the children. If you have a lot of money to give the school or you teach there your child is treated fairly. If not, when your child has a problem it is always their word against the others and nothing ever happens. Also as for the math program, well in 2011 and 2012 out of 25 children each year only about 4 got it and they were the four who could learn it on their own and this year they are sending them home with a dvd to learn the math on their own and going over home work in class. Yep thats right the teacher does not teach them math they learn at home with their parents?

Posted May 14, 2012
We have been at this school for 8 years. As an educator, I know the amazing, well-rounded education my children are receiving on a daily basis. The students are thriving in this safe, well balanced environment. I am very active in the classrooms on a weekly basis and I am constantly impressed by the high quality of their education. The students still experience very low class sizes in the k-3 grades. All students have at least one period a week of Music and Art with credentialed teachers. We have an incredible interactive Math program, ST Math, in the computer lab for k-5th grades. It makes me sad to see reviews that don't focus on the whole picture, rather on the one thing that made them mad. If I had to do it all over, i would choice Sunol glen without hesitation.

Sunol Glen Elementary School
11601 Main Street, Sunol, CA  94586
(925) 862-2026
Last modified Sunol Glen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunol Glen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 76 reviews. Top