Madrona Elementary School 1

Posted May 09, 2013
We chose which home to purchase when we relocated to the area based on the wonderful reviews of this school. We were very disappointed for two reasons. 1) The teacher to student ratio for grades 4 and 5 is 35:1. The lower grades has a better ratio of 25:1. With those ratios, and one teacher in the classroom, students fall through the cracks. 2) The second reason is the moral fiber of the school is low. Things go missing out of desks and backpacks and there is no interest in addressing the problem. The reply is "get better at protecting your stuff". Bullying on the playground is also very prevalent. The yard duty does try to help, but lots of bullying goes unnoticed. The reason they got the Distinguished School award is because a nearby school was closed and the students were integrated into this school. The test scores were very low the first year of integration. To the school's credit, they managed to enable the integrated student's success and the test scores got back to normal. The drastic improvement in standardized test scores is why they got the award.

Posted August 30, 2012
We love this place! Our son is starting the 1st grade this year, and we have found the teachers, staff, and principal to be very involved, very caring, and very knowledgable about our child as an individual. Our son was there for Kindergarten in an integrated class with typical kids and special needs kids. Amazing teachers, amazing children (with and without special needs), amazing aids. This school is teaching kids more than just academics...they are teaching tolerance and understanding, and they are building character. We could not be more proud to say our son attends this school.

Posted August 21, 2012
This school is amazing. We have had such awesome teachers. Mrs Baird and Mrs Cole are simply incredible. We can't believe we used to pay for private school!!!!

Posted August 21, 2012
I love my school. I am in the 5th grade and have been here since kindergarten. I have learned so much.

Posted August 21, 2012
When we moved to our new house we were not sure what to expect from our neighborhood school. Madrona has been a great place for our family.

Posted August 20, 2012
I have three children at Madrona and have been thrilled with the programming they have received. The office staff is amazing too.

Posted August 20, 2012
Madrona has been a wonderful place for our family! We feel lucky to be a part of the community.

Posted August 20, 2012
Great PTA. Great teachers. Great kids. Great office staff. Distinguished School in 2012. Madrona is awesome!!!!

Posted February 03, 2012
As a grandparent of ne of the students in your care, I just wanted to say "thanks" for caring so much about your precious little ones. It must be quite a challenge today to serve all the needs of parents and students, but I wanted you to know we noticed! You are awesome: teachers, adminstrators, office staff, after school care. We really appreciate your hard work. It has not gone unnoticed! F.O.R. 1

Madrona Elementary School 3

Posted October 05, 2010
Quite frankly, I have been disappointed and wish I would have sent my son somewhere else. The school seems so big and impersonal, and has lost the character that it used to have a reputation for. I know other parents last year that wished they would have done the same, but we will stick out the next few years to see if anything changes. I had hoped our neighborhood school would have been less snobby, too.

Madrona Elementary School
612 Camino Manzanas, Thousand Oaks, CA  91360
Last modified Madrona Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Madrona Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top