Upland, CA

Cabrillo Elementary School 2

Posted August 28, 2015
This is my child's 2nd year here and he loves attending Cabrillo. I also love the fact that he does, until my perspective of how I felt about this school changed when I received a voice message a week before school started and on the first day. Everything is so unorganized and unprofessional from the day I received a voice message from which I believe it was the principal stating school will start on Aug. 24. As I recall the message was " Cabrillo Students, this is (name was unclear) school starts on August 24th, see you sharply". The message was not very welcoming and unprofessional in my opinion. On the first day of school their are two men standing in front of the school and did not greet me but yet greeted other parents?! On the second day I seen who I know of now Principal Verdi who was not welcoming, she stood in front of the school speaking to the two men that were standing the day before who didn't greet me she kept chatting away. On the third day after I had walked my child to the gates I walked up to one of the men and asked who he was, if he is a teacher etc. and let me mind you I see a badge behind his tie, which should be visible! The man told me that he got introduced to the students durning an assembly the day before. But as a parent I would like to know who he is? The man still not introduce himself. Also, on this day I had went to the office to address some conerns I had and office staff was very pleasant and explained as usual, but Principal Ms Verdi stood there listening for a brief minute and walked into her office and closed the door. Also, the three days I picked up my child, I had to go to the kinder playground for pickup. It's a one gated area where parents bump into each other, and children running around. There is no formation like how the kinders would line up on both sides of the gates when entering in the front of the school and the teachers would call the student up and release them to their parents. I am not sure why they just don't release the 1st graders there if the kinders have already been dismissed out of class. I find this very upsetting, because not only do I feel this way I find that other parents that I have spoken to and to have known previously from last year, also find it unprofessional and unorganized. CONT......---->>

Posted July 16, 2015
This is a very tight-knit group of teachers under the leadership of Ms. Benson. Cabrillo has great community support. I am very fortunate to be a teacher at Cabrillo and an employee of the Upland Unified School District. I look forward to many more years in Upland.

Posted June 11, 2015
My daughter just finished her 1st year at Cabrillo. She was a 1st grader in Mrs. Dominguez class. She loves her school and everyone on staff I have been in contact with have been warm and friendly. The principal is wonderful too! I highly recommend this school. My daughter is looking forward to 2nd grade next year!

Posted November 24, 2014
My children no longer attend Cabrillo but we sure do miss it. We miss Mr. Mann and the music program, physical education program, the family fun nights (that are not too expensive), the teachers, the principal and the whole atmosphere. The only reason why I give four stars instead of five is the lack of cross guards which may be more of a City issue, but it's worth mentioning. My children now attend a school that has great ratings and within the Etiwanda School District but so far is not as welcoming as Cabrillo was. :( Also Cabrillo has safety procedures for dropping kids off at school and picking them up where parents and other adults are not allowed past gates and I feel like this was a good safety measure that was put in place after hearing of incidents at schools recently. Keep up the good work Cabrillo and Mrs. Benson, you are all missed.

Posted October 28, 2013
Love this school I think best choice of school around this area of upland n ontario.My son done 3 years n all his teacher been wonderful to him as well to me always very polite n show care. New principal too very nice person and I agree to the other comments office staff need better customer service sometimes they can be rude beside that 5 starts to Cabrillo. Nex year my other son be enroll n I hope they both fish all his elementary years at this school.

Cabrillo Elementary School 2

Posted March 28, 2013
Cabrillo Elementary in upland ,ca is an awesome school when it comes to my child's education. The teachers are great and show that they care. But for the office staff they are very rude and have no consideration for others. If they can teach the office staff some customer service, then I would give it a 5 star rating, also they didn't even check identification of someone who had picked up my son, very scary and unprofessional.

Posted February 11, 2012
Best School Ever! My son attended half of 1st grade and his grades were excellent, he was always excited to go to school, actually enjoyed doing his homework and he loved his teacher as well. Unfortunately we had to move and he started attended a different school and everything was completely opposite and the biggest difference i noticed was that Cabrillo is a very organized and strict (in a good way) school and they have a zero tolerance for bullying and I like that, so I'm most definitely transferring my child back to Cabrillo.

Posted July 28, 2010
Cabrillo Elementary is lucky to have Mrs.Chavira as principal. Sadly,while many schools have cut programs, Mrs. Chavira has continued to recognize the importance of arts and music and our students are blessed with the enrichment provided by these programs.

Cabrillo Elementary School

Posted February 16, 2009
my son attended Cabrillo for 3 years in which i had a lot of contact with the schools teachers and administration and they were all exellent. On every level the staff at cabrillo took the students well being first and formost. Miss Chavira is outstanding they couldn't have picked a better person for the job of principle. Richard Nigliazzo

Posted January 11, 2009
We love this School! My son went there from 2nd through 4th and my youngest to Kindergarden only. Unfortunately we had to move out of State but we miss it so much. All the teachers are great and they care for each and every student's education.

Cabrillo Elementary School
1562 West 11th Street, Upland, CA  91786
Last modified Cabrillo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cabrillo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top