PK-12|Private
1,000 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Vacaville Christian Schools 3

Posted November 08, 2015
I had two boys attending the elementary school for 3 years. I do like the christian atmosphere but my motivation for attending private school was the smaller classes, improved technology and excellent staff. The years we attended were good to my children. I was happy with the discipline and respect the kids learned as well as the communication from the teachers. I was really happy with the new technology smart boards and Ipads oh my. I was not happy with how the financial decisions were being made. A few years before we starting attending VCS, the board decided to purchase a bond to pay for the high school and the new technology. For whatever reasons the bank and VCS could not meet their obligations. (it was during the recession and the real estate crash). The last year we attended I received a letter from the board letting me know that their prayers had been answered and the bank forgave a very large portion of their debt. Since the debt was forgiven they wanted to pay it forward and forgive all the debt for all the delinquent accounts. I am not sure how this decision benefited the students or improved the curriculum. I don't even need to mention how upset the parents who were paying there tuition were. We are at a new school this year and to my surprise both of my sons have smaller classes then they did at VCS. My 5th grader has his own notepad to use in class for his work. I am very happy at our current school and although I would not take back the experience my kids had a VCS, I am wondering why I paid so much for a private school when we are getting everything but the christian education at our public school.

Posted September 28, 2015
We have been blessed to have both our kids at VCS for the past 5 years. The education they are receiving is at a higher level than their public school friends. They are taught biblical principles not only in class but on the playground and athletic fields. In addition, VCS has a wonderful selection of after school programs for grades K-8. Is there room for improvement? Of course - as with any organization. The faculty and staff are always looking for ways to improve - never have I heard someone say "we've always done it that way".

Vacaville Christian Schools 2

Posted September 14, 2015
Grade inflation is rampant at this school. You get what you pay for after all, and parents are paying a pretty penny for this so-called education. I'd agree wholeheartedly with the "country club" feel another reviewer mentioned. Many students have mentioned the teachers and administration have favorites, and if you're one of those, you'll have a great experience. If you're not, prepare to leave.

Vacaville Christian Schools 4

Posted August 10, 2015
They are an excellent school both in biblical teaching and academics. We had our daughter in pre k and kindergarten. She loved the school. Teachers are loving to the students. The only problem we had was that the staff wasn't as nice and friendly to all parents. We felt unwanted. It's "country club" type feeling as far as parents and staff.

Posted May 14, 2015
We have two children at Vacaville Christian; one going into 1st grade and the other going into 3rd grade. In order of value to me personally, here's what I like about the school: 1) Our kids are loved by the teachers and administration 2) They are taught a biblical world view 3) They are taught discipline and self-control 4) State government has no influence over the school 5) Academics are high - our kids read, think and compute at a higher level than their peers attending other schools in the area. If you can afford it, go for it. You won't regret spending the money. If you cannot afford it, send your kids to a public school and supplement their learning at home with all of the subjects.

Vacaville Christian Schools 4

Posted August 26, 2014
I have 2 kids at VCS. The Christian atmosphere in and of itself is worth the price. The teachers are more than just good at the job, they are clearly loving and genuinely concerned for the children. I firmly believe that any Christian student attending this school will come out a leg up on their public school peers.

Posted August 17, 2014
Interestingly, my positive review from last year is now off this site. Well, after 21 years working here I've seen many changes - and they are good! The school continually works to keep the educational system on the forefront of technology and academics. Character is stressed and Biblical values are taught daily. Nearly all of the graduates attend college and do well. 17 AP course offerings in the high school! With nearly 1,000 students from K- 12 the school provides a safe learning environment with caring staff. Nearing the 40th anniversary, we have children and grandchildren from previous alumni now attending! Mr. J

Vacaville Christian Schools 1

Posted June 28, 2014
Huge suggestion: do not waste your money on this school. The students who are testing high and getting great grades leave the school (off to college or a public school) and soon realize that they are way behind their peers on an educational level. To the military families and those that are new to the area and don't have time to research, please ask around the community on advice from those who have their children in the public system also. The public schools in the area are doing the right thing, this school is not for so many reasons from the illegal situations which have been covered up to the background of those who they bring in to work the system. It is a complete "for profit" based school. The whole community sees it this way also. The school may appear to be the better choice when compared to the looks of the older schools in the neighborhood but appearance isn't everything. The majority of students that have transferred to public schools in the area or outside the area after attending here for years find that they are struggling to catch up with their fellow public school peers. This is not acceptable.

Posted February 22, 2014
Great school, new AP teachers definitely bring the science departments up to standards. The school is a much safer environment than other public school and the teachers definitely care about the students' lives. I have often receive emails from teachers to let me know how my students are doing and the technology they use to inform me of my students' well being let me drop my kids off with ease.

Vacaville Christian Schools 2

Posted May 30, 2013
The Head of School always has a new "gimmick" (see iPad and "celebrity" AD) to try and draw in new students instead of focusing on making this school welcoming and wonderful again for the students who are already there. Elementary is very good, Middle School has improved but the High School has declined over the last few years with new leadership. In High School the math program is behind, offerings are lacking and the principal is difficult to communicate with. Don't be fooled by the iPad & advanced technology claim. The kids still carry text books and the iPad isn't used constructively. Enrollment numbers for the last few years have seen a steady decline, that should tell you something and the decline couldn't strictly be the economy. Check out the local public HS and meet with its principal before you make any decisions. Decide for yourself. Our children are our #1 asset. The decision shouldn't be made based on a sales pitch but on honest answers.

Vacaville Christian Schools
1117 Davis Street, Vacaville, CA  95687
Last modified Vacaville Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12