Thermal, CA
Students enrolled: 2,674

Posted January 16, 2012
Coachella Valley High School is an amazing school. It has plenty of clubs that students can be in. They try to get their students involved in everything. If the students were bad, then don't blame it on the school, teachers, and the district. Yes, there is going to fights everywhere you go. There is going to be drama, unfriendly boys and girls, and mean teachers. But they say that Coachella doesn't learn anything and I'm pretty sure that more students graduate at C.V then at some other schools. I'm not saying that C.V.H.S is the best school out there, but they do show that they care and I love that about my school. Yes, I'm a student there. A.S.B Freshmen class treasurer. I wouldn't trade my school for any other one, but I'm pretty sure Indio, Shadow Hills, Palm Springs, Palm Desert, La Quinta, and Desert Mirage's students would say the same thing, but that's all pride. Thank you, the student.

Posted May 21, 2011
Coachella valley high school is the best!!I have been in many other high schools around california and without a doubt cvhs is the best high school ever.Teachers always try the best to do good and to persuade their own students to do good..The problem in this high school and in the rest hs of the whole world are the students.They dont really care about their academics..Everything is given to them in order to be sucessful, the problem is that they dont know how to use those privilages..So far my teachers have been the best and they are always there for me.In my opinion cvhs has everything a student needs in order to suceed in life.

Posted October 16, 2010
Well Coachella Valley High School has its negatives and positives, like any other school. The negatives are that they have teachers who do not know how to teach the subject they are teaching and the students suffer because nothing is being done. Parents do not get involved and when students complain they are not heard. Also, there are teachers there who are disrespectful to students and think they can digrade them infront of other students, which is wrong. The counselors fail to give you the classes you need not only to graduate, but to be admitted into colleges. These requirements are crucial and most students do not know which classes are required to be eligible so when it is time to apply, they are denied. This high school needs a better system. Stop worrying so much about discipline because not all alumni have the same mentality. Focus greatly on academics!
2 people found this helpful

Coachella Valley High School 4

Posted January 14, 2008
I love my school and i feel extremely safe. I agree that a student can learn wherever as long as the want to. Sure were not the best with our test scores but our counselors and teachers are constantly telling us that we should go to college. There are pamphlets in the counciling office and scholarship information there too. The Catch the Dream program is all about going to college and how to prepare you. So if the student wants to go then they will.

Posted January 12, 2006
Overall the quality of this school is poor, they need to be more strict and carry more classes that will improve the students learning capabilities. They need to improve also on the Instructors, most of them are of very poor quality and need to get actual Instructors who do care about the students and their learning abilities.

Coachella Valley High School 4

Posted June 01, 2004
It is a good school, it prepared me for college with a full ride I may add. The student's must make the best of it, you cannot blame the teachers or counselors if a student does not go on to the university level, that begins at home. When bad things happen CV usually gets the bad rap all the time, when I am sure the same things happen at other desert schools they just go unreported. It is a safe campus but they do need some better leadership in there. There are many opportunities and info for not only people interested in going on to college, but also vocational training you can receive as a part of ROP or through The Partnership Academy. It's up to the student to take the initiative and be proactive.

Coachella Valley High School 2

Posted May 25, 2004
Well, what I noticed at C.V. is that if you are considered to have 'potential' you automatically receive far more encouragement to attend a 4-year university. Thus, you will be guided to enroll in college prep courses and given information about going onto college, and your teachers are always willing to help out. On the other hand, if you are not enrolled in college prep courses you are somewhat ignored by your counselors and teachers. These students are not given the information nor the encouragement they need to go on and attend higher education. I was among the few encouraged to go onto to college, in several occasions I noticed peers had absolutely no idea about college requirements or even high school graduation requirements for that matter. This school should stop picking on the few good apples and excluding the rest.

Posted January 29, 2004
my child is now enrolled in college and is doing a good job. besides the students have to take the initiative to attend college, not the teachers. in addition i am very thankful to the teachers and especially the migrant ed program.

Posted January 10, 2004
Teachers and couselors do a poor job on encouraging or providing infomation for post high school education. % of Freshmens graduating high school is poor. # of graduates going on to a 4 year University is even worst. Main problem is Teacher counselors not doing their job in providing and encouraging student onto a 4 year institution. The opposite happens, Students are discouraged and given non college prep courses. Even I had problems in a 4 year institution because of below avegage teachers and below average curriculum.

Coachella Valley High School
83-800 Airport Boulevard, Thermal, CA  92274
Last modified Coachella Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coachella Valley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top