Vacaville, CA
Students enrolled: 1,000
Before care: Yes

Vacaville Christian Schools 4

Posted August 26, 2014
I have 2 kids at VCS. The Christian atmosphere in and of itself is worth the price. The teachers are more than just good at the job, they are clearly loving and genuinely concerned for the children. I firmly believe that any Christian student attending this school will come out a leg up on their public school peers.

Posted August 17, 2014
Interestingly, my positive review from last year is now off this site. Well, after 21 years working here I've seen many changes - and they are good! The school continually works to keep the educational system on the forefront of technology and academics. Character is stressed and Biblical values are taught daily. Nearly all of the graduates attend college and do well. 17 AP course offerings in the high school! With nearly 1,000 students from K- 12 the school provides a safe learning environment with caring staff. Nearing the 40th anniversary, we have children and grandchildren from previous alumni now attending! Mr. J

Vacaville Christian Schools 1

Posted June 28, 2014
Huge suggestion: do not waste your money on this school. The students who are testing high and getting great grades leave the school (off to college or a public school) and soon realize that they are way behind their peers on an educational level. To the military families and those that are new to the area and don't have time to research, please ask around the community on advice from those who have their children in the public system also. The public schools in the area are doing the right thing, this school is not for so many reasons from the illegal situations which have been covered up to the background of those who they bring in to work the system. It is a complete "for profit" based school. The whole community sees it this way also. The school may appear to be the better choice when compared to the looks of the older schools in the neighborhood but appearance isn't everything. The majority of students that have transferred to public schools in the area or outside the area after attending here for years find that they are struggling to catch up with their fellow public school peers. This is not acceptable.

Posted May 31, 2014
We have been truly blessed by having our children attend VCS. While there have been some changes we did not understand at the time, we have come to understand the underlying reasons and have faith in the faculty. Our children are truly loved and the education far exceeds anything they would receive in the public schools. The Christian values that they not only experience, but are taught, are priceless.

Posted February 22, 2014
Great school, new AP teachers definitely bring the science departments up to standards. The school is a much safer environment than other public school and the teachers definitely care about the students' lives. I have often receive emails from teachers to let me know how my students are doing and the technology they use to inform me of my students' well being let me drop my kids off with ease.

Vacaville Christian Schools 2

Posted May 30, 2013
The Head of School always has a new "gimmick" (see iPad and "celebrity" AD) to try and draw in new students instead of focusing on making this school welcoming and wonderful again for the students who are already there. Elementary is very good, Middle School has improved but the High School has declined over the last few years with new leadership. In High School the math program is behind, offerings are lacking and the principal is difficult to communicate with. Don't be fooled by the iPad & advanced technology claim. The kids still carry text books and the iPad isn't used constructively. Enrollment numbers for the last few years have seen a steady decline, that should tell you something and the decline couldn't strictly be the economy. Check out the local public HS and meet with its principal before you make any decisions. Decide for yourself. Our children are our #1 asset. The decision shouldn't be made based on a sales pitch but on honest answers.

Posted May 01, 2013
I am a teacher at VCHS and I can say with certainty that VCS is a place of integrity and excellence. Our students are pushed to succeed not only in the classroom, but also as people of good character. We teachers are given oppertunities to go to conferences and conventions to make us better educators, and our small class sizes make it able for us to give our students the attention they need and deserve. I love teaching at VCS, I can't imagine working anywhere else.

Posted April 28, 2013
The High School is great! It's like a family from the staff to the kids to families supporting our events. We support each other and I know I can always get help if I need something. People there really care and we are a family. Been a student here for 8 years. Wouldn't consider going anywhere else.

Posted April 28, 2013
VCHS is the best school we have ever encountered! The High School Principal is awesome and in touch with the families and students. The teachers are amazing! Almost 100% of them graduate and go to college! They teach character and leadership development from the earliest ages. We could not be happier! Have 2 teenagers there and have been a VCS family for over 10 years. This school is the best!

Vacaville Christian Schools 1

Posted March 28, 2013
I have an "insider's view" of the school, having taught there for years (I left by choice when I saw that the ship was sinking), and I sadly have to report that this is among the worst schools in California. The school has no clear mission and no real leadership. The Head of School is whoever he needs to be in the moment. He says what the person in the room needs to hear to avoid confrontation. Sadly, many parents have bought this, but, given their low enrollment numbers, many have also caught on. The school too often gives in to the whims of parents and blindly follows the hot educational buzzword of the moment. There is no real understanding of what children need to learn and no understanding of how hold children to high standards of learning and behavior. The kids there are great. They deserve better.

Vacaville Christian Schools
1117 Davis Street, Vacaville, CA  95687
Last modified Vacaville Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Vacaville Christian Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top