Bad
Good

Posted December 03, 2015
My experience of this school just gets worse and worse. The homework is more like home schooling, they send a huge packet home and half of the information they don't pre teach so prepare your self to be a teacher. They do serve breakfast and lunch to the kids. That is if your ok with your children eating cake for breakfast. The "new" principal Ms.Gomez is awful. She holds a double standard is extremely rude and racist. I can't believe how disrespectful this woman is to the kids and parents. The school board really needs to put a real principal in this school, that woman should be fired!!! Our children deserve role models not a lady on a power trip. I will not recommend this school to any parent!!!

Posted October 12, 2013
I have 2 children in 4th grade and 1 in kinder, this is there second year attending this school. It is 100% the worst experience not just for my children but for myself as well. The school is unorganized, teachers are uncaring, children are bullied. Classes are over populated. And from personal experience has left my two oldest not wanting to return. I struggle in a daily basis to get them to school, due to bullies ect. I feel the . Principal Mrs Barr can do more to control her grounds. My children will not be returning to this school next year. It's been a nightmare.

Posted August 13, 2013
This school was by far the worst experience...My daughter's Kinder teacher was awesome, However she will not ever return to this school...

Bassett Street Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2011
I have my son son here in Kindergarten. So far I am happy. His teacher is great. She recently was transferred to this school ( Ms Alvarez). I really am happy that my son is in her class. She is the best. My son is very motivated, he has learned a lot and loves going to school every day. I wish Ms Alvarez could be his teacher in first grade too.

Posted August 19, 2010
My husband and I are truly concerned that both our son and daughter are at a school that doesn't seem to have it together by any means! 2009-2010 was our daughters first year, she was a kindergardener... I had to teach her everything she know! (Letter sounds, number sence and more)... Last year was also my son's first year at Basett... This is the first year his STAR report was below average! What is going on? There have also been other issuse at the school... The one that bothers me the most is... There was a petiphile exposing him self to our children on the playground after school recently... The school main Principle Mrs. Barr denied the situation to my neighbor who's daughter also attends Basstt.... THESE ARE OUR CHILDREN... THERE SOULD HAVE BEEN A MEMO SENT OUT TO ALL PARENTS IN REGARDS TO THIS!! I

Bassett Street Elementary School

Posted May 15, 2009
This is the first year my son's attend Basset, I'm very happy with the academic progress they have achieved at Basset, with the help of their wonderful and caring teachers ( Mrs. Cuevas and Mr. Hazard). Thank you!

Bassett Street Elementary School 4

Posted April 23, 2007
When we (my husband and myself),got a chance to transfer our daughter to another school for the lack of good scores by Bassett Elementary,we started to think about it.However, after careful consideration, we decided to let her finish her grade with her teacher, who has been an amazing educator and very loved by all her students. We kept a close eye on our daughter's progress and she has been doing well in all aspects of Education. We are satisfied with this School and its curriculum and programs to benefit the students.

Bassett Street Elementary School 5

Posted June 14, 2006
Very happy with the Kindergarten.My child knows his numbers and shapes and is beginning to read!Can't be happier.

Bassett Street Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2006
My daughter nis in this school and I am concerned because she seems to be un motivated.In her class she hasn't been exposed much to music, art , sport, or anything like that other parents have complained too. I am currently looking for another school.Test scores are low and there's just too many students here.

Bassett Street Elementary School 5

Posted October 21, 2003
I have both of my sons here, and they have learned so much since they began their school here. My Pre-k, would love to come to school everyday and he still remembers the great time he had when he was there. He is now in 1st. My second son did not know anything when he began kinder, but a the end of kinder he was reading and writing letters that made sense to me. Very happy parent.

Bassett Street Elementary School
15756 Bassett Street, Van Nuys, CA  91406
Last modified Bassett Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.