613 students|Newhall

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

Great school with a lot of potential. The administration of this school prevents this school from achieving it's true potential. If this school had the right administration, it would be top notch and has the potential to be one of the best in the state. The principal is scared of the teachers and the teachers have no guidance from the principal. Terrible situation. The positives are there are some amazing teachers, lots of parent involvement and extremely bright students. This aspect keeps this school high functioning. One thing I have noticed is that there are way too many teachers who are friends with parents. This is great if the teachers are able to keep the friendships away from the classroom but too often they are not able to. So, the "friends" kids get priority when it comes down to it! I give this school a 4 simply because of the 80% of teachers there who are amazing, parent involvement and extremely bright kids.

I have now had 4 children at this school. The facility is nice, running well below capacity. The teachers are happy to be there with only a couple that I would be hesitant to have assigned to my youngest. (more for personality matches than anything else) I find the front staff to be very knowledgable if a bit rigid. The new principal has started out as eager but seems to be a bit out of place. There is a high level of community involvement at the school and the parents are in general very highly educated and demanding in terms of the how the school functions and performs. A stronger personality in the principals office might be a better match. This school is one of the few that fund their own PE program and the transition into the junior high is seamless. overall I am happy with the experience that my children have had.

I moved to Valencia for the schools and Oak Hills did not disappoint. Teachers genuinely care about their students and parents are always kept informed. School is clean and well run.

My three kids LOVE this school! The teachers, staff and families are all invested in the success of the children. The atmosphere is welcoming and energetic, there are always parent volunteers on campus and I think that makes the difference in the classrooms.

My two children attended k and 1st grade at Oak Hills. I love this school. Teachers care about the students and challenge them to do very good academically and in extracurricular activites. There is variety of students in this school. The school is strict about student's safety. The staff are very nice and friendly. Parents are very much involoved especially the PTA. The school is very clean too.

Excellent school. The teachers are excellent too and even the office staff and of course the Principal! When it comes to PTA, most of them are not friendly...I might say only few are..sometimes. They really have an attitude as if they own the school. I don't wanna name names you know who you are guys!

My daughter is in first grade and loves the school. We as her parents love it too for so many reasons. The facilies are exceptional from the Cafeteria to the classrooms. The school is always clean and there is great suprevision at all times. They have an exceptional pick up and drop off valet parking system. I am impressed with the academics and level of standards they have. My daughter who is in first grade is reading at second grade level. The teachers are well prepared and are awesome. I just can't say enough about it.

My wife and I enrolled our son in oaks hills elementary. After driving 45 miles a day from Sherman oaks for 5 months just to try it out. We tried private schools and public schools, until finally; the first week exceeded our expectations. He has made so many friends as well as my wife. He is now thriving, so is my wife. He is excited about home work, he is happy in school. We finally moved. I am confident this will be home for the next 15 years. Great principal, great teachers and the parents are well mannered and involved too. Feels like old America how I grew up. with the smiles on my kids i have no complaints. oh, i have two kids in school and one to be soon.

Our daughter attended KG there before moving over to SRE. We absolutely loved the everyone we met. The Principal, secretaries, teachers, school staff...they were all wonderful! Our child had an amazing first experience in school and we could go on and on about the quality of everyone involved at Oak Hills. Our only (small) gripe was the last minute notification of some important special events. Notifications could have been sent out a bit earlier.

Last modified Oak Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.